The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

27 minutes ago, Lethalis said:

So yeah... my expectations of a new GNR album are also very low. First, I don't believe it will ever see the light of day... but even if it does, there is a chance I won't like it as much as I want to.

My expectations are moderately 50/50.

if they are working on something, the big 3 know that it has to live up to the legacy of 86-91. that’s probably what’s taking time........getting it right.

with slash’s guitar chops and axls writing abilities I’m expecting an awesome single in 2020, then let the rest of the music speak for itself.

Edited by megaguns1982

Also have very low expectations.. I didn't like how Axl sounded on a lot f CD and he's far worse now.  I didn't like the musical direction of CD.. No idea where is head is at now in regards to musical direction.. Izzy will be missed.. The chemistry between him and Slash cannot be matched.. Aside from a few songs one of the biggest downfalls of the UYI records was the lack of Izzy in the mix.. Not a fan of Fortus and Melissa so the thought of them on the album is a turnoff in itself.. Don't care for Franks drumming either but he might be adequate in the studio... I am honestly indifferent as to whether they release an album or not.. If they do, I will check it out.. But if it is going to suck, I would rather them just leave it alone..

In my opinion, each of the last albums these guys released were the worst of their careers.. CD, Living The Dream and Tenderness... Yuck....

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Also have very low expectations.. I didn't like how Axl sounded on a lot f CD and he's far worse now.  I didn't like the musical direction of CD.. No idea where is head is at now in regards to musical direction.. Izzy will be missed.. The chemistry between him and Slash cannot be matched.. Aside from a few songs one of the biggest downfalls of the UYI records was the lack of Izzy in the mix.. Not a fan of Fortus and Melissa so the thought of them on the album is a turnoff in itself.. Don't care for Franks drumming either but he might be adequate in the studio... I am honestly indifferent as to whether they release an album or not.. If they do, I will check it out.. But if it is going to suck, I would rather them just leave it alone..

In my opinion, each of the last albums these guys released were the worst of their careers.. CD, Living The Dream and Tenderness... Yuck....

Oh, OK, cool. 'Cause you didn't like those records, I guess GNR shouldn't release anything because it may not be up your standards. Ha! It isn't like a terrible album is gonna ruin the legacy that's already there. Same as a myriad of lineup changes never did. Chinese is as good as anything GNR has put out short of Appetite, which I consider the greatest rock and roll record ever.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

If they are just going to rework CD II, we should at least get a Red Panda box set with all the original versions before Slash shits all over Robin's work. And can you imagine what Melissa would do with Pitman's parts? Chills (not the good kind!).

I would LOVE to get a set of "GNR, 1995 - 2007". All of the stuff everyone worked on that's never been released. I'd buy that in a heartbeat. 

• Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

12 minutes ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

If they are just going to rework CD II, we should at least get a Red Panda box set with all the original versions before Slash shits all over Robin's work. And can you imagine what Melissa would do with Pitman's parts? Chills (not the good kind!).

but why would Axl want to have 2 versions of the same tunes released? isn't it more probable he'll want to have 1 official version of it rerecorded by the current lineup? it just wasn't his approach until now, there was always 1 version of an official release that represented the material except live releases. Not saying it wouldn't be great cause I'd love to hear the original version of CD ll but it would just dilute the catalog in a way at least if it's released before a Guns album with Slash on it but probably also after imo.

2 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

I agree, Tenderness and LTD are massive turds, CD is what it is, at least it's not boring. 

2 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

Listening to Rock the Rock gauges how his current vocals would probably hold up. It was okay, but very, very different than any other Axl studio vocals. The magic and what brought me into his voice originally with Appetite was almost nonexistent once I looked past the novelty of the song. I very much worry how a new album would sound if Axl were to record new vocals.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Listening to Rock the Rock gauges how his current vocals would probably hold up. It was okay, but very, very different than any other Axl studio vocals. The magic and what brought me into his voice originally with Appetite was almost nonexistent once I looked past the novelty of the song. I very much worry how a new album would sound if Axl were to record new vocals.

.... which is probably why he's going to use 20yr old vocal takes for songs like Hard School etc for the bulk of the record.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

"I'm ridin', I'm loading up my pistol, ooooooohwoooh." That's probably the best sound an engineer could get out of Axl nowadays. We'd be very lucky to get that, as it's been a while since the Bach al I'm.  😁

1 hour ago, Rovim said:

but why would Axl want to have 2 versions of the same tunes released? isn't it more probable he'll want to have 1 official version of it rerecorded by the current lineup? it just wasn't his approach until now, there was always 1 version of an official release that represented the material except live releases. Not saying it wouldn't be great cause I'd love to hear the original version of CD ll but it would just dilute the catalog in a way at least if it's released before a Guns album with Slash on it but probably also after imo.

I'm not saying it's the sensible thing to do, just the right thing to do. Slash is butchering CD songs left and right. At least us CD fans still have the original to go back to, but as of right now there are CD II songs we may never hear in their original form. 

Edited by ShadowOfTheWave

20 minutes ago, Towelie said:

.... which is probably why he's going to use 20yr old vocal takes for songs like Hard School etc for the bulk of the record.

Which I’d prefer, especially considering how much I love the CD era. Still going to be awkward releasing an album with vocal takes I wasn’t even alive when were recorded and be very jarring live, but I’d be okay with. 

17 minutes ago, Gaanzer said:

"I'm ridin', I'm loading up my pistol, ooooooohwoooh." That's probably the best sound an engineer could get out of Axl nowadays. We'd be very lucky to get that, as it's been a while since the Bach al I'm.  😁

I’d hope that Axl’s studio technicians could do a better job than whatever the Looney Tunes crew have, but it wouldn’t surprise me if Axl released an album with takes like that because he thinks it sounds good and everyone around him tells him his voice is perfect. Not even saying Rock the Rock was bad vocally, it just doesn’t have any of Axl’s magic.

• Thanks 1