Broken Leg,was in traction for a few days, got some bolts and screws in there but I got away lucky enough.... 

My Buddy was a huge Pink Floyd fan, he kinda drove the thing... Don’t think it was climate change, it was forgiveness of third world debt. Live Aid part 2, I guess...

Velvet Revolver, The Who, REM, Paul McCartney and bunch of others kinda made it worth the money... 

• Like 1
  • Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That run between Dark Side to The Wall is one of the strongest creative streaks in rock music. Most bands can barely string together 2 good albums.

Someone said this shit at my house recently and I almost flipped a table lol. 

Glad you started this thread!  Floyd is easily my number one band of all time. I got into them around the time Delicate Sound of Thunder came out. That album was a big gateway into their back cat

43 minutes ago, soon said:

:drool::cry::nervous::angry::shades:

I would say how good it sounded, but Roger already did so, himself lol. 

I fucking love that song and that's a good version overall. I like the different take on it. 

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

A classic rock station is playing The Wall Live album in full this Saturday night.

CHEZ 106. I believe one can stream from their website and also from radio apps. :headbang:

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

"Tongue tied and twisted, just an Earth-bound mystic" Is what I thought the lyric was when I heard it on the radio today.

Really connected with this lyric. Never liked the song, nor album, before. And then I realized the word is "Misfit" not "mystic."

Its amazing how with that one word, I'm back to not liking the song, lol

29 minutes ago, soon said:

"Tongue tied and twisted, just an Earth-bound mystic" Is what I thought the lyric was when I heard it on the radio today.

Really connected with this lyric. Never liked the song, nor album, before. And then I realized the word is "Misfit" not "mystic."

Haha, when I first saw your post I was like "it's misfit, not mystic". Then I saw you say you really connected with the lyric and I thought "OK, I just won't say anything and ruin it for him". Then I read the rest haha. 

• Haha 1
12 hours ago, soon said:

You poor man! :D Do you hate it even more if I told you that beloved GnR producer Bob Ezrin co-wrote the lyrics? ;) 

I always liked that song though. Never been a big fan of post-Waters Floyd, but this is one of the tracks I enjoy. Not that it's anywhere near the level of what came before, but I still enjoy it. David and Polly's lyrics just rarely do it for me. 

• Like 2
4 hours ago, username said:

You poor man! :D Do you hate it even more if I told you that beloved GnR producer Bob Ezrin co-wrote the lyrics? ;) 

I always liked that song though. Never been a big fan of post-Waters Floyd, but this is one of the tracks I enjoy. Not that it's anywhere near the level of what came before, but I still enjoy it. David and Polly's lyrics just rarely do it for me. 

F'n Bob Ezrin!! :lol: Im pretty sure its him that encouraged the band to sound more contemporary with drum loops and 80s synth too. If only Id been there to tell him hes got maybe 4 good words and I can help rewrite the rest, lol.

I havent sat with AMLOR nearly enough to really even comment. Heard enough to get a taste and have been happy to just leave it be so far. But as I fan I anticipate that one day Ill dive in and I wont be surprised if I enjoy for what it is, either. Same with Endless River. But I love Division Bell. Also wish some Wright solo material had been post-Waters Floyd, including for the quality of the lyrics.