GNR Announce Miami 2020 Super Bowl Fest Show

41 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

Who is that?

30 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

Elvis? and i dunno who'd pick for the 2nd. I'm thinking of someone you never saw live, Elvis is the only one i can think of.

You've seen everyone!

Elvis and MJ. 

I did get to see MJ, but only once. I'd easily pay $400 for him. I never got to see Elvis of course, so I'd pay that for him too. 

• Like 4

21 hours ago, The Holographic Universe said:

This is about the National Anthem, which isn’t even worth standing up for,so that’s why they neuter the performance. 

U2 played lived. And I’m almost certain Prince did. 

Did you not   read this sentence? 

Such pre-recorded performances for the Super Bowl's halftime shows and national anthem have been commonplace since the 1990s; the NFL has confirmed this as standard practice.

It clearly states half time shows. There are articles as well, which state that music artists lip sync for both the anthem and halftime show. 

1 minute ago, Draguns said:

Did you not   read this sentence? 

Such pre-recorded performances for the Super Bowl's halftime shows and national anthem have been commonplace since the 1990s; the NFL has confirmed this as standard practice.

It clearly states half time shows. There are articles as well, which state that music artists lip sync for both the anthem and halftime show. 

You’re responses are pre-recorded. 

• Haha 1

There was a time, specifically 2017 and most of 2018 where I was giving the band as a whole, many benefits of the doubt.  Regarding setlists, new material, etc. all of it.  I was willing to say "let's wait I am sure they are cooking something up"

But lately I am just finding it hard to.  New tour dates no longer excite me, and what was exciting from Locomotive and Dead Horse quickly got replaced with negativity from the whole TB/copyright saga since we can barely even enjoy recordings of those new songs lol

At this point I feel like GNR are adding these random 2020 tour dates so they can make easy money and have excuses not to release any actual new material.  

Edited by WhazUp
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

There was a time, specifically 2017 and most of 2018 where I was giving the band as a whole, many benefits of the doubt.  Regarding setlists, new material, etc. all of it.  I was willing to say "let's wait I am sure they are cooking something up"

But lately I am just finding it hard to.  New tour dates have no longer excite me, and what was exciting from Locomotive and Dead Horse quickly got replaced with negativity from the whole TB/copyright saga since we can barely even enjoy recordings of those new songs lol

At this point I feel like GNR are adding these random 2020 tour dates so they can make easy money and have excuses not to release any actual new material.  

I doubt Axl is touring to avoid making an album. He is not the type to do something he doesn’t want to do. There could many factors if an album isn’t released. Maybe, internally, they have agreed they do not possess the chemistry to write and record excellent music. 25 years apart is a huge gap to bridge. And Axl surley has not become more cooperative in recordings habits. 

3 hours ago, allwaystired said:

Tickets are HOW much?! 

I don't care for any of the arguments around 'market value' and 'corporate demand' - those prices are disgraceful. 

Couldn't agree more. I'm not being over dramatic, I was sincerely stunned at the prices. 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

Cool. 

Maybe Duff's beloved Seahawks will be there too. (Pity about Axl's Raiders though, eh?) 

GnR has the brand strength and the cross generation appeal that would make them perfect for the actual SB half time show. 

Maybe the organisers are scared that they would do something naughty? 

3 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Couldn't agree more. I'm not being over dramatic, I was sincerely stunned at the prices. 

Me too.  I can't attend this show anyway but I looked at the tickets. $500 face value for regular floor seats?!?  At the last Miami show I paid three hundred something for pit and I thought I might be nuts for paying that.

The Stones just did the same with there prices in USA some pit tixs were over €1000 crazy

When they played Cardiff last year 8 of my m8s walked in thru main gates some rep from the Stadium just came over & asked how many in group 8 was said he handed over 8 PIT tixs FV around  £500GBP for FREE just cos no 1 was in the PIT

#TRUESTORY

• Haha 1

Just now, BangoSkank said:

I'm confused - aren't these the same rate as a regular GNR show (which is still too much)?

Not the last time I went, which was mid 2016. My wife saw them in late 2017 and I know she wouldn't pay less than half that to see them.

19 hours ago, WhazUp said:

But lately I am just finding it hard to.  New tour dates no longer excite me, and what was exciting from Locomotive and Dead Horse quickly got replaced with negativity from the whole TB/copyright saga since we can barely even enjoy recordings of those new songs lol

That's how I felt about the '18 & '19 legs ... 

On 12/9/2019 at 5:33 PM, RussTCB said:

I did get to see MJ, but only once.

What concert and tour did you manage to see him at out of curiosity? I've probably watched almost every concert of his available online haha

Weirdly enough I always thought the History tour was the one I'd want to see if I had a choice, even with the lip syncing. He didn't have the same energy he had during Bad tour or Dangerous but the production, band, choreography(along with his own dance moves improving) and set list were next level. Shame he only played Heartbreak Hotel during the Bad tour though, adored that songs live performances.

Edited by registra

1 minute ago, registra said:

What concert and tour did you manage to see him at out of curiosity? I've probably watched almost every concert of his available online haha

Weirdly enough I always thought the History tour was the one I'd want to see if I had a choice, even with the lip syncing. He didn't have the same energy he had during Bad tour or Dangerous but the production, band, choreography(along with his own dance moves improving) and set list were next level. Shame he only played Heartbreak Hotel during the Bad tour though, adored that songs live performances.

I saw him on the Bad Tour. 

• Like 1

On 12/9/2019 at 6:33 PM, RussTCB said:

Elvis and MJ. 

I did get to see MJ, but only once. I'd easily pay $400 for him. I never got to see Elvis of course, so I'd pay that for him too. 

I got to see MJ last 2 concerts at MSG he did with his brothers and a lot of guest stars including slash.  Next morning was September 11th, 2001 ..

• Sad 2

34 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

It is disgusting how live entertainment has now become an exclusive bragging rights club for the upper class. Fucking concert tickets require a damn credit card now for the most part

Glad I saw almost everyone I wanted to see

It's obscene, I agree.