GNR Announce Miami 2020 Super Bowl Fest Show

57 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

It is disgusting how live entertainment has now become an exclusive bragging rights club for the upper class. Fucking concert tickets require a damn credit card now for the most part

Glad I saw almost everyone I wanted to see

Could not agree more. Any "established act" is exactly what you said: a bragging rights competition for the well to do. It has absolutely nothing to do with the music. 

About 5 years ago, I switched over to just seeing bands on the come up. I still pay $20-$30 per show and I see most bands before they become huge and charge 5 - 10 times that. 

I saw Fun for free at St Andrew's Hall right after Some Nights was released, but before it blew up. I saw Adele at the Royal Oak Music Theater for $25 again, right after 21 was released but before it blew up. Similar stories for Leon Bridges, Gotye and Nathaniel Rateliff & The Nightsweats. 

It takes a lot for me to pay more than $50 these days. It has to be someone I really like. For example, I paid more than $50 for Kelly Clarkson on her tour last year, but that's because I love every song but one on her latest album. 

Other than a few rare exceptions, I just see newer artists for way cheaper. I've been a lot happier since I switched over to that concert plan. 

13 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Could not agree more. Any "established act" is exactly what you said: a bragging rights competition for the well to do. It has absolutely nothing to do with the music. 

About 5 years ago, I switched over to just seeing bands on the come up. I still pay $20-$30 per show and I see most bands before they become huge and charge 5 - 10 times that. 

I saw Fun for free at St Andrew's Hall right after Some Nights was released, but before it blew up. I saw Adele at the Royal Oak Music Theater for $25 again, right after 21 was released but before it blew up. Similar stories for Leon Bridges, Gotye and Nathaniel Rateliff & The Nightsweats. 

It takes a lot for me to pay more than $50 these days. It has to be someone I really like. For example, I paid more than $50 for Kelly Clarkson on her tour last year, but that's because I love every song but one on her latest album. 

Other than a few rare exceptions, I just see newer artists for way cheaper. I've been a lot happier since I switched over to that concert plan. 

Im so jealous you were at that Adele show. My ex liked her then and  I'll forever regret that one.

Anyways, I agree. I'm grateful I have seen all the big active arena and stadium acts I've wanted to. I might do a big show or two a year, but its no fun anymore

On 12/10/2019 at 10:18 AM, Sausagebrain said:

Cool. 

Maybe Duff's beloved Seahawks will be there too. (Pity about Axl's Raiders though, eh?) 

GnR has the brand strength and the cross generation appeal that would make them perfect for the actual SB half time show. 

Maybe the organisers are scared that they would do something naughty? 

The opposite is true in reality. GnR, safe. Safe, middle aged rich men who are very strict when it comes to their millions. The NFL producers, lol, would be disappointed in how strict, demanding in over security, time frame, everuthing AxlSlashDuff and their operation is.  1989, 1990, 1987, hell no, but thise days ate long gone.                                                 GnR would be a good , family safe,loud  energetic half-time show. Welcome TTJ, watered down version in lyrics.  Song ftom The Terminator. SCofMine, NovemberRain with Axl rising  up with piano. .  Lights, lasers, dancers .   Slash solo. Black top hats lighted images on the audience, whatever that is called, yep. 

Edited by Amaya

On 12/9/2019 at 6:34 PM, Draguns said:

Did you not   read this sentence? 

Such pre-recorded performances for the Super Bowl's halftime shows and national anthem have been commonplace since the 1990s; the NFL has confirmed this as standard practice.

It clearly states half time shows. There are articles as well, which state that music artists lip sync for both the anthem and halftime show. 

True. GnR would like that so much, like, why not do that in concert .   But seriously, yes. It is prerecorded.    Why? Does anyone know why?  I just always assumed because of the time limit which is 15 mins and cannot be  a second over.  Their us the performer, but all of the dancers, lasers lights pyro, etc timed to the second. The big game half time shown live cannot have any glitches, error, sound issues, performer coughing, sneezing, nothing like that. 

7 hours ago, Amaya said:

True. GnR would like that so much, like, why not do that in concert .   But seriously, yes. It is prerecorded.    Why? Does anyone know why?  I just always assumed because of the time limit which is 15 mins and cannot be  a second over.  Their us the performer, but all of the dancers, lasers lights pyro, etc timed to the second. The big game half time shown live cannot have any glitches, error, sound issues, performer coughing, sneezing, nothing like that. 

I would imagine it's due to time constraints. From my own recent experience regarding a panel discussion that my colleague and I created and organized, I can say that one of the speakers went a minute over her allotted speaking time. It affected the coffee break for networking and then the second portion of the event we had. Once when you plan an event we had or a much larger event like the SB, you have to have every  minute accounted for. 

I would also imagine that the NFL is afraid of bad performances. Pink wasn't feeling well the day of the Super Bowl. Since her vocals were prerecorded, she was still able to go out and lip sing to the national anthem. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Draguns said:

I would imagine it's due to time constraints. From my own recent experience regarding a panel discussion that my colleague and I created and organized, I can say that one of the speakers went a minute over her allotted speaking time. It affected the coffee break for networking and then the second portion of the event we had. Once when you plan an event we had or a much larger event like the SB, you have to have every  minute accounted for. 

I would also imagine that the NFL is afraid of bad performances. Pink wasn't feeling well the day of the Super Bowl. Since her vocals were prerecorded, she was still able to go out and lip sing to the national anthem. 

Adam Levine didn't lip sync last year and he sounded terrible. Not that I'm a big Maroon 5 fan but, to me it was worse than full Mickey Axl.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

I don’t know. Maybe Axl will finally Hardschool me in the ass, for once!

I really, really hope they bother busting out a new song or two. I'm totally down with it being Hard School, though I must say, I'd rather it a title change. 

46 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

OK, we're getting close to this show now. 

Predictions on how it will go? 

Like this:

It's So Easy
Mr. Brownstone
Chinese Democracy
Welcome To The Jungle
Double Talkin' Jive
Better
Estranged
Live And Let Die
Slither
Rocket Queen
You Could Be Mine
Shadow Of Your Love
You Can't Put Your Arms Around A Memory/Attitude
Civil War
Coma
Blues Jam/Sweet Child O' Mine
Wichita Lineman
Wish You Were Here
November Rain
Knockin' On Heavens Door
Nightrain

ENCORE:

Don't Cry

The Seeker 

Paradise City 

• Sad 3

Just now, SAU3R said:

Like this:

It's So Easy
Mr. Brownstone
Chinese Democracy
Welcome To The Jungle
Double Talkin' Jive
Better
Estranged
Live And Let Die
Slither
Rocket Queen
You Could Be Mine
Shadow Of Your Love
Civil War
Coma
Wichita Lineman
Wish You Were Here
November Rain
Knockin' On Heavens Door
Nightrain

ENCORE:

Don't Cry

The Seeker 

Paradise City 

You're probably so right :/

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jacdaniel said:

Is the Miami show billed as one of the “all new show” shows? 
If so, we’ll probably get a good taste of what’s in store for the next 2 years or so.

No. Just billed as a show for the Super Bowl Fest. 

39 minutes ago, tman636 said:

Sadly, most likely 100% correct. Oh well. Still should be a fun night. Couldn't pass it up, being local to S. FL.

Yep, I even fly to Prague from Western Germany, I can't resist when the come around 

• Like 1

On 12/10/2019 at 3:48 PM, Gavin82 said:

The Stones just did the same with there prices in USA some pit tixs were over €1000 crazy

When they played Cardiff last year 8 of my m8s walked in thru main gates some rep from the Stadium just came over & asked how many in group 8 was said he handed over 8 PIT tixs FV around  £500GBP for FREE just cos no 1 was in the PIT

#TRUESTORY

The Stones pit tickets for last years tour weren’t that much unless you got it as part of a VIP package - if I remember right a pit ticket on its own was about $500. Still expensive yes, but not even close to €1000. And even so, the Stones give plenty of opportunities to get cheap tickets nowadays with the Lucky Dip tickets. So until GN’R starts doing some similar system to that, I really don’t see how they can be compared to the Stones. 

On 12/16/2019 at 7:19 PM, ZoSoRose said:

It is disgusting how live entertainment has now become an exclusive bragging rights club for the upper class. Fucking concert tickets require a damn credit card now for the most part

It’s not to late to make Iron Maiden your favorite band ;) 

On 12/16/2019 at 7:19 PM, ZoSoRose said:

its what the internet did to music.  Destroys business (it is a business).  I grew up in the time period you mention.  Back then, ticket priced were cheaper, then again, so was everything else.  Bands would make money at shows but also do well by actually selling an album too.  Most people balk at having to pay 12 bucks for an album today.  Rather steal it off the internet or just buy the 2 or 3 songs you like.   They need to offset that someway.  So you go out with more than  1 band and you get sky high prices.  Look at the "cheap seats" for Motley, poison and Def.    

7 hours ago, SAU3R said:

Like this:

It's So Easy
Mr. Brownstone
Chinese Democracy
Welcome To The Jungle
Double Talkin' Jive
Better
Estranged
Live And Let Die
Slither
Rocket Queen
You Could Be Mine
Shadow Of Your Love
Civil War
Coma
Wichita Lineman
Wish You Were Here
November Rain
Knockin' On Heavens Door
Nightrain

ENCORE:

Don't Cry

The Seeker 

Paradise City 

Hey, you never know — they might dust off their classic Black Hole Sun rendition as well

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, Amaya said:

I hope this is on tv with the Superbowl shows.

4 hours ago, Stryker said:

It likely won’t be. Apparently Aerosmith’s wasn’t last year for their comparable set.

There's a least one or two forum members going, so at least we'll know if something cool happens. 

• Like 1