Ghostbusters: Afterlife

Dazey

17 minutes ago, metallex78 said:

Now THIS has got me super excited! 

Completely different vibe than the original but I'm totally cool with that. This is the first movie that I've been excited for in a long time. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

Completely different vibe than the original but I'm totally cool with that. This is the first movie that I've been excited for in a long time. 

Yeah, other people have pointed out the over serious tone of these trailers, whereas the original was much more comedy.

That may or may not be the case with the whole film, but I just love how they’re tying this into the original, and respecting the source material.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, metallex78 said:

Yeah, other people have pointed out the over serious tone of these trailers, whereas the original was much more comedy.

That may or may not be the case with the whole film, but I just love how they’re tying this into the original, and respecting the source material.

Almost all of the original cast (except the guy who played Egon) are in this too, the trailers seem intended to mislead.

There was an interview a while back with Bill Murray complaining about how heavy the packs were during filming.

I have faith this will be alot better than people expect and that they'll do more than quick cameos.

Edited by AtariLegend

• 3 months later...

Seen it this afternoon, I really liked it. 

I wasn't that keen on the final third, but that criticism goes for alot of modern films.

I really liked most of it and as someone who loved the original films as a child, I'm confused as to some of the reviews I've read for this.

It's a love letter to the original films and not the film I feared it be from the trailer.

Edited by AtariLegend

I think this looks awesome but it’s making me laugh how it’s annoying everybody so much. The Trumpers are all ranting about how it’s a load of woke shite because the whole cast isn’t white and the wokies are crying themselves to sleep and wishing death on it because they’re still butthurt that 2016 Turdbusters bombed at the box office. 😂

This review is amazing. He’s practically crying into his kale smoothie. 

“Consider the casual cowardice of a script that uses its own mythology to subtly erase 2016’s all-gals reboot from the canon, giving the rage-choked trolls carpet-bombing IMDb with zero-star ratings the vindication they’ve always craved. ”

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2021/oct/11/ghostbusters-afterlife-jason-reitman-paul-rudd-review

Edited by Dazey
  • Haha 2

48 minutes ago, Dazey said:

I think this looks awesome but it’s making me laugh how it’s annoying everybody so much. The Trumpers are all ranting about how it’s a load of woke shite because the whole cast isn’t white and the wokies are crying themselves to sleep and wishing death on it because they’re still butthurt that 2016 Turdbusters bombed at the box office. 😂

This review is amazing. He’s practically crying into his kale smoothie. 

“Consider the casual cowardice of a script that uses its own mythology to subtly erase 2016’s all-gals reboot from the canon, giving the rage-choked trolls carpet-bombing IMDb with zero-star ratings the vindication they’ve always craved. ”

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2021/oct/11/ghostbusters-afterlife-jason-reitman-paul-rudd-review

All over a zany adventure movie about ghosts.

I might take my wife to see it next weekend.  I don't think she has any clue that they made another Ghostbusters film.  I'm wondering how I can get her into the theatre before she realizes she's trapped watching a movie about kids chasing ghosts.  

12 minutes ago, downzy said:

All over a zany adventure movie about ghosts.

I might take my wife to see it next weekend.  I don't think she has any clue that they made another Ghostbusters film.  I'm wondering how I can get her into the theatre before she realizes she's trapped watching a movie about kids chasing ghosts.  

It looks like Goonies crossed with Ghost Busters. What’s not to like? 

On my way in now. Will report back in two hours. 🤘

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/22/2021 at 5:46 AM, RussTCB said:

Just saw it. 

Cried. 

Twice. 

Great film. Gonna see it again asap. 

Saw it last night at the Australian premiere, as it doesn’t come out officially (and stupidly) until New Year’s Day here.

Anyway, I absolutely loved it.

Complete fan service, but fan service done right.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, metallex78 said:

Saw it last night at the Australian premiere, as it doesn’t come out officially (and stupidly) until New Year’s Day here.

Anyway, I absolutely loved it.

Complete fan service, but fan service done right.

That's exactly right. I have no problem with fan service when it's done right and I feel like this was exactly the way to do it. 

• Like 1