The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

Well, I know we've had a bunch of these threads previously but I can't easily find the last one and we have new information now.

So last we heard Slash said that they only had a few SA dates this year but would be really working on a new album.

Now they've announced some extra dates as well as a whole European leg.  

Were does this leave us in terms of new music?  Do you think a surprise album is actually ready to drop soon?  Or has the can been kicked further down the road?

I'm personally excited about getting an Irish show next year but I imagine that means nothing new for some time, all things considered... :lol:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Flake said:

Just a guess or did you hear something?

I dont have any inside info, Fernando did confirm new album on Reddit, and all signs are pointing to it. Surely the lable wants to cash-in in this mediocrity now that the AFD re-release is well behind us.

• Haha 1

This is it. If they are going to tour again with nostalgia only, I will turn like Luke Skywalker in The Last Jedi. Meaning i've always been very positive and hopefull towards this band, but lately i've been losing my optimism and hope. Huge fan is also starting to think about this band as a joke..

Please GNR, restore my faith!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, sofine11 said:

People are joking and scoffing about it, but honestly, in my opinion it's now or never.  As in a March/April release is either happening, or this band (namely Axl) has no real intention of putting out an album, probably ever.  

That's about as close to "optimism" as I can get right now.

Maybe I'm a mug, but I actually believe it's going to happen. All the signs are there. 

I thought when we heard Axl sounding pretty polished this year from show one of the last run that he must've been recording.

I feel quietly confident we're going to get an album next year.

Edited by Towelie
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Towelie said:

Maybe I'm a mug, but I actually believe it's going to happen. All the signs are there. 

I thought when we heard Axl sounding pretty polished from show one of the last run of shows that he must've been recording.

Alright let's go optimistic. You think we'll get some appetite sound? Or a mixture of VR/SMKC/IZZY and CD sound? 

8 minutes ago, Towelie said:

I thought when we heard Axl sounding pretty polished this year from show one of the last run that he must've been recording.

Same here. Cautiously optimistic is where I'm at.  Slash's interview today should be awfully telling.  And who knows, he may just drop a bomb on that front.

They supposedly wrapped the "Not in this Lifetime" tour. Conventional wisdom would suggest a new album is imminent prior to the new tour.

However, this is Guns N' Roses. So more tour dates and no new record. Maybe 2021. *sigh*

Edited by GnR Chris

2 minutes ago, GnR Chris said:

Do you have a screenshot or link?

It was on GNR's reddit. There's a thread for that I think on this forum too.

Actually I think that the biggest clue is that Jarmo said that "that's still the plan" referring to that quote. Also that this new tour is not being called NITL. I don't expect much from Slash's interview today, but we'll see. There seems to be a lot of rumours and smoke pointing in that direction.

If by February we don't have anything announced then March/April is not possible.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, GnR Chris said:

They supposedly wrapped the "Not in this Lifetime" tour. Conventional wisdom would suggest a new album is imminent prior to the new tour.

You're right, however, conventional wisdom does not exist in this dojo...And striking while the iron's hot hasn't been a thing for this band since 1991. 

I invite Slash to prove me wrong and announce the next album during his interview today.

Edited by sofine11

10 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

It makes no difference to me what Fernando or Jarmo said. That's not a shot at either of those guys. I just believe anything in the GN'R world until I see if for myself. With regard to an album, nothing will matter to me until I'm actually holding it. 

How do you hold streams? :)

What worries me is it doesn't make sense to drop a new album then leave the United States to go tour Europe. No offense to Europe. But seems like the band would align a new record with a new North American tour. Or do bands usually wait for the record to get out there and get airplay? I don't know.

Edited by GnR Chris
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Coma16 said:

No, I'm not psycho... lol

Neither was the Fall 2019 tour, until it was... :shrugs:

They can call this the 2020 Banana Tour, and if there's no new album to support it with it will all mean fuck all.

Edited by sofine11
  • Sad 1

29 minutes ago, GnR Chris said:

What worries me is it doesn't make sense to drop a new album then leave the United States to go tour Europe. No offense to Europe. But seems like the band would align a new record with a new North American tour. Or do bands usually wait for the record to get out there and get airplay? I don't know.

Tours for the last few albums have started outside the US.