NITL is over, finito?

4 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

I actually remember reading an interview that SMKC IV is in the planning stages

Well I won't mention the source, but someone quite close to Myles (I read this), had him saying that he was close to burn out after playing close on 300 shows this year, so I don't think he's jumping straight back in with Slash once AB finish their cycle. Maybe he will, but I think he needs a breather, I also think SMKC need a breather because the material wasn't there on the last release. Slash and co should spend a bit more time with the material, live with it and then get in the studio and bang it out. Seemed like the record was made in a short window of time and the quality factor was not the top priority. They didn't want to make an average album obviously, but the results speak for themselves.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, GnR Chris said:

Or they'll announce another Conspirators project. What is Alter Bridge doing in the foreseeable future?

Dizzy Reed is supposedly hitting the road with Hookers N Blow in November and December. *sigh*

Alter Bridge are on tour this upcoming summer.. Saw that they're support/special guests on Iron Maiden show in Sweden in June

Edited by estranged_85

1 hour ago, Tom2112 said:

I also think SMKC need a breather because the material wasn't there on the last release. 

That is for sure.. That was the first album Slash has ever been on that I didn't like at all. That was more to do with Myles though.. He made it all sound bland and generic.. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

That is for sure.. That was the first album Slash has ever been on that I didn't like at all. That was more to do with Myles though.. He made it all sound bland and generic.. 

Weird. I thought they were at their best live during the last tour. And the last record had some pretty good ballady tunes. "The One You Loved is Gone" and "Lost Inside the Girl" were really good. The rockers were sort of lacking.

12 minutes ago, GnR Chris said:

Weird. I thought they were at their best live during the last tour. And the last record had some pretty good ballady tunes. "The One You Loved is Gone" and "Lost Inside the Girl" were really good. The rockers were sort of lacking.

It was the first time I ever skipped any Slash tour in my life too. In hindsight I wish I went but I was so underwhelmed with Myles and the record and it looked like they were playing a lot of it. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

I didn't like it either the only ones that were good to me were Serve You Right & Driving Rain. The rest seemed generic, some parts of the songs seemed like a rehash of GNR songs like The Great Pretender is almost written like Dont Cry & parts of The Call of the Wild has a Dont Damn Me feel to it. My favorite is Serve You Right cool riff and solo, eventhough the structure of the song kinda pissed me off when I first heard it cause I wrote a song called Same Ol Jive with pretty much the same intro minus the kick drum but with a cowbell. 

• Like 1

I thought this last SMKC tour was the best ever. Almost all originals, the new songs were really good live, and the band was the best it's ever been. It felt like the first time that they were standing there on their own with their own material and not depending mainly on Slash's back catalog (although the WOF tour had a lot of original material too). I hope they come back sooner than later but I guess we might have to wait a few years if Myles needs a break. I do think the LTD tour was a bit short and part of me wishes they hadn't done these GnR dates because maybe then the SMKC tour would've been longer.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

It was the first time I ever skipped any Slash tour in my life too. In hindsight I wish I went but I was so underwhelmed with Myles and the record and it looked like they were playing a lot of it. 

Seeing them earlier this year and how slash gets into the material and the showmanship of the band and general commaraderie compared to how slash is onstage with gnr is like night and day. He seems so much into SMKC. I wonder with nitl and slashs gnr committments if they rushed LTD out rather than maybe working on it a little more.

Edited by Sydney Fan
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

Again, I think Myles is eager to work but the tank is running dry. 3 albums in just over 12 months, is crazy! not to mention constant record/tour cycles for how long? I think they hit the nail on the head with WOF, and tried to just duplicate it... unfortunately the worst songs on the extended version of WOF are better or just as good as the best of LTD album.

2 hours ago, Beto 22 said:

I heard a rumour somewhere that Myles will take a break until the next Alter Bridge cycle... He is supposed to have played 300 shows by the end of the year and it took a price to his vocal chords... Maybe Slash will have 2020 to focus on GNR.

See if this does end up being true, I suspect the AB offtime portion of the cycle will be shortened since I doubt he will take a year and a half off from singing completely unless he just does a solo record and a small tour. Personally I'd be fine with another SMKC album and no tour although their show was one of the best ones I've ever seen.

In relation to GNR i doubt they will end the NITL until they release a new album. No point changing it when it can remain branded as a reunion tour. Although I wish it was over so we could get a new album... unless they were to come up to the pacific northwest again

On 2019-11-07 at 6:29 PM, Tom-Ass said:

I skipped, too. Myles from the vids I saw wasn’t even a good version of Myles! And I don’t really love his SMKC singing on his best days. He seemed spent. 

• Like 1

The SMKC show in Montclair, NJ that I went to was good. Slash was awesome.

I think SMKC will be on a long hiatus.  Myles doing 300 shows combined is nuts. That guy deserves a bit of a break. You also have a member of the band dealing with his wife's chemo treatments. I'm sure he's going to want to spend additional time with his wife. You also have the drummer dealing with his retina surgery. SMKC will probably be gone for a few years while Slash is with GNR. 

4 hours ago, The Dissident said:

Personally I'd be fine with another SMKC album and no tour although their show was one of the best ones I've ever seen.

That'll never happen. Slash won't put out a record just to not tour it. Touring is his favorite part 

3 hours ago, Draguns said:

The SMKC show in Montclair, NJ that I went to was good. Slash was awesome.

I think SMKC will be on a long hiatus.  Myles doing 300 shows combined is nuts. That guy deserves a bit of a break. You also have a member of the band dealing with his wife's chemo treatments. I'm sure he's going to want to spend additional time with his wife. You also have the drummer dealing with his retina surgery. SMKC will probably be gone for a few years while Slash is with GNR. 

She's cancer free now, and Fitzy's eye is fine. He's back out playing shows with Toque and Bruce Kulick. Personally I hope they come back sooner than that.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

That'll never happen. Slash won't put out a record just to not tour it. Touring is his favorite part 

She's cancer free now, and Fitzy's eye is fine. He's back out playing shows with Toque and Bruce Kulick. Personally I hope they come back sooner than that.

Well Myles will be touring with AB for the most part of next year and maybe even into 2021. I think he jumped straight into his solo record and then SMKC after the last AB album/tourcycle wrapped up, so I can imagine the guy just wanting like a year off or something...

What I'm trying to say is; I guess Myles will be the one 'delaying' some further progress on the SMKC-front this time around. Which can be a good thing for GnR I guess

Edited by LovelessNL

On 11/8/2019 at 3:43 AM, MaskingApathy said:

I thought this last SMKC tour was the best ever. Almost all originals, the new songs were really good live, and the band was the best it's ever been. It felt like the first time that they were standing there on their own with their own material and not depending mainly on Slash's back catalog (although the WOF tour had a lot of original material too). I hope they come back sooner than later but I guess we might have to wait a few years if Myles needs a break. I do think the LTD tour was a bit short and part of me wishes they hadn't done these GnR dates because maybe then the SMKC tour would've been longer.

Yeah - I bought a ticket actually based on the fact they weren't doing much/any old stuff. Them doing loads of GNR songs has been the reason I haven't bothered going in the past. The crowd were good too - they wanted to hear the new stuff. 

I was really impressed actually - Slash seemed really engaged and into it. I'd obviously take new GNR material over new SMKC stuff in a heartbeat though- that goes without saying I suppose. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LovelessNL said:

Well Myles will be touring with AB for the most part of next year and maybe even into 2021. I think he jumped straight into his solo record and then SMKC after the last AB album/tourcycle wrapped up, so I can imagine the guy just wanting like a year off or something...

What I'm trying to say is; I guess Myles will be the one 'delaying' some further progress on the SMKC-front this time around. Which can be a good thing for GnR I guess

Ok, but that has nothing to do with what I was saying.