Has Izzy retired?

The guy is so unpredictable he could show up on the next leg of the tour and play a few shows he played a major part in GnR success in the 90s but he probably didn't like how big it got the gaps between gigs the big production,Axl's antics all the madness that goes with being in a big band he probably just wanted to play in some bar and go to the next one without a big fuss ,I doubt he's retired probably just doesn't want to play the fame game.

2 minutes ago, Bass Demom said:

The guy is so unpredictable he could show up on the next leg of the tour and play a few shows he played a major part in GnR success in the 90s but he probably didn't like how big it got the gaps between gigs the big production,Axl's antics all the madness that goes with being in a big band he probably just wanted to play in some bar and go to the next one without a big fuss ,I doubt he's retired probably just doesn't want to play the fame game.

as many others have pointed out he has never had a problem with touring big or small - he just doesn't like axl being a tyranical dictator a la ayatollah along with the squandering of the band's earnings 

1 hour ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

as many others have pointed out he has never had a problem with touring big or small - he just doesn't like axl being a tyranical dictator a la ayatollah along with the squandering of the band's earnings 

Izzys feelings about Axl were made crystal clear to me when he did that acoustic cover of Sunshine a couple years back, right when NITL was launching. 

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, shotsfired cro said:

he did pretty much 1991.

But do expect to see him back once tix sales begin going down and new record will have to be made.

Is it coincidental that the only post reunion single was Shadow and not any CD left over.

The single was an AFD era left over meant to promote an AFD boxed set.... 

2 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

14 hours ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

He wanted Velvet Revolver to tour in a van. Yeah, he has an issue with size and scope. It’s noted as fact. You’re misguided. 

Edited by The Holographic Universe

On 12/13/2019 at 7:25 AM, The Holographic Universe said:

I recognize you have good “intentions”, but you got to recognize the narrative of Izzy is the most crucial member of the band. Even, in its current incarnation, Izzy is the most influential member. Thankfully, some of our more astute members on the forum have properly educated me on Izzy .

Lol, and who they might be?

8 hours ago, The Holographic Universe said:

He wanted Velvet Revolver to tour in a van. Yeah, he has an issue with size and scope. It’s noted as fact. You’re misguided. 

you're right i really need your guidance, if that's true whats the controversy, nothing wrong with cutting costs to increase profitability rather than create bunch of debt from the start 

also VR probably still would've survived a lot longer with IZ as the front man 

rather than trying to choke everyone that supports the classic band why don't you guide me on whats real music wise with the current incarnation and we'll have a listen 

oh but you can't because you are misguided '! ...get it?   

4 hours ago, ksks said:

Are you serious? And most importantly, have you read Duffs or Slashs books?

I read Slash's book, but don't know how much of that I take as fact considering Slash himself says that entire period of his life is a black hole in his mind ... Not sure what you're getting at though? Axl & Izzy called the shots Slash & Duff partied 

On 12/12/2019 at 3:58 AM, 2020_Intensions said:

I know he's released a couple songs past few years but do you think he's pretty much retired at this point? 

I think he's been semi retired since the mid 90s. Still releases bit of music, so he's active creatively but outside of that he's basically retired.

Short answer... who knows!?

an izzy biopic would be the most original thing of all of gnr - biggest recluse and biggest former rock star thats lived and not fucked up anymore living the clean under the radar life 

finding izzy it would be called  

start - axl finding izzy in LA 

middle gnr 91 quitting 

end - the recluse years 

Edited by double talkin jive mfkr

an izzy biopic would be the most original thing of all of gnr - biggest recluse and biggest former rock star thats lived and not fucked up anymore living the clean under the radar life 

finding izzy it would be called  

start - axl finding izzy in LA 

middle gnr 91 quitting 

end - the recluse years 

I would watch it just to see how they handled the Whizzy airplane incident. 

• Haha 1

We say things, just joking a bit , but don't mean literally. They all say stuff but they don't mean literally either.  Read between the lines                      1.... Izzy bailed, fans here say on VR. Truth is   he was invited in by Slash, Duff. Got in the writing process. He did not want a lead singer. Maybe that part was true. However he nor Duff can sing...for commercial success. Scot was perfect.  Izzy had a bad experience with a particular lead singer in the early 1990s. Izzy, fact, it seems has not played around with his soberity since facing jail time .By the way, Scot died of drug overdose. Slash was not clean n sober. I just read here,  Duff found Zanax during VR days.  Best for Izzy, VR just did not work out for him.      2.. He wanted to travel in a van. Play clubs with VR.  Not litteraly true. You really think, as a multimillionarie,  he and the other multimillionaries, wanted to be 5  smelly guys in a van.  A coach bus yes and a private one for each guy. Play clubs? No. House of Blues clubs, ok. No dives . No private, nice private areas, dressing , top notch security, no way. He did dive clubs in GnR early days before AFD.                                                                 3... He bailed on NITL.  Truth. Hey, funding did not work out. Should he have done it and been paud same as Melissa? No. Lol. YET, he  could not have been paid same as Slash, Axl, or even Duff. Deal fell through. No love lost.                              Retired? From touring and ever joining GnR, yes. 30 -35 years is too long to rekindle  the past.Duff,Slash click like clockwork with hired musicians after 4 years . NITL is a well oiled machine on autopilot. Retired from releasing his hobby of music no one buys,  probably. Retired from working whatever work he does: I assume investments, buying selling commercial property  for leasing, farming in Indiana, I dont know what, I guess not. He must do something for work , not for needing money really, but to move body, soul, and brain.                                                     4.  Izzy had no vision for GnR....he never really wanted the band to  get that big. Really, you think he wanted to be a drug dealer and drug addict,  poor eating from Salvation Army truck, living in a hole in the wall , playing dive clubs for enough for a McDonald's  and gas in a broke down van, lol. Truth, egos, drugs, Axl being insane, riots, big , and  the 5 guys lost control of GnR and themselves as the success came and stuff.            Izzy is enjoying his cushiony ,  safe,  rich life esp. now at middle age.    I wonder if they all think about how they started  and things and they did and escaped it all  by luck. The way they lived and to be where they are  financially now to live in safety, soberity, etc. is amazing. Their lives could have gone either way. Many L.A bands,  1980s were a dime a dozen.....people died, went to jail, went back home, made it in entertainment, and some might still be drug addicted, homeless, etc.

Edited by Amaya
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

sober semi/retired life but must a ok with izzy 

imagine the opposite wasted,bloated and retired from releasing new music! 

I honestly bet Izzy was relieved when they wouldn't split the money equally. Just makes it easier for him to sit home instead of going through the motions like the others have so far. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, RussTCB said:

I honestly bet Izzy was relieved when they wouldn't split the money equally. Just makes it easier for him to sit home instead of going through the motions like the others have so far. 

he certainly has kept his integrity as the nagging of the new album escalates into a demise 

• Like 2

On 2019-12-13 at 2:46 PM, UsedYourIllusion said:

I honestly think that Izzy just goes with the wind, whatever he wants to do; something to be envious of.

Just call him the breeze ;)

https://open.spotify.com/album/1HkTQQnp7gSuF5KpNkcCcm

He certainly has lost that hot stream of creative fire somewhere around 2010 or so, but the magic is still there.