Motley Crue, Def Leppard, and Poison 2020 Stadium Tour

The Holographic Universe

11 hours ago, Stiff Competition said:

I love seeing Motley live even with their shortcomings (vince basically). It's such a fun show still but this will be so overpriced having all three on the bill and yeah like everyone else said, stadiums are wayyy to ambitious.

Overpriced tickets + overambitious venues = easy to get in. I expect you’ll be able to get a floor ticket for under $100 day of these shows on stubhub. And that’ll be my plan. Never seen Crue or Poison live, and I would gladly see Def Leppard again. For the right price, this’ll be a fun show. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Nicklord said:

It's a contract about how they won't play again unless it's a full reunion. It really was only about not letting one of them go and tour like NuMotleyCrue if someone dies or something 

I would much rather see Nikki, Mick, Tommy, and Corabi at this point. Vince is the shits. 

Or go the AC/DC route. Axl singing for motley would make me laugh at least. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Not even remotely. This is coming from a pretty big Crue fan. The Dr Feelgood tour was actually the first concert I ever went to. I've seen them at least 5 times. All that aside, I can tell you there's absolutely no way Crue can full stadiums without heavily discounted tickets. 

If the dates and venues are yet to be announced, I’d suggest that it’s only an arena tour and someone worded it incorrectly. I doubt any promoter would book them a stadium gig if they knew it wouldn’t come close to selling out.

• Like 1

Saw Motely on the warm-up gig on the Saints of Los Angeles tour, it was cool but I don't really feel the need to hear Vince sing half the words and croak the half he does sing, not to mention my self-promise of never by choice paying money to see Poison under any circumstance ever :lol:

Well, if they come to Europe (they seem to pretty much hate us, and my country especially since their last show here was in 1984) I'll probably go see them, they were/are on my bucket list. Even though this is one of those concert where you know you'll be watching an overpriced underperformance, but oh well...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, megaguns1982 said:

If the dates and venues are yet to be announced, I’d suggest that it’s only an arena tour and someone worded it incorrectly. I doubt any promoter would book them a stadium gig if they knew it wouldn’t come close to selling out.

Ah, OK. Well those bands could do arenas and sheds all day long for sure. 

8 hours ago, megaguns1982 said:

They probably saw the success GNR had with the stadium tour and thought they could do the same, I don’t know much about MC other than maybe 3 songs, are they that popular that they could sell out a stadium?

No way. GNR is selling stadiums around the globe, that's pretty special and in the genre we're in there's maybe 3-5 bands who can do that on a global scale. Motley has pretty muched ignored Europe and Asia for the last 10-15 years with a few scarce shows here and there. Don't think there'll be much interest for them here, they might fill a small arena (5k - 7k) but definitely not the 12 - 15k venues or even stadiums. 

I was looking at their previous tours to check when they were last here, but damn... they've toured the shit out of the US, they've been everywhere in the 00's and 10's, so there's nothing 'special' there as well. It's the same guys, probably even worse then last time around, playing the same songs (well, a few new ones from the soundtrack) and all of a sudden they'll filling stadiums? Nah... this will be more like the Smashing Pumpkins 'reunion' tour.

21 hours ago, The Holographic Universe said:

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/motley-crue-def-leppard-poison-set-2020-stadium-tour-913823/

I don’t what promoter thought this was a good idea, but there’s no way these 3 acts could fill half a stadium. 

Def leppard and journey did it a few years ago. Im not interested in this tour, but I can see it

2 hours ago, axlslash said:

Looks like it’s official, and Motley are the headliners. Bad move. They’re gonna be the worst sounding band on the bill. This is gonna be a fucking train wreck. 

https://www.facebook.com/events/2845560172129824/?ti=icl

You know this is fake, right? Look at the 'promotors' page...

Then again I wouldnt have expected any other band to headline. I mean, how stupid would it be to do a reunion tour and have someone else headline it. I agree they need some strong bands on the bill because they'll never fill a stadium with just some unknown support act. 

Curious to see how this is going to play out, but hasn't Def Leppard been all over the US in recent years as well? Can't really see these three selling 60k+ tickets at a high price in different markets.

Edited by LovelessNL

17 hours ago, Nicklord said:

It's a contract about how they won't play again unless it's a full reunion. It really was only about not letting one of them go and tour like NuMotleyCrue if someone dies or something 

Not exactly.

"Legally, we can't play again. The only loophole is if all four band members agreed to do it, we could override our own contract. But we know that will never happen.

I don't like stadium concerts.

The new AT&T cowboy stadium here is overpriced. All the merch is way high and don't get me started on the food prices. It's crazy.

Parking is anywhere from $100 and up. I mean come on.

I would like to see this concert, but have to see my budget and when it'll be. The only good thing about this stadium is it's got a roof now for summer shows. 

I bet these tickets will be close to $200 and over. I paid $250 for GNR and close to $150 for Metallica and about $200 for Post Malone.

None of these bands need the money, but they will charge high ticket prices because they can get it.

2 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

As much as we joke about Axl’s vocals on this forum, at least he’s on key and sings in English. I actually liked The Dirt, but you could not pay me to see Motley Crue with Vince in his current condition. Should’ve just ended in 2015.

The story is/was that Vince has to clean up his act and loose some weight, and Tommy has to get sober as well. So it might improve a bit.

On 11/19/2019 at 12:05 AM, axlslash said:

I would much rather see Nikki, Mick, Tommy, and Corabi at this point.

I think the self titled album with Corabi is easily their best. I saw him perform the entire album with his solo band which was awesome. I would LOVE it if they just toured with him instead of Vince. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, RussTCB said:

I think the self titled album with Corabi is easily their best. I saw him perform the entire album with his solo band which was awesome. I would LOVE it if they just toured with him instead of Vince. 

MC 1994 is a really good album.  But they should have changed the band name.  More people probably would have accepted it that way.

That said, MC 1994 is not better than Shout at the Devil, Too Fast for Love, or Dr. Feelgood.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

As much as we joke about Axl’s vocals on this forum, at least he’s on key and sings in English. I actually liked The Dirt, but you could not pay me to see Motley Crue with Vince in his current condition. Should’ve just ended in 2015.

Vince and JBJ need to both hang it up. Seeing the crue on the carnival  of sins tour in 05 was good the setlist was great. Then again the crue hadnt toured australia since 89. Vince was in ok shape kinda slim but not niw with a pillow under his singlet. I agree the crue should have ended it in 2015.

I wish mick would make this blues rock record hes been doing a priority.

I know we have a go at axls live singing but hes not at vince/JBJ level yet!.

Edited by Sydney Fan

7 hours ago, LovelessNL said:

The story is/was that Vince has to clean up his act and loose some weight, and Tommy has to get sober as well. So it might improve a bit.

I did read somewhere that vince is to lose 40lbs. Despite how much booze tommy may do its never effected his playing. I think him and mick keep the band together.

A few things

- Crue is known for having a block of $15-20 tickets to be inclusive of their working class audience, I wonder if that will continue?

- They say they are coming back because the biopic. Did they doubt it would be successful? Are they just bad business people who couldnt foresee this renewed demand?

- Def Leppard has played headlining shows where I live twice in the last 5 years. Once in a 24 000 and another in an 18 650 capacity venue. So I guess they do well here at least. 

On 11/19/2019 at 4:40 AM, LovelessNL said:

No way. GNR is selling stadiums around the globe, that's pretty special and in the genre we're in there's maybe 3-5 bands who can do that on a global scale. Motley has pretty muched ignored Europe and Asia for the last 10-15 years with a few scarce shows here and there. Don't think there'll be much interest for them here, they might fill a small arena (5k - 7k) but definitely not the 12 - 15k venues or even stadiums. 

I was looking at their previous tours to check when they were last here, but damn... they've toured the shit out of the US, they've been everywhere in the 00's and 10's, so there's nothing 'special' there as well. It's the same guys, probably even worse then last time around, playing the same songs (well, a few new ones from the soundtrack) and all of a sudden they'll filling stadiums? Nah... this will be more like the Smashing Pumpkins 'reunion' tour.

You said 3-5 bands who could sell stadiums globally. I’m curious what bands you are referring to?