The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

14 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

I agree to a point, but a large amount of post 2000 RHCP is utter garbage!!

Woah, their quality from Californication to Stadium Arcadium (Frusciante's second tenure) was phenomenal.

2011's "I'm With You" with Josh Klinghoffer on guitar was average, but the B-sides compilation "I'm Beside You" is miles better. Their 2016 album was pretty good, though.

Although now Frusciante has rejoined the band, I've got very high hopes for their next album.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, MildlyArtistic said:

Woah, their quality from Californication to Stadium Arcadium (Frusciante's second tenure) was phenomenal.

2011's "I'm With You" with Josh Klinghoffer on guitar was average, but the B-sides compilation "I'm Beside You" is miles better. Their 2016 album was pretty good, though.

Although now Frusciante has rejoined the band, I've got very high hopes for their next album.

I would just say that RHCP is one fantastic band, from the beginings in 80-ies until The Getaway... every album had its own spirit and story (just read Anthony's book).

I just still didnt get in the groove with the gateway, just do not feel it but it is really different and I will give a few more listens

35 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

If anything I would say it’s their early 80s stuff (pre-Frusciante) and mid 90s stuff (Navarro era) that is “utter garbage,” but nonetheless, the point still stands that sometimes quantity doesn’t equal quality. In that regard, I agree with you.

30 minutes ago, MildlyArtistic said:

20 minutes ago, dragan1978 said:

I would just say that RHCP is one fantastic band, from the beginings in 80-ies until The Getaway... every album had its own spirit and story (just read Anthony's book).

I just still didnt get in the groove with the gateway, just do not feel it but it is really different and I will give a few more listens

Clearly it’s just my opinion - and not a popular one it seems....😂. That’s cool - there has been the odd gem but other than that - not for me. Pre-2000 was much better for me although again I’m in the minority I think when I say I like One Hot Minute! Warped is such a great tune.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

Clearly it’s just my opinion - and not a popular one it seems....😂. That’s cool - there has been the odd gem but other than that - not for me. Pre-2000 was much better for me although again I’m in the minority I think when I say I like One Hot Minute! Warped is such a great tune.

There’s a few songs from that album that I like; Aeroplane, My Friends, Walkabout, One Big Mob... Coffee Shop is weird, but it grows on you.

10 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

There’s a few songs from that album that I like; Aeroplane, My Friends, Walkabout, One Big Mob... Coffee Shop is weird, but it grows on you.

“Take me to the Coffee shop....”!

1 minute ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

pretty obvious this topics dead and dead for a long while 

There has been 3 pages of discussion in this topic the past 3 days, if GNR are not gonna release new music might as well have a pointed topic we can reflect upon it lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WhazUp said:

There has been 3 pages of discussion in this topic the past 3 days, if GNR are not gonna release new music might as well have a pointed topic we can reflect upon it lol

glad theres a good chat rolling but sometimes its better to be realistic, there hasn't been one inkling that there will ever be a new album 

its done over

10 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

Out of boredom, I decided to try to count the number of songs this band has officially released:

AFD=12, Lies=7, UYI=29, TSI=13, Live Era=1, End of Days=1, GH=1, ChiDem=14, AFDem=4 (Motivation, Another Brick in the Wall, Objectify, and The Seeker), and Locked N Loaded=7 (SOYL, Rosie, Heartbreak Hotel, Jumpin Jack, The Plague, New World Tune, and Aint Goin Down).

So 89 songs (26 of which are covers).

Compare that to RHCP (which officially formed just a couple of years earlier), who have around 230 officially-released songs (give or take a few).

This is why a new album would be nice. But if it doesn’t happen, then so be it.

This is frustrating bcz Axl has one of the largest vocal ranges ever and didn't even release 100 songs.

5 minutes ago, AxlSlashthebest said:

yes but we aheve (or I have) nothing to do . 15 days at home and it's gonna be 30 or 45 days so let's dream and speak about this album who exist....or not !!

Exactly. I'm not sure why people have problems with people posting on this thread. It's not like it's taking away something or shifting focus from something else going on.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, MidnightToker said:

And in a much shorter span of time, SMKC has released 46 original songs: 

Slash (Starlight & Back From Cali) - 2
Apocalyptic Love - 15 including the two bonus tracks
World on Fire - 17
Living The Dream - 12

So the problem is not Slash...

Oh thanks for that, I thought it was Slash. Maybe it is Axl? Nah... 😂

18 hours ago, Uncle Bob said:

Worldwide economy is going to be terrible after the virus. Gn'R missed a huge chance of making huge sales with a new album. They will never have an opportunity like this ever again

Good! That’s what they get for dragging ass.  

• Like 1

Just now, Rovim said:

yes, it's different for Gn'R. When other artists like Trent Reznor can simply release regular records, Axl's musical vision is so complex, the years of delays are actually required for him to dumb it down for us. (so our faces won't literally melt like those Nazis in Indiana Jones)

Ah....ok, I sincerely appreciate the explanation. I can tell that you took time and thought seriously with regard to an answer. It helps to aviod any... 

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Wait..........what?? But there's SO many reasons to not release new music right now! How are nine inch nails able to accomplish this sorcery?? 

Maybe he just  wants to release new music with no intention of touring to promote it :shrugs:

1 minute ago, Sydney Fan said:

Maybe he just  wants to release new music with no intention of touring to promote it :shrugs:

Haha, I know. I was poking fun at the million made up reasons why GNR supposedly can never release new music.