Guns N' Roses Wrap 'Not in This Lifetime… Tour': $584 Million; 5.4 Million Tickets *3rd Highest Grossing Of All Time*

I will say, all these rumours and indirect confirmation about it being the true end of NITL has me excited about 2020 for Guns. It could still be another tour or shows with just the same set called something else, but I want to be hopeful it means time for something new.

Edited by AxlRoseCDII
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Yet only three shows in the United Kingdom, all of them in the southern part of the country (none in Northern England or Scotland).

I hope they don't turn in to Aerosmith who haven't played North of Donington since 1997!

Guns have sold more albums in the UK than any other European country. 3 gigs is piss poor 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, soon said:

Those figures are staggering! I dont know how boxscores work, so maybe a silly question but, does it include merch and any possible cuts of food/drink in addition to tickets and VIP experiences?

It's odd how Tallinn is one of the 5 shows that broke $10m. It was a big crowd but cheaper tickets. Around £90-95 for Gold Circle compared to £150 in England and a lot of other cities in Europe were €150.

18 hours ago, UsedYourIllusion said:

What’s crazy to me is the size and breadth of this tour—and yet it’s still 36 shows short of the UYI tour. Also crazy, is that the UYI tour apparently didn’t churn out a profit until I think a year into it IIRC, I think that’s from Duffs book. I wonder if any other artist has done a tour like this—this huge in size—and it wasn’t in support of an album?

All the stats from this tour are kind of silly and don't mean anything. The tour was stretched out for almost 4 years.. Most bands could have had 2 or 3 tours in that time. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Gavin82 said:

Maybe so everyone has different tastes but 110 shows & over £700 mill is going too take some beating

U2 does this crazy thing where they release new music, stay relevant and keep people interested. 

Between that and having a production that makes GNRs production look like child's play, it would be pretty hard for GNR hit their numbers. 

• Like 3

21 hours ago, WildStar said:

It's odd how Tallinn is one of the 5 shows that broke $10m. It was a big crowd but cheaper tickets. Around £90-95 for Gold Circle compared to £150 in England and a lot of other cities in Europe were €150.

Paris GC was also 1 of the cheaper GCs @ The SDF around 100€ i think then DL UK was just a fucking great day some insane fit girls there my eyes were every where...!!!! Lols

Hight light of the day getting out of that car park in under 5 mins flat..!!

8 hours ago, Italian girl said:

Strong  rumours for GNR to play at Firenze rocks next June..

Ooooooo when roughly do they announce acts for this festival

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Gavin82 said:

Paris GC was also 1 of the cheaper GCs @ The SDF around 100€ i think then DL UK was just a fucking great day some insane fit girls there my eyes were every where...!!!! Lols

Ooooooo when roughly do they announce acts for this festival

5 minutes to get out of Donington car park? Were you in a Monster Truck? The crowd were pretty insane. We sang our arse off. 

Yes France always has cheaper tickets. They don't take shit from promoters and Ticketmaster 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, UcudBmine said:

U2 is shit, sorry.

I'm now realising that I can't call other artists or bands shit, being a GN'R fan in 2019.

Bono is a real fucking blowhard and definitely acts like a wanker, but they have made some great music albeit amongst a lot of filler. However they actually release albums....

11 hours ago, RussTCB said:

U2 does this crazy thing where they release new music, stay relevant and keep people interested. 

Between that and having a production that makes GNRs production look like child's play, it would be pretty hard for GNR hit their numbers. 

I agree that GNRs production is well below a band of thier stature. Maybe the band just believes the music speaks for itself. However, the low production of the tour probably nets the band a higher profit. U2 must pay a lot to run those shows.

2 hours ago, UncleJosh said:

So if the whole tour grossed 584 million, what do you think each member netted total?

Probably 20-30 million a piece with Axl making a tad more. That’s why the tour has gone so long, so that band members can make some actual cash. 

Edited by The Holographic Universe

29 minutes ago, The Holographic Universe said:

I agree that GNRs production is well below a band of thier stature. Maybe the band just believes the music speaks for itself. However, the low production of the tour probably nets the band a higher profit. U2 must pay a lot to run those shows.

Probably 20-30 million a piece with Axl making a tad more. That’s why the tour has gone so long, so that band members can make some actual cash. 

I remember checking Axl's net worth prior to the NITL tour and it was 150 million and now it's at 200 million.  I know the accuracy could be dubious but 50 million seems plausible for Axl.

9 minutes ago, lame ass security said:

I remember checking Axl's net worth prior to the NITL tour and it was 150 million and now it's at 200 million.  I know the accuracy could be dubious but 50 million seems plausible for Axl.

Yeah, those net worth configurations are almost totally false. I recall Axl being estimated to be worth 150 million on one of those sites in 2008. Axl was probably close to being unable to maintain his lifestyle before NITL. He sold his rights to his songs for like 19 million at one point. 50 million from this tour would Be tops for Axl. These tours have huge overhead costs. 

6 minutes ago, The Holographic Universe said:

Yeah, those net worth configurations are almost totally false. I recall Axl being estimated to be worth 150 million on one of those sites in 2008. Axl was probably close to being unable to maintain his lifestyle before NITL. He sold his rights to his songs for like 19 million at one point. 50 million from this tour would Be tops for Axl. These tours have huge overhead costs. 

Yeah, I agree but it's fun to look at those net worth figures.  Man I must've been in a blackout or something, when did Axl sell the rights to his songs?

12 hours ago, WildStar said:

5 minutes to get out of Donington car park? Were you in a Monster Truck? The crowd were pretty insane. We sang our arse off. 

Yes France always has cheaper tickets. They don't take shit from promoters and Ticketmaster 

I was parked right by the exit gate & i mean right by it!!! we couldnt believe it 

13 hours ago, Gavin82 said:

Was a perfect concert. Best of my life !!

• Like 1