Solutions

8 minutes ago, action said:

I would seriously object to linking your paypal adress or credit card to any site, less a site being hosted in russia or china lol. It's hugely risky, unsafe and irresponsible. 

These people know their way around the internet and god knows what tricks they have up their sleeves. Don't come complaining if your paypal acount should become hacked by these scumbags.

If that should ever become a requirement, I'm out.

That was an alternative. The 3rd party provider could be US based if that makes you feel safer. 

7 minutes ago, Ratbrain said:

Didn't the Chinese govt ban Chinese Democracy in China?

Please read my post, apologies if it comes across wrongly. My suggestion is the alternative to having a secure payment provider would be to move hosting to a country that doesn't recognise or care about US copyright laws, ie Russia or China. 

Edited by aliexpress

I can say i would never link a PayPal here just so i can get a janky periscope stream to hear them butcher same tired setlist :lol: Sorry but thats really asking too much. A private section could work but it would have to be strictly for content. If discussion is allowed then everyone would congregate there and that would kill the main forum. Any solution is going to be inconvenient sad to say. Shame it has come to this.

• Like 2

My 2 cents...

Treat the people doing this like the miserable, sad bullies they are.

Ignore them. Starve them of the attention  and the reactions that they seem to be getting their jollies from. 

This is the advice I have always given my kids, and for the most part, it works. 

Hopefully they will crawl away to their little holes and find something else to focus their petty little minds on.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, RussTCB said:

And that's the point, right? To sift out the bad people? The difference between downzy and I  is that he's far more polite about everything than I am. Here's my stance: I could give a remote shit about all the bitching that's been going on in this thread.

This whole "but that doesn't work for me" thing doesn't matter to me even one bit. This forum and the hard work many of us have put into it is under attack. The people who stop in every so often but don't ever feel the need to contribute are not what's under attack. 

If you love the community so much, then be part of it for fucks sake. Don't try to guilt me, downzy or anyone else because we have a very real issue to deal with and you can't be bothered to literally lift a finger to help. 

What help do you need? Genuinely. 

I've got very little money, but I do have time, so happy to help. 

54 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

What help do you need? Genuinely. 

I've got very little money, but I do have time, so happy to help. 

My bad.... I didn't mean monitary help. I was referring to all the complaining from the people saying they can't be bothered to post regularly. I was referring to the fact that they could just post more and actually be part of the community instead of whining about the possibility of a private section. 

• Like 2

Ah, I just saw the post about DCMA that spawned this discussion. What in the actual fuck?

It's crazy that the fan base wants to be more of a community than the band does. As I said earlier, I've been a part of Mygnrforum since it was a message thread board. I saw first hand it was the die hards who kept the band alive during the dark years. Clambering for bootlegs, demos or news of any kind. When the HoB show leaked with new songs, the base lost its shit. I've seen Axl come here and personally attack forum members and mods. Any goodwill between Axl and the hardcores is long gone. He pissed on that years ago. I'm all for bringing up the firewall and closing the forum off to venom. Add a post/term minimum for a member's only section and keep a general area for the public, if even needed.  But seriously, fuck this band and everything they stand for.  Get in the ring, my ass.  Gn'R have already laid down and pretended to be knocked out.  Utterly pathetic.

Edited by fantomas
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, uncivil war said:

My 2 cents...

Treat the people doing this like the miserable, sad bullies they are.

Ignore them. Starve them of the attention  and the reactions that they seem to be getting their jollies from. 

This is the advice I have always given my kids, and for the most part, it works. 

Hopefully they will crawl away to their little holes and find something else to focus their petty little minds on.

this.

we're giving too much attention to those miserables

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

My bad.... I didn't mean monitary help. I was referring to all the complaining from the people saying they can't be bothered to post regularly. I was referring to the fact that they could just post more and actually be part of the community instead of whining about the possibility of a private section. 

Got you. My point stands though - if you need help, I have time, so feel free to give me a shout. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've used some services that require a vouch from a friend. The friend who already has access can get an invitation code on the platform to give to the new person. I think all the involved programs are available in open source. Just thought Id raise this incase that type of system might be useful in the advent of a private area.

It seems convenient for mods, since once a member is given the ability to give invites, all these invites can be done without any human work by a mod - the software creates a unique code. This allows for there to be receipts of both parties incase someone repeatedly invites undesirables. Mods - who are always able to monitor and block, etc - can tell its no mistake. 

Edited by soon

35 minutes ago, Italian girl said:

no, but if we keep talking about them in any thread, they'll feel more and more pompous and smug

I totally get where you're coming from. We had a long standing policy for years about not mentioning these assholes.

It worked out great. Pretty much any time they pulled some attention seeking stunt, we were able to just ignore them and move on. It was downzys idea and actually a bit of a culture shock for me if I'm being honest. The sites previous owner not only encouraged us to engage them, but actually instigated a lot of what went on. 

So when downzy put the new policy of ignoring them in place, it was hard for me to get used to but ultimately it was absolutely the right thing to do. We went through years of peace and quiet due to that policy. 

Unfortunately, they've finally found a way to cause enough trouble for this site to where we just can't ignore them anymore. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

On the front page it says:

Total Topics
Total Posts

That's 2 million times fans have come together to share their interests and opinions. 2 million times the love of the band has brought the fanbase together.  2 million times a fan has wanted their voice heard.  2 million times the fans have tried to keep the community alive.  2 million times fans have tried to keep the legacy of the "most dangerous band in the world" going.  

The band and TB really have no idea, do they?  Axl sounds like shit at most shows these days, there's still no new music, and they are beating down the diehards on an almost daily basis on an unprecedented front. Once the casuals have bored of seeing the same tour go round and around again, what do you have left once you remove the core fans?  Nothing. 
  • Like 2

Here’s my overall thoughts. I don’t think having a post threshold is the best idea, as other have stated it’ll lead to spam to reach it, certain accounts will share with each other, and it’ll lead to a decrease in quality on the forum.

I really like the idea of someone hosting a server somewhere else for uploads. Dailymotion is a good one. Hell, something even like pr0nhub (don’t know if it’s censored) would be smart as well. There’s plenty of us who would volunteer.

Ultimately this band is creatively dead. 2020 is most likely going to be more of the same, no new album in site. Either way this is a huge detriment to the fanbase, as decades of videos that should be public will cease to be shared and therefore discussed. At least it happened when the band has nothing going on and not around the reunion. I wouldn’t even mind if we moved My World and Anything Goes to the front. Like others have stated the community is ultimately why many of us are here.

Personally I wouldn't be too bothered if I missed a few live vids. My numbers are piss poor so I wouldn't make the exclusive club. 

But what you really need to do is starve the prick of attention. He'll be reading this thread whilest masturbating and high fiving his dogs. He might even have his wig on or that ridiculous cowboy hat (I see you Sebastian 😉) 

Everyone on Nightrain ignores his threads and most regulars have blocked him. All he has is Emu to gush over his 'art' 

@RussTCB @downzy you could take threads like this to PM with some regulars and get some sort of private section for video content only. 

• Like 1