The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

6 hours ago, TMAC20 said:

All new songs - Axls lyrics and Slash and Duff writing all the music 

Axl can take his vox from The solo album he made and copy and paste them to the song 

As bad as Axl voice is now I don’t think the studio can magic him up but I won’t surprised if he kills it in the studio either 

I don’t wanna hear any songs that structured in Axls solo project style 

Biggest Question I have - Can Axl sing good enough right now to make a Record - My answer after seeing NITL 4 times is no but there is always a but - Axl isn’t a great singer for no reason - he has got the chops but have they burned out like him 

At worst like I said we get copy and paste -Pro Tools Axl 

No need to worry about Slash - It is proven he is the man 

We will get a record in April 

When it comes to what axl will sound like in the studio. I got 3 words for you son. Rock The Rock.

Concert Axl and studio Axl are two different cases. Rock the Rock sounds good. And he was killing it in 2016, especially with AC. If he gives his throat a rest (!), he can sound as awesome as expected imo. 

I really wonder what they're gonna pull out next year. It could be that they'll start with some more usual stuff in January/spring and progressively add new material as the record finalization approaches. 

Edited by jamillos

16 minutes ago, jamillos said:

Concert Axl and studio Axl are two different cases. Rock the Rock sounds good. And he was killing it in 2016, especially with AC. If he gives his throat a rest (!), he can sound as awesome as expected imo. 

I really wonder what the're gonna pull out next year. It could be that they'll start with some more usual stuff in January/spring and progressively add new material as the record finalization approaches. 

And with Rock the Rock, Axl even went the extra effort to do the low background vocals. Granted, the song didn't require a lot of range from Axl, but it still sounds great.

1 minute ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

And with Rock the Rock, Axl even went the extra effort to do the low background vocals. Granted, the song didn't require a lot of range from Axl, but it still sounds great.

What's also important is that he's flawlessly handled the middle mild position with rasp, which he hasn't really been doing since 2010. That means whatever new songs may come, it will sound like Axl. 

On 14/12/2019 at 5:14 PM, KeyserSoze said:

I've been heavily into the Pearl Jam community the past couple of years. Lucky for me, as soon as I got into that band they stopped touring as often as they used too haha.. not. 

Anyway, rarely do my Pearl Jam and Guns N' Roses worlds cross over (besides the fact that Dave Abruzzese could have been in GNR... no seriously look it up) but when they do its always interesting. 

According to a massive PJ insider, Pearl Jam was actually supposed to headline GNR's spot at Pinkpop, the Netherlands biggest music festival, but within the last couple of weeks, probably while GNR were finalizing their schedule, Pearl Jam were removed and Guns N' Roses were guaranteed the spot. How did Pearl Jam react? They added a show at the end of the tour in Amsterdam. That one sold out, so they added a second one. THAT one sold out. 

My point in saying all of this: How and WHY did Pinkpop tell Pearl Jam, a band with so much Pinkpop history (92, 00, 18) , guaranteed fanbase/ticket sales, and an impending album on the way that they weren't going to headline and give the gig to GNR? 

Easy. 

GNR and their management have something to sell. When you're dealing with talent-buying and festival management, you don't just pull the plug on a plan unless there is a better one in place.

Axl, Slash, Duff on the same recording for the first time since 1991.

A new album. 

"the next f'n chapter starts now" 

This is what sold that show to those promoters. And by god, this, hard school on the setlist, and Fernandos most likely intoxicated comments when he found out what Reddit was (welcome to 2019) are the only fucking shards of hope that i'm holding on to. 

That's awesome! i've become a PJ fan recently too. Their pinkpop 92 concert is one hell of a performance. They were really passionate. Also, Eddie's stage dive 😍 GNR better provide sonething great.

On another note, Eddie and Axl has kinda similar background with real dad/step dad situation. Axl's dads were total assholes though. PJ's alive trilogy about this topic is a grunge masterpiece.

Edited by Zinia_29

I am optimistic that new material will drop this year...but lets be realistic it aint gonna be a new album.

2 singles MAYBE a 6 song EP like "Lies" that will have live songs or covers on it aswel....

But i do think the fact that Slash and Duff being back in the band will push it to happen...if it was left up to Axl all his material would die in his vault🙄

Slash n Duff between themselves have released 10 albums to Axls 1 since leaving the band...13 if you include Loaded and thats not to mention the other various appearances on songs etc.....they will get us new material dropped 🤘🏽🤘🏽🤘🏽 

Edited by Jaygnr

8 hours ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

Is it real fact that Rock the Rock was recorder "recenlty"? I mean, that's Axl we're talking about and he could have recorded that for example in 2010 and for some reason (Guns N' Roses reason) it was released years ahead with new animation? :D

26 minutes ago, ThePreacher said:

Is it real fact that Rock the Rock was recorder "recenlty"? I mean, that's Axl we're talking about and he could have recorded that for example in 2010 and for some reason (Guns N' Roses reason) it was released years ahead with new animation? :D

@Gambit83 interviewed the two writers of the episode and the recording happened in 2017, IIRC. You should give it a listen ;) 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

If Axl re-records takes from the early CR era with the current state of his vocals then I will be forever convinced the man is delusion and is so far up his own arse that he can’t be saved.

I hope he re-records vocals. Says he is isn't living in the past and is accepting his voice and that he is older as a fuck you to the haters.

So here's the absolute best case scenario I see for fans:

GNR drops a surprise new album on streaming the day of the show, 01/31. Then of course begins playing cuts from it at the show that night. 

Second best scenario:

GNR plays the 01/31 show, busts out with a new song, which is then used during promo for the actual game. Then a commerical airs during the game announcing the new album is coming. 

I know neither of those things are going to happen, but I wanted to dream for a minute. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

GNR drops a surprise new album on streaming the day of the show, 01/31. Then of course begins playing cuts from it at the show that night. 

Second best scenario:

GNR plays the 01/31 show, busts out with a new song, which is then used during promo for the actual game. Then a commerical airs during the game announcing the new album is coming. 

I know neither of those things are going to happen, but I wanted to dream for a minute. 

Like I said before, at this point the element of surprise is about the best we can hope for, so I think the above sounds great and is as good as anything they could/would/should actually do.

Jarmo's continued optimism about an album in March has me, at the very least, curious. He tours with the band, probably checks in somewhat regularly with Fernando, etc. So despite how some people around here feel about him, that shouldn't be disregarded outright. 

Edited by sofine11
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Second best scenario:

Sounds great, both scenarios.

Oh god, please don't let the album be shit.

3 hours ago, El Guapo said:

Sounds great, both scenarios.

Oh god, please don't let the album be shit.

I really don't think a new album (CD leftovers or not) would suck. It's just a matter or Axl getting around to releasing something that's the challenge. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I really don't think a new album (CD leftovers or not) would suck. It's just a matter or Axl getting around to releasing something that's the challenge. 

It would more than likely be amazing.  Which is why, if it doesn't materialize, it will be that much more baffling and disappointing. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Second best scenario:

There’s not enough money in recorded music to buy ad space during the SB. Not gonna happen even if the band wanted it. I doubt there’s even that much of a marketing budget total these days 

Surprise release of a single/ep I could see. However albums are just glorified promotional vehicles for touring/merch these days.

I don’t see any release until a US tour is on the horizon again 

7 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

When I was listening to the recent leaks, my girl asked me, "What if there is a new Guns N' Roses album and you don't like it?" I was like, that's literally fuckin' impossible. And I mean it. I just don't think it's possible I'd dislike a new GNR record as long as Axl is involved. The leaks are fire. 

• Like 3

I dunno. I know album's aren't shit compared to what they used to be...But this is the first (true) GNR record since Bush Sr. was in the fucking White House, and that was the album with November Rain, YCBM, Don't Cry, etc.  That's a pretty damn big deal and, I imagine, worth hardcore promoting. 

Edited by sofine11

36 minutes ago, guitarpatch said:

There’s not enough money in recorded music to buy ad space during the SB. Not gonna happen even if the band wanted it. I doubt there’s even that much of a marketing budget total these days 

Surprise release of a single/ep I could see. However albums are just glorified promotional vehicles for touring/merch these days.

I don’t see any release until a US tour is on the horizon again 

There are a lot of music related ads in the Super Bowl ever year.

Also, the last few GNR albums were released while the band was touring outside the US, so what does a US tour have to do with anything? 

If the ad budget and scale of marketing they carried out for the US tour in 2016 is any indication they will pull out all stops. 

It seemed as though in the run up to those initial tour dates they had every form of marketing and advertising at their disposal and it was seemingly popping up on everything in the cities and areas in which they played.