Europe 2020 Tour Announced

4 minutes ago, bangit said:

Live Nation just tweeted to promote the Saturday London show. Short official video clip, describes it as an 'all new show' pitched as 'the next chapter'. 

Interesting. 

If it's all on new show I imagine there are US dates to come.  They ain't doing an all new show for a dozen European dates 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bangit said:

Live Nation just tweeted to promote the Saturday London show. Short official video clip, describes it as an 'all new show' pitched as 'the next chapter'. 

Interesting. 

On insta too for several hours now 

Edited by brig
Clarifying that it’s an insta ad

3 hours ago, bangit said:

Interesting. 

Yeah, it's been that way since the tour was announced. As always, the fans are just sitting and waiting to find out what it actually means. 

Anyone remember this tidbit from when they announced the Appetite For Democracy residency?

This special Las Vegas residency is being done to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the group's debut album 'Appetite for Destruction.' The band will perform their classic hits from that era along with anthems from their current 'Chinese Democracy' record, in a special set list that has been tailor-made for these intimate performances.

I wouldn't get excited about an 'all new show'.... :lol:

• GNFNR 1

It’s strange, you can’t really label something as an all new show if 90% remains the same. 

But they don’t really have the catalogue to change too much without some new stuff and there is absolutely no demand for CD heavy sets. 

And you can’t have a Guns show without the hits. Interesting to see what they have up their sleeves. 

Potentially huge backlash here if people buy tickets based on the new show advertisement and it turns out they throw in some CD songs instead to the covers. 

• Like 1

“All New Show” is purposely vague and could mean anything. It could be mean they move a few songs around, add a cover (if that) and maybe a new stage design. It’s a simple way to repackage NITL and trick both the hardcore fans and even casual fans who don’t know if they want to double dip. NITL could realistically go on for the rest of the band’s career like this.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Stress Fracture said:

A new stage and new visuals. Theirs have looked a bit boring compared to other recent stadium tours and you know Motley Crue will take it to another level.

That's my guess as well. Plus new covers and MAYBE a new song, probably Hard School.

Strictly speaking - 'all new' means a completely different set list. 

Of course that isn't going to happen - they will play the big hits like SCOM, WTTJ and NR, and that is what most of the concert goers will want to hear. 

So I guess that means they could change some of the non-hit songs on the set list.

Fine. Just go easy on the covers, eh lads? 

'All new' probably will mean an 'all new' stage production. 

On that note - it's because the stage production is on a bigger scale that we won't be able to go back a scenario like the UYI tour, where set lists were changed up quite a bit. With all the lighting cues, film clips and pyro, it's harder for bands to be spontaneous on stage during a big touring show (not just GnR). 

5 hours ago, jamillos said:

I’ve just received a private e-mail from TB. They said GNR will open with Perfect Crime, Axl will be wearing shorts and a red or blue bandana with no hat. He will rasp the living fuck out of that song. Matt Sorum will be guesting behind the drums for at least a few songs. Mr. Brownstone will follow, and next will be a brand new song that we’ll have never heard of, written in 2018–19. There will be no extra covers apart from the ones that are long-term staples in the catalogue. Axl is said to plan on having extensive chats with fans on forums later on. They also said there have been some problems within TB and some people are gonna be released from certain jobs. That’s all I know.

Well done, except you left out the crucial piece every #insider must include:

"That's just what I was told. The plan could change" 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, janrichmond said:

Maybe an acoustic set will be added, like Skin n' Bones '93, back to basics. Get the couch out again and Axl can sit for a bit and maybe sound better.

Fat n' Rich 2020 

i really like the idea. Songs like UTLH, Patience, maybe Dead Flowers, KOHD 5 Minute Version, You're Crazy, YATF, maybe The Seekerm maybe This I Love are great on accoustic. He can sit and focus on his singing. I really like this.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, JimmyMick3 said:

I take it the 2nd date in London puts the mail in the coffin for a Scottish date? I know there’s a few days available but why not announce it as part of the original plan? 

It's a strange one 

Not to sound like I'm on repeat but I reckon Bella Houston around the green day gig which also their week off is the most likely bet 

Do not see any real attempt at trying to fill Hampden or Murray field post Christmas being viable 

Imagine if we got the Hydro though...