Slash’s Playing is SIC Right now

35 minutes ago, DK6 said:

George Harrison is just an OK guitar player (not talking about his songwriting so back off alright!!!)

Eric Clapton is a massive dork (Come at me Bro!!!)

Keith Richards is a rhythm guitar player so a completely different topic (Lets compare him to Izzy - that should be fun!)

Robbie Robertson ( You mean THE Robbie Robertson, the man, the legend?? - Never heard of him)

Saying that you've never heard of Robbie Robertson discounts your other statements/opinions, which are pretty ridiculous.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, lame ass security said:

Saying that you've never heard of Robbie Robertson discounts your other statements/opinions, which are pretty ridiculous.

I reckon if you pushed a bit harder you could sound more pretentious!

I believe in you - You can do it!!

16 minutes ago, lame ass security said:

My supposed pretensions have nothing to do with the fact that you're misinformed.  How did I do?

No one informed me of my comments - i came up with them myself. 

Hard to believe i know!

The only comment i would alter would be about George Harrison. He's better than ok.

• Haha 1

Just now, lame ass security said:

You're coming around.😊  I was just wondering how Clapton is a dork as a guitarist?

Just went back to check what this conversation was about.

Turns out its about "noodling"!!

Who would have thought!

No i was just being silly mate. End of the day at work and its gone to my head!

Harrison is great - and doesn't noodle.

Nothing dorkey about claptons guitar playing. I really love his playing. Haven't heard him noodle.

Keith Richards IS a rhythm guitarist (although wrote the lead to gimme shelter - one of the great lead guitar lines and great songs) so it would be a bit weird if he noodled!

Still don't know who Robbie Robertson is but that's not his fault - don't reckon he's heard of me either!

1 minute ago, DK6 said:

Just went back to check what this conversation was about.

Turns out its about "noodling"!!

Who would have thought!

No i was just being silly mate. End of the day at work and its gone to my head!

Harrison is great - and doesn't noodle.

Nothing dorkey about claptons guitar playing. I really love his playing. Haven't heard him noodle.

Keith Richards IS a rhythm guitarist (although wrote the lead to gimme shelter - one of the great lead guitar lines and great songs) so it would be a bit weird if he noodled!

Still don't know who Robbie Robertson is but that's not his fault - don't reckon he's heard of me either!

It's all good.😄  But I have to warn you, if you check out Robbie Robertson just concentrate on his playing and not his vocals.  Some of the work he did with The Band was excellent.

• Like 1

These conversations oftentimes ignore a really basic truth:

Slash is a great guitarist and, as such, noodles around a lot to get to the great parts.

Without the wanking, there would be no jizzing.

And that's what everyone here likes, right?

Jizz?

But serioulsy, I agree with the OP. I have seen NITL twice (once in 2016, once in 2019) and was utterly floored by Slash both times. He certainly did do a lot of noodling, particularly in KOHD, but when he hit the big notes in Coma I thought the roof was gonna fucking fall in. He's an utterly insane, beautiful player who is nowhere near a rut.

And besides, some people like the noodling!

• Like 4

6 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

:rofl-lol:

Are you serious? Harrison, Richards, and Clapton are far more important to guitar than Slash. That isn't even debatable

I agree with TiL. Robins original is phenominal, one of the best solos recorded under the gnr name. Some of Slashs versions during 2016 were amazing. I wish he kept that up. I think he got bored with the song in 2017

It’s cool u think Harrison is relevant as a player - Name some big riffs or solo’s he kills it on - I love Keith But he is a Rthymn player - 

Clapton has a chance to be great but “ Mr Brownstone “ Destroyed him to the point he became a folk music player 

The few Riffs the Beatles had / Clapton played them in the studio for them 

as far as This I love - Robins version is cool because he wrote it but Slash made it his own on tour and killed it - I love Slash’s version better but since Robin “ Mr I don’t play solos “ For NIN wrote the song I’ll give him some credit but not much 

7 hours ago, TMAC20 said:

It’s cool u think Harrison is relevant as a player - Name some big riffs or solo’s he kills it on - I love Keith But he is a Rthymn player - 

Clapton has a chance to be great but “ Mr Brownstone “ Destroyed him to the point he became a folk music player 

as far as This I love - Robins version is cool because he wrote it but Slash made it his own on tour and killed it - I love Slash’s version better but since Robin “ Mr I don’t play solos “ For NIN wrote the song I’ll give him some credit but not much 

Clapton is literally on one Beatles recording and it was for a solo, not a "riff" so try again. You are so uninformed about music, it's laughable.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, TMAC20 said:

It's kinda funny when you say Harrison it's not relevant because he doesn't have big riff and solos (which i can disagree and name a few in just a sec). And call Keith a rhythm player , a guy who wrote riffs like Satisfaction, Jumpin Jack Flash, Start me up, Brown Sugar, Honk Tonk Woman among others... 

With the exception of While My Guitar Gently Weeps do you know any other recording Clapton  did with the Beatles?

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Free Bird said:

I can't understand what to discuss about it. Most people I talked to at concerts were blown away by his performance. So the casual fan seems to like his playing while many on here, the hardcore fans, seem to be disappointed. 

At the end there's nothing to argue about it. If you don't like it you don't like it.

I think he's still incredible. I love his playing. I loved his 30min Rocket Queen version and I was in awe during his crazy 10min Wicked Stone solo. Honestly I even think a few of his This I Love solos are the best solos ever played for this song. I know... very unpopular opinion but it is what it is... nobody can convince me wrong because it's all my personal taste.

20 hours ago, janrichmond said:

I agree @Free Bird 

Slash is the reason i went to the 2017 shows in England. 

Slash rocks  :slash::headbang:

I agree. I'm interested in GnR primarily because of Slash. At this point it really is Slash ft GnR, and SMKC has always been impressive as well.

16 hours ago, Nosaj Thing said:

Or Chile '92.  Or Paris '93.  Those were the days his tone was absolutely killer.  Now he sounds all flat because he insists on using his godawful signature equipment.

He's still using the same amps as in the 90s.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, TMAC20 said:

Not 1 of those cats are big time Guitar players 

might have been in the early 70s 

Keith plays Rythmn Guitar 

Harrison Played for a boy band 

Clapton had a few decent tunes with cream and he noodled a bunch live 

Don’t know who Robbie Robertson is - so ill give you that 1 

I do my best to stay out of debates/arguments on the internet but I can't let this stand. Keith, Clapton, and Harrison inspired an entire generation of guitarists. Are you aware of the massive influence the Stones and the Beatles had? The influence Clapton has on virtually every blues player? They're not very culturally relevant these days but to say they weren't massively influential is mind-boggling. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

I do my best to stay out of debates/arguments on the internet but I can't let this stand. Keith, Clapton, and Harrison inspired an entire generation of guitarists. Are you aware of the massive influence the Stones and the Beatles had? The influence Clapton has on virtually every blues player? They're not very culturally relevant these days but to say they weren't massively influential is mind-boggling. 

I"m very sure Slash would agree and would rate all of them higher than himself.

Except for Robbie Robertson, cause nobody heard of him, ever.

Edited by El Guapo
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Beto 22 said:

If you never heard of The Band or who played on It it's your fault not mine... 

It's like the other day I was talking to a lady at work. She was having a go at me for not having heard of something.

I said Listen Karen we all have different experiences throughout our lives which introduce us to varied aspects of the world. What is normal to one person might be unheard of to another.

You can't compare what one person knows and has experienced to another because they are going to be so varied based on their relationships, life experience, socioeconomic status, etc.

So I said Karen back off a little and get out of my face. It's not my fault I've never heard of "toilet paper".

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

Try to remember that this discussion is not about whether they are influential but about whether they eat noodles or not.

Edited by DK6
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, El Guapo said:

Except for Robbie Robertson, cause nobody heard of him, ever.

Yeah... Nobody heard these songs...

Rainy Day Women #12 &35
Just Like A Woman
The Weight
I Shall Be Released
The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down
Up On Cripple Creek
Photograh (Ringo Starr)
It Don't Come Easy
Forever Young

24 minutes ago, Beto 22 said:

Yeah... Nobody heard these songs...

Rainy Day Women #12 &35
Just Like A Woman
The Weight
I Shall Be Released
The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down
Up On Cripple Creek
Photograh (Ringo Starr)
It Don't Come Easy
Forever Young

Finally you're speaking some sense!!

I’ve read interviews with Slash over recent years when he talks about how Myles used to teach guitar and now and again would show Slash something on the guitar and Slash would then try and implement it somewhere during a solo when playing with SMKC. I’m wondering if he kinda does the same with Fortus sometimes as Fortus is technically a good guitar player. 

I do agree I miss the more bluesy playing and feeling to Slash’ s playing that made him my favourite guitar player since back in 93.