MYGNRFORUM YouTube Policy

5 hours ago, themadcaplaughs said:

Pittman suing Axl always astounded me. That, in and of itself, should show the lack of professionalism in managing this band. The lead singer and band leader of a multi-platinum, world famous band had to resort to borrowing money from one of his band mates who was not even an equity partner in the business, but a hired hand. Then, he did not even begin to pay it in the four or so years it took before Pittman filed the suit. 

There have been other rumblings about how hard it was to get paid in GN'R during the "Nu" years. That woman who wrote the book about getting plowed by Dizzy and then aborting his child said Dizzy constantly complained about not getting paid, and Del James had to talk Dizzy off the ledge from quitting every other night. At some of the 2014 Vegas shows, MSL talked to some of the band members and said one of them (he didn't specify, but suggested it was Richard) said getting paid in that band was like pulling teeth.

my guess is DJ would be the guy that got paid as priority then the rest of the nu guys to keep the boat afloat. 

also, my guess frank is or was getting paid like $500/SHOW 

Just now, axlvai said:

We need the hero. We need tha same hero who set free "The Riot Show" on 2002 i think it was.... The guy who leaked "Saskatoon 93"... Where are you???

im sure glad i saw the entirety of that show - i would indeed like to see it again to me its the best GNR show thats come out of the blue - from what i remember nice boys was incredible 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

im sure glad i saw the entirety of that show - i would indeed like to see it again to me its the best GNR show thats come out of the blue - from what i remember nice boys was incredible 

Well... you need a hero.

I’m aware of the current frustration over TB etc., but I wouldn’t be that harsh to Axl regarding this Budweiser commercial. He loves Czech beer, told us so on the stage in Prague after all, and Budweiser is a derivative of a Czech original, albeit a heavily inferior one. Even though this is from what, 2012? 2013?, I don’t think he was that desperate financially to have had to do this. Or from the other side – wouldn’t he have done way more commercials than just this one?

His management sucks, but give the man at least the benefit of the doubt, could we?

Edited by jamillos

4 minutes ago, jamillos said:

I’m aware of the current frustration over TB etc., but I wouldn’t be that harsh to Axl regarding this Budweiser commercial. He loves Czech beer, told us so on the stage in Prague after all, and Budweiser is a derivative of a Czech original, albeit a heavily inferior one. Even though this is from what, 2012? 2013?, I don’t think he was that desperate financially to have had to do this. Or from the other side – wouldn’t he have done way more commercials than just this one?

His management sucks, but give the man at least the benefit of the doubt, could we?

Axl was allegedly skimping out on payments to Pitman at that time. He may not have been in a great financial place.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

Axl was allegedly skimping out on payments to Pitman at that time. He may not have been in a great financial place.

Doesn’t match chronologically, I’ve looked it up. It was 125 thousand, supposed to have been settled by fall 2012. The ad is from 2014. (They later settled it, perhaps in 2016, and Chris allegedly got less than what he’d asked for.) Doesn’t make much sense to me.

The overwhleming negative vibe regarding this band is astonishing. I don't think there is any other high profile band that has so many hardcore fans turning their backs to it and just walking away. Disillusioned by this whole charade. I can't believe this is the reality of a band that once took pride in being someting different, something meaningful. 

"Our music comes first!" - Axl Rose, 1988. :no: Shame on you Guns N' Roses!

And the audacity to make fun of Iron Maiden and Kiss. Putting the music aside I'd take their modus operandi any day of the week and twice on Sunday over this hypocritical nostalgia band that pretends to be "mysterious" but in reality just doesn't want to do anything that is not profitable. 

So many hardcore fans have already given up. This will eventually become the exodus of GN'R fanbase. But that's fine right? Go charge 150$ to random folks coming to a show to hear Sweet Child. Which by the way sounds terrible every fucking time! Sell them some trucks and towels while you're at it. Lame as fuck.

Axl, where did you go man? :cry:

Edited by Sisyphus
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, Sisyphus said:

The overwhleming negative vibe regarding this band is astonishing. I don't think there is any other high profile band that has so many hardcore fans turning their backs to it and just walking away. Disillusioned by this whole charade. I can't believe this is the reality of a band that once took pride in being someting different, something meaningful. 

"Our music comes first!" - Axl Rose, 1988. :no: Shame on you Guns N' Roses!

And the audacity to make fun of Iron Maiden and Kiss. Putting the music aside I'd take their modus operandi any day of the week and twice on Sunday over this hypocritical nostalgia band that pretends to be "mysterious" but in reality just doesn't want to do anything that is not profitable. 

So many hardcore fans have already given up. This will eventually become the exodus of GN'R fanbase. But that's fine right? Go charge 150$ to random folks coming to a show to hear Sweet Child. Which by the way sounds terrible every fucking time! Sell them some trucks and towels while you're at it. Lame as fuck.

Axl, where did you go man? :cry:

I wonder if Axl has even one single person close to him in his life that would/ could talk to him this way without being banned/fired/removed from his life, either by himself or the leeches.

On 12/4/2019 at 11:55 AM, RussTCB said:

I so overjoyed that this gif exists. I love that it's the ultimate reply to the tired "Axl doesn't do things for money" arguemt. 

I don't know, I kind of disagree with the masses in this regard. It seems a bit counter intuitive to say that management and Axl are idiots for throwing away money by turning away exposure from bootlegs and not setting up a system where we can buy all old/new concerts, while also saying that everything this band does is for money. I think the band deserves criticism, plenty of it, but these criticisms clearly contradict themselves. If it was all about money for them then we would've seen the reunion a lot sooner, and we'd probably also see a lot of old concerts released that they could make plenty of money from. We haven't seen that. 

And claiming that it's all about money cause he's done a commercial seems a bit knitpicky to me. One commercial this century(that I'm aware of, correct me if I'm wrong) doesn't scream "Axl doing things for money". He could paste his name and image to plenty of products and made plenty of money. But he hasn't done that either. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, registra said:

I don't know, I kind of disagree with the masses in this regard. It seems a bit counter intuitive to say that management and Axl are idiots for throwing away money by turning away exposure from bootlegs and not setting up a system where we can buy all old/new concerts, while also saying that everything this band does is for money. I think the band deserves criticism, plenty of it, but these criticisms clearly contradict themselves. If it was all about money for them then we would've seen the reunion a lot sooner, and we'd probably also see a lot of old concerts released that they could make plenty of money from. We haven't seen that. 

And claiming that it's all about money cause he's done a commercial seems a bit knitpicky to me. One commercial this century(that I'm aware of, correct me if I'm wrong) doesn't scream "Axl doing things for money". He could paste his name and image to plenty of products and made plenty of money. But he hasn't done that either. 

Well, he had though. Seeing as he's happy to sign off on slapping GNRs logo on tons of ridiculous merch. 

2 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Well, he had though. Seeing as he's happy to sign off on slapping GNRs logo on tons of ridiculous merch. 

When I say he hasn't, I'm more so talking about Axl and his own image specifically, as opposed to TB and the GNR brand. I think we can both agree that Axl would make far far more money by using his own image in commercials for products like Budweiser that appeal to the masses, then he would through TB putting a GNR logo on a toy truck and a laundry bag that less then a thousand people would buy. 

3 minutes ago, registra said:

When I say he hasn't, I'm more so talking about Axl and his own image specifically, as opposed to TB and the GNR brand. I think we can both agree that Axl would make far far more money by using his own image in commercials for products like Budweiser that appeal to the masses, then he would through TB putting a GNR logo on a toy truck and a laundry bag that less then a thousand people would buy. 

You think Axl doesn't sign off on everything that gets a GNR logo? 

7 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

You think Axl doesn't sign off on everything that gets a GNR logo?

I'm not sure tbh, part of me thinks he doesn't care enough to sign off on what they do,  but maybe he does. That's beside the point of what I'm saying though, he doesn't need GNR merch to make money. His own image in a Budweiser ad is probably worth  a lot more money to him personally then a GNR logo on ridiculous merch is to him. If he only cared about money, we'd see him using his own image to make himself money more then he does. Cause the Budweiser ad is the only one I can think of.

And in terms of the GNR logo, I'm actually unsure how that works. I knwo Axl owned the GNR brand, but does he still and does all the money from GNR merch, products, etc go to him or is it split now with Duff and Slash?

Edited by registra

3 hours ago, El Guapo said:

I wonder if Axl has even one single person close to him in his life that would/ could talk to him this way without being banned/fired/removed from his life, either by himself or the leeches.

My guess would be a resounding NO. Nobody has been honest with Axl since 1990. Those who had are long gone. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

The problem with Rose is he likes to associate with people who are up his bum. Elvis had this predilection also, the infamous Memphis Mafia. If you only associate with people up your bum you've all these people sort of circling around you desperate for favours and interpreting your orders. There will be nobody there who can speak the truth. 

Further, I think Rose has been on drugs, downers, since circa. 2010. The change has been so dramatic. When I look at Rose now he looks like a hollowed-out shell. The fire has been extinguished. 

• Like 3