Best non-Guns Slash song

Towelie

What's the best non-GNR Slash song?  

61 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

10 hours ago, djones1225 said:

Still wish Beggers was a Guns song. Pretty sure this along with Back and Forth (100% sure), and Soma City Ward were the ones Axl wanted back. Beggers was co written with Duff, Soma has a credit to Izzy, & Back and Forth was in the making of the videos. 

I have read this rumor more than once but have never seen a source.

I voted for By The Sword but would have voted for Mother Maria probably.

Edited by Free Bird

By far, By the Sword and would LOVE to hear Axl to sing that song. It fits him perfectly, I love, love, LOVE that song. Fall to Pieces is my second one, I love that guitar riff. Well, Slash is a genius, whatever he creates is out of this world. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, ACDC8 said:

By far, By the Sword and would LOVE to hear Axl to sing that song. It fits him perfectly, I love, love, LOVE that song. Fall to Pieces is my second one, I love that guitar riff. Well, Slash is a genius, whatever he creates is out of this world. 

Good call on By The Sword. I think that'd suit Axl. Certainly more than Slither

• Like 1

Very tough as VR have so many great tunes and I love Beggers and Hangers On and The Great Pretender. 

I went for Slither. A real gem and at the time it was really special as we'd been starved of really star quality songs from GNR members. Nu Metal was big and we needed a real Rock band to come along and kick some ass. VR did that and Slither started it. 

*Note to Axl - Please stop singing it

• Like 1

On 22/10/2019 at 1:06 AM, djones1225 said:

Still wish Beggers was a Guns song. Pretty sure this along with Back and Forth (100% sure), and Soma City Ward were the ones Axl wanted back. Beggers was co written with Duff, Soma has a credit to Izzy, & Back and Forth was in the making of the videos. 

I agree. Really great songs. I was lucky enough to see Snakepit do these tunes live. 

I did like Eric Dover singing. There's some good videos of just him and Slash doing a few songs from 1995. Both seem wasted but they're great if you haven't seen them.