Jump to content

Eddie trunk rant and gnr discussion


Recommended Posts

Not sure if this in the right place,¬†so move if needed ūüĎćūüėɬ†¬†but I'm almost certain he's specifically talking about gnr here (outside of¬†short 1hr15 set lists). Listen from 2:16 onwards¬†

 

Mentions long guitar solos, and bands covering the who instead of playing their back catalogue. I mean it sounds like he called gnr out, in everything but name. He did just watch them at exit111

Also, I heard him respond to a caller who went and was disappointed about the opening night of the current tour, saying it was the first time he was completely  underwhelmed watching gnr live. Eddie basically said, they shouldn't be playing gigs and working kinks out when the ticket price doesn't reflect a lesser show. They either can play at a consistent level on night 1 as they do on night 20, or don't charge as much until they can. Sounds like he has a few opinions, and he's not putting them totally on blast because he still wants that interview. 

 

Good to know the complainers go all the way to the topūüėĄ

Edited by Tom2112
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

He's just pissed because he never got his interview. Can't say I blame the band though. I wouldn't want to get my ass kissed for 20 minutes either.

He's definitely upset about the interview never happening, but there's valid criticism within too. 

  • GNFNR 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Eddie really did sound like he was holding back when talking about the Exit 111 festival. Probably a good move, but I bet he is talking so much shit behind the scenes to any band from the 80's with less success than GN'R has been having, because he knows they are all jealous and feeling just like he does. 

 

I went from listening to Eddie everyday, since he started his Volume show, to not being able to listen to a whole show. He really thinks he is a rock star, but he's not. Oh, and it looks like Axl doesn't want that interview, Eddie lol.

Edited by Tourettes2400
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Eddie has always been a whiny bitch. He always acts like he's some big shot who deserves access to all these bands at concerts but I don't think all the bands feel that way. I guess Slash still tolerates him enough to do the occasional interview on his radio show but he's never given him any big scoops.

And he doesn't deserve that Axl/GnR interview.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

My question is why this interview would be so much important? is there any new albums released by the band to talk about? any extra-ordinary S&Mish live performance happened by GNR to talk about?

What are they gonna talk about in the next interview? same boring stuff...

"We're recording some stuff, band member throwing potential ideas and then we'll do touring and we'll do more touring and we'll see how it goes"

Edited by ©GnrPersia
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Axls been covered by actual music journalists. Say what you will about Kurt Loder, but compared to Trunk he is a genius. Nothing wrong with some Trunk - Im subscribed - but I think Axl tends to be interested in more substance and perspective? Like can you imagine the UYI Axl RS cover story as conducted by Trunk? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, soon said:

Axls been covered by actual music journalists. Say what you will about Kurt Loder, but compared to Trunk he is a genius. Nothing wrong with some Trunk - Im subscribed - but I think Axl tends to be interested in more substance and perspective? Like can you imagine the UYI Axl RS cover story as conducted by Trunk? 

I have heard him go into lot of detail and behind the scenes things with people, but he only does it when he's interviewed the person before. End of the day he doesn't want to burn any bridges by asking a personal question and ruining trust or the person leaving.

Trunk says it himself, he talks about the music, but if the artist comes on and wants to open up he'll go with them. There's a good Lita Ford interview for example about not being able to see her kids.

As for 2006 he was completely caught off guard to have actually landed Axl rose in his studio, so he was unprepared and completely starstruck. Still one of Axls best Interviews! 2011, I guarantee he was restricted in the questions he could ask by management... but again,  it was like 4am after being at the venue all day, I buy the story that all 3 of them were just burnt when it came time for the axl interview. Just watch it, those guys looked fatigued.

100% agree that he comes off entitled sometimes and talks like he's a superstar, rather than just a relatively known personality within the rock world. When it gets comes to it though, I usually agree with his opinion on most bands. The story of Richard and Duff giving Eddie the go ahead and security stopping him is just ridiculous! 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Tom2112 said:

I have heard him go into lot of detail and behind the scenes things with people, but he only does it when he's interviewed the person before. End of the day he doesn't want to burn any bridges by asking a personal question and ruining trust or the person leaving.

Trunk says it himself, he talks about the music, but if the artist comes on and wants to open up he'll go with them. There's a good Lita Ford interview for example about not being able to see her kids.

As for 2006 he was completely caught off guard to have actually landed Axl rose in his studio, so he was unprepared and completely starstruck. Still one of Axls best Interviews! 2011, I guarantee he was restricted in the questions he could ask by management... but again,  it was like 4am after being at the venue all day, I buy the story that all 3 of them were just burnt when it came time for the axl interview. Just watch it, those guys looked fatigued.

100% agree that he comes off entitled sometimes and talks like he's a superstar, rather than just a relatively known personality within the rock world. When it gets comes to it though, I usually agree with his opinion on most bands. The story of Richard and Duff giving Eddie the go ahead and security stopping him is just ridiculous! 

Oh, okay, fair enough. Like I say I am a fairly regular listener myself so I guess I just havent heard too many deep dives. I cant remember the name of the artist but sometime in the last year some interviewee got into justice, faith, addiction and I remember Trunk just going silent for an extended period, lol.

I still think Trunk prefers to cater to the 'no politics, just entertainment' parts of rock fandom, but its nice to know he's open to broader discussions. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Eddie's ok, not cool, but ok - he's been very supportive towards Axl during the CD years. Perhaps too much of a fan though and that might get on their nerves over time. If he was pushed back by security despite the invitation from a band member, that was probably for a reason. Once you get backstage you are backstage, unless you behave like an idiot that is.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, soon said:

Oh, okay, fair enough. Like I say I am a fairly regular listener myself so I guess I just havent heard too many deep dives. I cant remember the name of the artist but sometime in the last year some interviewee got into justice, faith, addiction and I remember Trunk just going silent for an extended period, lol.

I still think Trunk prefers to cater to the 'no politics, just entertainment' parts of rock fandom, but its nice to know he's open to broader discussions. 

Well to be fair, I really can't imagine him doing the UYI RS interview. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, BangoSkank said:

I have no idea what everyone's talking about, to be honest. I agree with literally every word that he said in both of these videos. 

Never got the hate towards him. Eddie has always come off to me like a genuine, passionate, excited fan. I would love to have his job. 

I too didnt get why the hate on Eddie here. I disagree with him, but I think he's saying exactly what a lot of MyGNR fans keep saying over and over on the shows threads.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Eddie Trunk sucks because he is an asskiss, thinks he is way more important than what he is, and spews out logical or general knowledge about the music industry making it sound like he is such an insider. Yes he has been in the industry...whooptydoo. Hanging off Ace Frehley's balls or plugging some lame hair metal band also makes him a joke in my eyes. Also just listening to him is annoying..he is always name dropping or pulling the "I just have to be honest" card when yet again it is very basic thoughts. A lot of his clips on youtube are ponderous to get through and feature just a kernel of what the click bait title set it up as.

Edited by Bucketbot25
spelling
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
√ó
√ó
  • Create New...