The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

6 minutes ago, fabrph5 said:

Slash Says Music Industry Changes Make Guns N' Roses 'Not Really Sure' About Next Album

These "excuses" are old and tiresome.  Yes, it has changed, FOR ALL ARTIST, but yet on these guys can seem to figure it out?  BS!  if they wanted to release music they would.  Maybe call green day, pearl jam , eminem, and on and on.  They will help you

Yeah, we've talked about this a lot recently. 

It's somehow always more difficult for GNR than any other band. Like others have mentioned, I think this is just Slash putting a public face on Axl's refusal to release new music. 

Every other artist finds a way to be successful in the changing climate, yet we're supposed to believe it's just different for GNR? Nah... It's just a BS line to use as an excuse because they don't want to release new music. 

• Like 3

This band is on fringe of committing the cardinal sin of being BORING. 

Slash is obviously just regurgitating whatever weak-ass lines he's being fed by Axl and Team Brazil in regard to why this album will not be released to coincide with the upcoming tour.  It makes them all look utterly retarded. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Yes the landscape has changed but the changes actually make it easier to release new music.  Gone are the days of having to satisfy the label and make concessions regarding content and sound direction.  They literally can do anything they want and release it on any one of the multitude of social media outlets.  I would think they could find a way to market a three song mini album on I tunes.  There would be plenty of hype and I’m sure they would still sell pretty damn good.  They could easily do this three or four times over the next couple years.  It would generate some interest in the band and please the hardcore fans. They are not going to get a 14M Best Buy deal anymore, but they still can find a way to get something out there quickly.  I really think at this point they just don’t give a damn.  I would think Axl would still want to create and prove that they still can put out some great material, but I guess not. 

I think that my heart would stop for a few seconds if I saw a sudden release of something with Axl and Slash...

I know Izzy and Duff are a great part of the GnR we all love...but just imagine something out of the blue with this 2 guys. 

I can remember when I first listened to Back in the Saddle with Baz and the feeling of listening something new with Axl is impossible for me to put into words.

I know it's just music but these are feelings I can't handle hahaha

• Like 1

About a year ago in Europe they had all sorts of concert audios up on their channel. Perkins Palace, one of the Japan 1988, Deercreek, Chile were all there, and plenty more with it that I can't remember. They all got taken down though soon after I found them, not sure why, or why they're being reuploaded.

It's similar to its Google Play. I use Spotify now so don't know if it's still a thing, but a few years ago you could find plenty of bootleg concerts on their official GNR page. on Google Play

Edited by registra
  • Like 1

Maybe because all these are not bootlegs like audience recordings, for example. They were either official radio broadcasts or pro-shots by the band.

It would be nice (and common sense, really) if they finally put at least the pro-shots that have been on youtube for years (Indiana, Chicago, Oklahoma etc) on their official channel.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, sofine11 said:

I'm literally scared for how this place is going to look come Saturday morning. 

Yeah.... I'm worried about that too. The only "defense" anyone could possibly have for the band if nothing happens is "....but 'all new show' didn't apply to this show!" 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1