European Leg

1 minute ago, zombux said:

38243_1_ver1451770860.jpg

https://streamable.com/8383a 

1 minute ago, Gavin82 said:

The shows will sell well no matter what people on here think lols

Probably true. And Team Leech knows this and will try their best to squeeze every last cent out of it. But I sure as hell don't want to be a part of it anymore. 

• GNFNR 1

7 minutes ago, LovelessNL said:

It's nowhere near the point of 'maybe this will be their last tour'.

I'm not so sure about that 

If they tour another 2 or 3 years they will have made enough money to retire and I'm not sure whether Axl's voice could handle them touring for another 10 years or so

As long as they don't release a new album, I think they might be done in a couple of years 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Gavin82 said:

Oh sure it will. Doesnt mean people are entitled to their own opinions or selling 50k tickets per show means people who are not attending because they are fed up are 'wrong'.

Quantity /= Quality

8 minutes ago, SAU3R said:

I'm not so sure about that 

If they tour another 2 or 3 years they will have made enough money to retire and I'm not sure whether Axl's voice could handle them touring for another 10 years or so

As long as they don't release a new album, I think they might be done in a couple of years 

Well I mean Rolling Stones, AC/DC, Maiden, Deep Purple, Priest, whatever, they all have 'enough money' and are still touring. There's always MORE money to be made. I can agree that any tour can be their last, but not due to age or 'enough money'. I can see the whole thing imploding again though.

41 minutes ago, LovelessNL said:

Nowadays even festival tours seem to have a name and a marketing strategy to go with it.

Few suggestions (purely my own of course :D )

European Summer Vacation
Escape from the Studio

I'm just going by the fact that the previously announced South American festival dates left no context.

1 minute ago, Spirit said:

I'm just going by the fact that the previously announced South American festival dates left no context.

That is very true, I expect they will be part of something 'bigger', and they didnt want to announce that just yet? Not sure though, it could just be some random cash-grab festival dates as you've said.

42 minutes ago, username said:

It didn't in Vegas. No Trickery...remember? There's irony in that name, since it was actually pure trickery. Nothing new at all. 

Another tour name will probably just mean they'll keep playing the same shit under a different name. At most they'll introduce a new UYI or CD song or something. Yippee. 

Maybe just call it the Same Shit Different Name Tour. But then again GnR isn't good at managing expectations like that. 

Sure. I wrote "could suggest", so anything is possible. But rumor has it that new material is planned for next year, so the probability of touring dates being related is higher.

1 hour ago, Mr. Bullshit said:

Today they announce the european leg

Source? 

32 minutes ago, Gavin82 said:

Of course they will and I don't think anyone has claimed otherwise. Some fans are choosing to vote with their wallets though and I think that's great. It probably won't put a dent in the GN'R machine, but that's not the point. 

41 minutes ago, LovelessNL said:

Well I mean Rolling Stones, AC/DC, Maiden, Deep Purple, Priest, whatever, they all have 'enough money' and are still touring. There's always MORE money to be made. I can agree that any tour can be their last, but not due to age or 'enough money'. I can see the whole thing imploding again though.

I can almost see some issues and i think its the speed in which things are moving. If the next round of shows are march that means slash has sitting around for 6 months. It would feel like an eternity for him. Whether hes hampered because of  another certain member who knows.

7 minutes ago, ThePreacher said:

Check out the frontpage gunsnroses.com

What does that mean? "Special guest"

Ashba. 

Nah, just kidding. It probably means the opening acts. It's modern to call those "special guests". Which is silly because it's mostly just some band noone gives a shit about. 

Edited by username
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, username said:

Ashba. 

Nah, just kidding. It probably means the opening acts. It's modern to call those "special guests". Which is silly because it's mostly just some band noone gives a shit about. 

Just when you think following GNR can't become any worse, DJ ASHBA rears it's ugly head in every other thread lol. 

2 hours ago, LovelessNL said:

Shit I dont feel the least bit inclined to spend a € on this shit. 4 years ago i was willing to pay up to 300/400€ per ticket to see the reunion. What happened :D

Go to festivals. A lot cheaper and not directly putting money in their pockets. <_<

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Go to festivals. A lot cheaper and not directly putting money in their pockets. <_<

Out of the 3 times I saw GNR 2 times was at Graspop :P But nah, hope that if it's just a festival tour they realize they need to cut the set in half and play 2 hours max. Just do the hits, one cover, and fill it with maybe 2 deep cuts. I found the 3,5+ hr show on a festival not really great

Edited by LovelessNL

Just envisioning the cobblers Slash comes up with to justify the continuation of the tour after claiming its closure. Something like, ''you know, when all things are considered we just like to rock and there is a great vibe and energy around Guns''. 

• Haha 1