MYGNRFORUM YouTube Policy

• downzy pinned this topic
38 minutes ago, Flake said:

"I'll repeat: the main priority with GNR these days is to make money.  It's become my impression that concerns about the fans or music in general are a distant priority, if even at priority at all."

so you think there'll be no new music?

I use to be optimistic about new music.  Now I'm not so sure.  Who really knows at this point.  Management has assured me for years that it was coming.  But enough time goes by and I start to think that truly no one, not even Axl himself, has any idea whether the stars will align to allow fans hearing new music.  And to be honest, I'm caring less and less with every year that goes by and another leg of the reunion tour gets added.  I always believed Chinese Democracy was going to come out because the financial obligation was so huge that something would have to be released.  But with the amount of money GNR has been making the last few years, there's no financial incentive for them to release anything.  

It dawned on me today that Chinese Democracy was released more than 11 years ago.  That's more than half the amount of time between The Spaghetti Incident and Chinese Democracy, which felt like an eternity for this GNR fan.  We have now had more time between Chinese Democracy's release and today than we did between Live Era and Chinese Democracy.

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1
  • Sad 5

3 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Couldn't agree more. I was totally stubbed by that. 

I am too. I really try to give TB the benefit of the doubt, I really do. But when they go out of their way to let the fans know that their spirited discussion of their favorite band is not welcome...I mean what really can you say? 

Don’t know if this was ever confirmed, or even if it can be. But did we ever find out if Axl knew about the leaks? 

11 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Couldn't agree more. I was totally stubbed by that. 

Actually did they talk about the use of likeness in the banner too? Maybe it is coming down to them having their own forum, that they 100% control. I know that this isn't the wild west that it used to be. The band needs to control their image and material. With every unauthorized distribution of unheard material, it harms the band. That was one of the major issues with Chinese Democracy.

To continue as a band, new material will need to be officially released. Even Motely Crue had to release a song or two to continue their touring. The release of Shadow Of Your Love did this briefly (even though it was old song).

Edited by Billly B

I mean it is what it is.

But rolling MyGNRForum into Downzy, LLC. would prevent your person from being the sole subject of litigation, i.e.: Gn’R could mount a legal case (lol) and sue for damages but only the corporate entity not your own personal assets.

I would absolute love to see their case outside of C&D fearmongering. 

GNR is an embarrassment.

12 minutes ago, Billly B said:

Actually did they talk about the use of likeness in the banner too? Maybe it is coming down to them having there own forum, that they 100% control. I know that this isn't the wild west that it used to be. The band needs to control their image and material. With every unauthorized distribution of unheard material, it harms the band. That was one of the major issues with Chinese Democracy.

To continue as a band, new material will need to be officially released. Even Motely Crue had to release a song or two to continue their touring. The release of Shadow Of Your Love did this briefly (even though it was old song).

I guess I don't understand the banner question? 

And they do have their own forum, it's just that no one cares to pay to post there. Many fans tried at first, but with all things GNR, they never provided enough value, so everyone decided to stop letting GNR rip them off. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I guess I don't understand the banner question? 

And they do have their own forum, it's just that no one cares to pay to post there. Many fans tried at first, but with all things GNR, they never provided enough value, so everyone decided to stop letting GNR rip them off. 

That forum is practically ran by the circus freaks. They openly harass, doxx, and create and spread racist and hate speech. Fernando lets it run rampant and they are unbannable. Its pitiful

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Wagszilla said:

I mean it is what it is.

But rolling MyGNRForum into Downzy, LLC. would prevent your person from being the sole subject of litigation, i.e.: Gn’R could mount a legal case (lol) and sue for damages but only the corporate entity not your own personal assets.

I would absolute love to see their case outside of C&D fearmongering. 

GNR is an embarrassment.

Yeah, I've thought of this, but it's not a cheap proposition.  Moreover, I don't see it necessary since we do not violate any laws or subject ourselves to any civil litigation as we currently operate.  We have zero tolerance policies with respect to distribution of copyright materials and do our very best to enforce them.  Anyone familiar with our reputation outside of this forum can reiterate how we're known for being very strict with respect to policy violations.  

• Like 3

Is it only unlicensed GNR content that we're not allowed to post links to?

Like I linked to a clip of a Jackie Chan movie in the other thread when we were trying to figure out where "Hard School" originated - do you care about that?

What about other bands? Live Velvet Revolver videos? Live Slash feat. Myles Kennedy videos? Live ABBA videos?

Edited by downzy

3 minutes ago, TheSeeker said:

Is it only unlicensed GNR content that we're not allowed to post links to?

Like I linked to a clip of a Jackie Chan movie in the other thread when we were trying to figure out where "Hard School" originated - do you care about that?

What about other bands? Live Velvet Revolver videos? Live Slash feat. Myles Kennedy videos? Live ABBA videos?

Whether it's GNR related or not, we can no longer allow links to content that wasn't provided by the rights holder.  

Just now, Powderfinger said:

And how the fuck Is it illegal to discuss something that happened.

It's not.  Such sentiments were from someone who clearly fails to understand the very basics of how liable and freedom of expression works.  

• Like 1