The Marshall Podcast featuring Slash

37 minutes ago, Ant said:

That would be the best. Send him off with some Elk meat. 

I mean does Axl have anything better to do on a Tuesday afternoon in LA than to go have a conversation with another human being that millions of people can listen to later. 
ideally he’d be promoting something but with the stories and career of Axl it would be a great conversation. 
Slash interviews just don’t have much substance anymore 

Edited by IncitingChaos

55 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

I mean does Axl have anything better to do on a Tuesday afternoon in LA than to go have a conversation with another human being that millions of people can listen to later. 
ideally he’d be promoting something but with the stories and career of Axl it would be a great conversation. 

It’d be awesome. Axl is so shy, though, (and Slash... why the fuck is GNR all shy guys now? What is this Super Mario Bros? boom!).

I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s a fan, though. Billy Corgan, Rob Zombie... lots of musicians say they listen all the time. The Steven Tyler one was great.

You’re right about Slash... this interviewer was okay but no real revelations aside from the chips. That’s why I liked his appearance on Chris Hardwick’s podcast (even though I don’t listen to it otherwise) because they geeked out about dinosaurs and all this random shit. 

Edited by Ant
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ant said:

It’d be awesome. Axl is so shy, though, (and Slash... why the fuck is GNR all shy guys now? What is this Super Mario Bros? boom!).

I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s a fan, though. Billy Corgan, Rob Zombie... lots of musicians say they listen all the time. The Steven Tyler one was great.

You’re right about Slash... this interviewer was okay but no real revelations aside from the chips. That’s why I liked his appearance on Chris Hardwick’s podcast (even though I don’t listen to it otherwise) because they geeked out about dinosaurs and all this random shit. 

The issue is they really aren’t promoting anything that people are buying. When Slash releases something he has to go around doing interviews about GNR and his dark past. Axl doesn’t do anything because he knows he hasn’t released anything relevant so instead of talking about himself he just sits at home. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GoForJMark said:

"I should be home working on the record with guns for a few months" Few years ago this was an impossible thing to hear from slash, but too bad it might take forever to actually hear a new song from them :shrugs:

I mean if he's saying that then there's a good chance that that's what's going to happen.

1 hour ago, MaskingApathy said:

I mean if he's saying that then there's a good chance that that's what's going to happen.

For sure... but Axl never had a dearth of instrumentals, nor was Slash ever not constantly spitting out riffs and ideas like an uncapped oil well.

But we'll see!

Edited by Ant

1 hour ago, MaskingApathy said:

48 minutes ago, Ant said:

For sure... but Axl never had a dearth of instrumentals, nor was Slash ever not constantly spitting out riffs and ideas like an uncapped oil well.

But we'll see!

Yeap, we'll see. I hope Axl doesn't treat the process like CD and take 10 years re-recording it over and over.

On 11/10/2019 at 5:00 PM, IncitingChaos said:

Axl on Joe Rogan would either be epic or a total disappointment.  

dissapontment:  Joe: so what do you do these days?

Axl:  eat alot and play with cats.  I also fuck with people on YouTube.  other than that been learning long division, which is a bitch and I'll be writing a a whole album about.

Epic:

Joe:  you ever try DMT?

Axl. of course!  after Yoda died I needed to find a new portal into the spiritual realm. I then started making my own DMT from the pinial glands of musicians you have never heard of.  in fact, Paul Huges gland told me it was time for a reunion.  Chris Pitmans gland reminded me to change my bath towels. so I'd say their lives were given for the greater good for humanity, wouldn't you agree?

in fact I got Obama coming over next week with some Brazilian politicians and we are going to try some of my Jeff Isabell blend.   you want to come over?

Joe:  sure I'll be there.  so you seem so calm these days.   you smoking alot of weed?

Axl:  yes, which is why I'm always out of breath.  but the best way to get all if your aggression out is to punch a fucking Elk.  you ever do that Joe?

Joe:  um no, but I'd like to send you home with some Elk meat.  to eat not punch.

Axl:  wait, you can eat it?  Beta, ask your connection at Taco Bell to make us a GNR elk taco

Beta:  that's a grubhub driver, Mr. Axl.  I dont actually know anyone.

Edited by Chester 524
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Ant said:

Axl doesn’t strike me as a stoner. I feel like the whole NITL crew could use some weed... loosen up the whole enterprise.

have you read Slashs book?  says Axl is a big pothead.  heard that from somewhere else too, cant remember where off the top of my head

8 minutes ago, Chester 524 said:

have you read Slashs book?  says Axl is a big pothead.  heard that from somewhere else too, cant remember where off the top of my head

Oh yeah? I did read it... like 13 years ago now (holy shit!). Guess I forgot :) . 

It’s interesting Slash says he begins writing songs with his drummer. I wonder how that bodes for GNR with Frank.

Edited by Ant
  • Sad 3

4 hours ago, Chester 524 said:

Reminds me of that Axl pic in the studio, during the Illusion sessions, where there's a bunch of bud sitting on a table.  I think a bong was in the pic too but I'm not certain. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, lame ass security said:

Reminds me of that Axl pic in the studio, during the Illusion sessions, where there's a bunch of bud sitting on a table.  I think a bong was in the pic too but I'm not certain. 

You are right, i'm remember it pic too.

7 hours ago, lame ass security said:

Awesome, lol.  He actually took a toke?

https://giphy.com/gifs/KdAvJUY83vGC9NI7M5

Tried to embed it ...didn't work out unfortunately.

It was really a joint according to the people who were there and apparently Duff looked really surprised. :lol:

It was filmed in Vancouver during the 2017 tour by the way.

Edited by The Garden of Guns N Roses
  • Like 1
  • GNFNR 1
  • Haha 1