GNRs Slash & Duff On New Ozzy Album

1 hour ago, Sydney Fan said:

Im glad ozzy didnt. Sick of zakks playing because all you hear is pinch harmonics. Every note or riff has a pinch harmonic after it. Fuckin annoying.

As much as i respect the randy roads years, jake e lee is the man.

Its the exact opposit for me, Zakk has his own thing at least. Zakk being back on Ozzys band and not being on the album is a total deal breaker to me. 
Its kind of the same as Slash being back in GNR and Axl asking some turd like Bumblefoot to record a possible new GNR album.

Edited by default_
  • Like 3

On 2/14/2020 at 8:42 AM, Sydney Fan said:

Im glad ozzy didnt. Sick of zakks playing because all you hear is pinch harmonics. Every note or riff has a pinch harmonic after it. Fuckin annoying.

As much as i respect the randy roads years, jake e lee is the man.

Yeah he started out as a promising talent in No rest and No More tears up to Pride and Glory, but he just became a one dimensional shredder one trick pony the further he ages.

16 hours ago, moreblack said:

but he just became a one dimensional shredder one trick pony the further he ages.

His fans actually enjoy what he does and maybe thats the reason he does what he do? 
A musician doesnt need to reinvent the wheel at every release, it worked fantastic for Axl, right?

Zakk is more than capable of doing great harmonies and melodies full of feelings, have you checked out 2016s Book of Shadows?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, default_ said:

His fans actually enjoy what he does and maybe thats the reason he does what he do? 
A musician doesnt need to reinvent the wheel at every release, it worked fantastic for Axl, right?

Zakk is more than capable of doing great harmonies and melodies full of feelings, have you checked out 2016s Book of Shadows?

No he burned his bridges with me years ago, I think 1919 Eternal was the last thing I heard. I peek in on new singles every couple of them but never hear anything good.

The kicker was the gig I went to for the Shot To Hell tour, all he did was pound his chest, point to the sky, shred shred shred the same licks over and over, and this happened before every song. I swear he played like 6 songs and the rest was pound his chest, point to the sky, shred shred shred wash rinse repeat. After that, never again.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, moreblack said:

No he burned his bridges with me years ago, I think 1919 Eternal was the last thing I heard. I peek in on new singles every couple of them but never hear anything good.

The kicker was the gig I went to for the Shot To Hell tour, all he did was pound his chest, point to the sky, shred shred shred the same licks over and over, and this happened before every song. I swear he played like 6 songs and the rest was pound his chest, point to the sky, shred shred shred wash rinse repeat. After that, never again.

You should check Book of Shadows II then, you’ll se Zakk still has it, he does what he does cause thats whats his fans enjoy.

Im not a huge BLS fan either but overall I love Zakk.

Had a listen through, and it was better than I expected it to be, but still nowhere close to classic Ozzy. I can’t believe they included that shitty Post Malone song as a final track on the album. Just rubbish. 

That said, I didn’t mind him on that song Its A Raid. 

1 hour ago, moreblack said:

Is it better than Book Of Shadows I?

No.

I love the first one.

The second one is good, but 3/5. Songs aren't as memorable.

My main issue with BLS, who for the record I actually like, is the drumming and production.  Dreadful production on most albums, with very average drumming. 

At least Ozzie knows how to release music. I don't like his new record at all.  I find it just plain stupid when Slash says they have material but don't know how to release it. For fucking sake Slash you played on they new Ozzy record and it was released. You have always figured out how to release you solo shit. What is so different with GNR? I think I know the answer....AXL. I wish he would just say it.

• Like 2

It just demonstrates how stupendously aimless this tour is, that it has forced Slash into repudiating his entire modus operandi in an interview. What does this band do to these bandmembers' brains? They all end up automatons, Stepford Wives. Remember when Pitman in some interview was saying exactly the same thing as Slash, ''nobody releasing albums now so why bother''?

1 hour ago, chandler72 said:

At least Ozzie knows how to release music. I don't like his new record at all.  I find it just plain stupid when Slash says they have material but don't know how to release it. For fucking sake Slash you played on they new Ozzy record and it was released. You have always figured out how to release you solo shit. What is so different with GNR? I think I know the answer....AXL. I wish he would just say it.

different bands, different rules no? can you really compare Tool to Ozzy when it comes to approach for example?  it's not like every band got the same goals/priorities. I'm not trying to defend Axl here. 1 album in 29 years is ridiculous, no matter how you slice it but maybe we can read between the lines and maybe consider Slash probably said it in the context of Gn'R/Axl.

Gn'R fans/Slash fans know perfectly well most musicians including Slash release albums on a regular basis I just think he meant how will Gn'R do it so it is a success. (whatever the definition of success is to Axl)

Edited by Rovim

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

Remember when Pitman in some interview was saying exactly the same thing as Slash, ''nobody releasing albums now so why bother''?

Pitman did say that, but it's not what Slash said. On the contrary, he said he wants to do it, think they will do it, but described the challenge of releasing an album with Gn'R. Perhaps a sort of explanation as to why they didn't release one yet.

1 minute ago, Rovim said:

Pitman did say that, but it's not what Slash said. On the contrary, he said he wants to do it, think they will do it, but described the challenge of releasing an album with Gn'R. Perhaps a sort of explanation as to why they didn't release one yet.

You must have missed the interview then. 

15 minutes ago, Rovim said:

different bands, different rules no? can you really compare Tool to Ozzy when it comes to approach for example?  it's not like every band got the same goals/priorities. I'm not trying to defend Axl here. 1 album in 29 years is ridiculous, no matter how you slice it but maybe we can read between the lines and maybe consider Slash probably said it in the context of Gn'R/Axl.

Gn'R fans/Slash fans know perfectly well most musicians including Slash release albums on a regular basis I just think he meant how will Gn'R do it so it is a success. (whatever the definition of success is to Axl)

different bands have nothing to do with it.  The rules for releasing music apply to ALL, and ALL can figure it out except for our favorite band.  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, fabrph5 said:

different bands have nothing to do with it.  The rules for releasing music apply to ALL, and ALL can figure it out except for our favorite band.  

every successful band got it's own method to achieve it's goals. Every musician is a completely different person. Axl is quite unusual when it comes to how he operates as a musician and since he is in a position of power as the band's leader, it affects how/why/when Gn'R albums are released imo.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Yes. Somebody else will have to supply you with the quote as I cannot find the interview. 

no, I don't think he did but maybe I'm wrong. If it's this interview, he didn't say anything remotely close to what Pitman said.

https://guitar.com/features/interviews/namm-2020-slash-gibson-collection-his-new-gibson-collection-new-guns-n-roses-album/