2 minutes ago, The Holographic Universe said:

There really is no other band other than Metallica that GNR could co-headline.

Yea Metallica and Pearl Jam are the first bands that come to mind... it also wouldn't surprise me if they did a 'Crüe Fest' type of thing eventually, with some bands like Alice In Chains, A7X, Aerosmith, the Black Keys, etc.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Gotta love Susan! Leaks the reunion, posts pictures of Stephanie and then leaks US tour. 

Posted Images

19 minutes ago, The Holographic Universe said:

I agree. It would be super cool now that GNR are a functional touring band. The only thing is I can’t imagine what a ticket to such a show would cost. GNRs ticket prices are borderline insane. Metallica is much more fan friendly with ticket prices. 

Yes. And then we could buy a black ticket and wouldn't need to worry about ticket prices anymore. That's the most fan friendly thing any band has ever done. 

A package tour would be a good idea, I mean some of the supports have been ridiculous.  Fuck knows what Tyler Bryant has on somebody in the music business but he got to go out with AC/DC as well and the bloke has as many listens on Spotify as bands who literally play pubs.  Then the Kills when I went to London was just utterly bizarre.  

I get the financial reasons why they don't want to spunk loads of money on support acts but announcing a package from the outset clearly has some value.  That Crue reunion tour has sold amazingly well, some bloke from Def Leppard did an interview and basically said it was completely unexpected by everybody to sell like that

Edited by northernsoul
12 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Yes. And then we could buy a black ticket and wouldn't need to worry about ticket prices anymore. That's the most fan friendly thing any band has ever done. 

Metallica was cheaper but it was hardly cheap, I paid £95 for a top seat in the UK and around £110 i think for a decent seat for the stadium leg. The stadium production also blew Guns out of the water.  Axl actually put together some half decent stage shows for 5k attendances in arenas for Nu GNR yet in the stadiums we didn't really get the production we deserved IMO.  Bands are doing amazing things these days with the production and Guns are miles behind in this and I think certainly for younger concert goers it is expected now.

Edited by northernsoul
16 minutes ago, northernsoul said:

Metallica was cheaper but it was hardly cheap, I paid £95 for a top seat in the UK and around £110 i think for a decent seat for the stadium leg. The stadium production also blew Guns out of the water.  Axl actually put together some half decent stage shows for 5k attendances in arenas for Nu GNR yet in the stadiums we didn't really get the production we deserved IMO.  Bands are doing amazing things these days with the production and Guns are miles behind in this and I think certainly for younger concert goers it is expected now.

Yes. But for 600 $/€ you can attend as many shows as you like. Front of stage and early entry included.

Not sure though how the Nu-Guns stage show could be considered better. Don't really see that.

Edited by PatrickS77
1 hour ago, northernsoul said:

The production for this tour is definitely underwhelming. I just believe GNR are just about the music. 

Going to a Prague show!! I didn’t expect myself to be this excited :lol:

I know that Axl will sound not like his younger-self, and propably they won’t play anything new but still there is something great in their shows. Can’t wait for june

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, sl4yer said:

Going to a Prague show!! I didn’t expect myself to be this excited :lol:

I know that Axl will sound not like his younger-self, and propably they won’t play anything new but still there is something great in their shows. Can’t wait for june

You'll have a great time mate. If Axl sounds anything like he did at the Prague show in 2017 then you'll be in for a treat. Great venue. I really wanted to go again but it was such a hassle getting to my hotel last time, so just going to wait til I have accomodation/travel sorted for the shows I'm going to before taking on more!

1 hour ago, 6lake sa66ath said:

Looks like I will be testing the theories of those who believed GC tickets were available easily in the week before the London '17 shows as I missed out on a ticket for Saturday next year.

You'll 100% get a ticket - even through Ticketmaster's resale site closer to the gig date. People will be panic selling etc if something pops up, so you might end up getting it slightly cheaper.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
On 12/26/2019 at 1:40 PM, Dean said:

You'll have a great time mate. If Axl sounds anything like he did at the Prague show in 2017 then you'll be in for a treat. Great venue. I really wanted to go again but it was such a hassle getting to my hotel last time, so just going to wait til I have accomodation/travel sorted for the shows I'm going to before taking on more!

You'll 100% get a ticket - even through Ticketmaster's resale site closer to the gig date. People will be panic selling etc if something pops up, so you might end up getting it slightly cheaper.

What was the hassle. 

Im going to Prague too and im curious

40 minutes ago, rebeldhipi said:

What was the hassle. 

Im going to Prague too and im curious

You'll have a great time, nothing to worry about - I just didn't plan my journey very well. I was about a 3.5 hour walk from my hotel and couldn't seem to find a Taxi along with not having a clue where the train station was. All easily avoidable, I just didn't familiarize myself with the area when I had the time. Eventually managed to grab a Taxi, but for a period I thought I was stranded. Everything considered, Prague was actually one of my favourite destinations when I was travelling back in 2017. 

2 hours ago, Dean said:

You'll have a great time, nothing to worry about - I just didn't plan my journey very well. I was about a 3.5 hour walk from my hotel and couldn't seem to find a Taxi along with not having a clue where the train station was. All easily avoidable, I just didn't familiarize myself with the area when I had the time. Eventually managed to grab a Taxi, but for a period I thought I was stranded. Everything considered, Prague was actually one of my favourite destinations when I was travelling back in 2017. 

Ah.  Nothing too bad then. Just gotta make sure to find out where the train station is before hand.

Cheers!

I also went to the Prague show in 2017. Can't say I had issues with transportation from the house we we're staying at to Letnany airport, everything was smooth really. You have a subway just outside the venue that will take you to pretty much everywhere in Prague. Sure you'll face some queues but nothing scandalous. Must have took us around 45  minutes to get home and we we're staying right beside Charles bridge. 

• Like 1
On 28. 12. 2019 at 7:24 PM, baldek said:

I also went to the Prague show in 2017. Can't say I had issues with transportation from the house we we're staying at to Letnany airport, everything was smooth really. You have a subway just outside the venue that will take you to pretty much everywhere in Prague. Sure you'll face some queues but nothing scandalous. Must have took us around 45  minutes to get home and we we're staying right beside Charles bridge. 

This. There even was a special subway train for GNR fans in 2017, and you could hear announcements, too. Once you get out of the subway, it’s just a five-minute walk. 

Edited by jamillos
7 minutes ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

Susan said USA stadium dates:

Wow... Just wow. 

I really hope they have an album coming before then. Either that or a massive other band to announce as a package tour. 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, sl4yer said:

Either they are releasing something or it’s a fucking joke. They just had a tour in NA and now they are doing another one? With the exact same set but in bigger places? lol

It is a fuckin joke. We're getting the news from Susan! Think about it for a minute. Since when is she the band's spokesperson?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1