Europe 2020 Tour Announced

34 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Someone posted this on e-festival forum:

I work for Ticketmaster (LN) and we got an email today about an announcement coming this week for a huge Guns’N’Roses show in the summer at Tottenham Hotspurs Stadium...any chance they could be at Mad Cool being a Live Nation band? Or are we thinking they’re far too expensive? 

Where is that posted? Frequently visiting that board but not seeing this anywhere

51 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Someone posted this on e-festival forum:

I work for Ticketmaster (LN) and we got an email today about an announcement coming this week for a huge Guns’N’Roses show in the summer at Tottenham Hotspurs Stadium...any chance they could be at Mad Cool being a Live Nation band? Or are we thinking they’re far too expensive? 

I don't think they've ever had a gig there have they? 

Given the person posting that has never posted before I'm a little suspicious.....

4 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Given the person posting that has never posted before I'm a little suspicious.....

I did a little research and found the guy who did the post. He really does work for Ticketmaster and I contacted him on fb

Edited by Flake

Just now, Flake said:

I did a little research and found the guy who did the post. He really does work for Ticketmaster and I contacted him on fb

Fair enough....could be something in it then. 

Not sure I'd bother going really, unless tickets were a decent price (which they won't be!). I can't really get too enthused by seeing the same show again.....

Just now, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Looks like a really big stadium, says the capacity is 62,000 - they might struggle to sell it out. 

I've said before - I think stadiums are too ambitious for GNR on a third European run in 4 years.....but who knows? 

I'd agree with you. I think if it's true, they'd really struggle with this one particularly. I maintain that the NITL 'reunion' is done now in the eyes of the mass public, and thinking it will continue to sell indefinitely is very wrong.....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gold top 78 said:

The Slash interview being discussed in another thread is also this Friday , coincidence ? 

Maybe Slash could be talking about a new tour next year because I don’t see what else he could talk about given there’s nothing happening with GNR for a little while. 

Probably. 

I can't see him going on a South Carolina radio station no-one in Europe can listen to to promote a European tour! 

It's probably just a case of him not having anything to do at the moment to be honest, and having spare time. 

10 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Probably. 

I can't see him going on a South Carolina radio station no-one in Europe can listen to to promote a European tour! 

It's probably just a case of him not having anything to do at the moment to be honest, and having spare time. 

Your probably correct but at the same time there’s the SA dates in March as well so maybe he’ll just mention that there’s a new tour happening next year starting there. No doubt there’ll be more dates in April somewhere as well. That’s how it’s shaping up anyway by the looks of it 

1 minute ago, Gold top 78 said:

Your probably correct but at the same time there’s the SA dates in March as well so maybe he’ll just mention that there’s a new tour happening next year starting there. No doubt there’ll be more dates in April somewhere as well. That’s how it’s shaping up anyway by the looks of it 

I'd just like him to be asked "are you currently in the studio with GNR?".

If he isn't, and they're back on tour in March for the year, it would stop all speculation as to whether we'll hear anything new again. 

• Like 2

Yes unfortunately I think you’d be right I’ve kept optimistic this year about new music and said earlier on in the year that if there was no news by the end of the year on new songs then Slash is just talking the same as Fortus etc. The more new dates get announced the less likely recording a new album seems to be. I’m starting to lower my expectations now ☹️

12 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

No disrespect to anyone, but does it really matter what the tour is called? 

They changed the name of the tour here and there from 01 - 14 but it was still really the Chinese Democracy Tour the whole time. 

Unless they're promoting new material, it's not really a new tour. So who cares what they name it? 

I think everyone means that if they name it something new it might be in connection with a new album or something. Otherwise it doesn't matter.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, allwaystired said:

Its a NEW Stadium only a year old looks fucking amazing

AJ is also ment too fight there in March either Usyk or Pullev

As someone who traveled to London for both shows in 2017 i won't be going again unless there is a new album / the show is significantly different which i expect won't happen!

i'm a hardcore fan and have seen them well over a dozen times in multiple countries since 2006. time to draw a line under it unless they come close to home. 

London shows in 2017 were the most profitable of the tour from what i've read. Truly massive and memorable!

44 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

No disrespect to anyone, but does it really matter what the tour is called? 

They changed the name of the tour here and there from 01 - 14 but it was still really the Chinese Democracy Tour the whole time. 

Unless they're promoting new material, it's not really a new tour. So who cares what they name it? 

I think I’m just hoping in vain that they do something different. Maybe if it’s a new name, even if there’s nothing new, they change the set order around, or maybe add a mini acoustic set a la Skin n Bones, or just anything at this point really. 

• Like 1