The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

10 hours ago, El Guapo said:

Too little, too late. If they drop a half assed live album it will bomb hard.

Yeah, especially if it's mixed like the Selects. It would need to be really top notch production.

But honestly a NITL live album now is too late. Should've come out 2 years ago.

10 hours ago, Free Bird said:

I hope they won't have writing credits on songs like this, based on OMG.

In fact, I hope they won't waste any time with CD era stuff at all and release a real GNR record instead.

I agree

• Like 2

I'm glad no one here is buying that there will be a new GnR album on November 25th. Some people on social media are giving in to the hyperbole. You can have this as a promise from a knowledgeable man in the UK (me) Gnr are far too incompetent to be able to sneak a surprise release. They can't even achieve 'a' release, let alone a surprise release. They are managed by Fernando, not Sir Alex Ferguson.

Enjoy your 2020 and keep berating GnR and all members for the lack of new music! I know fernando loves seeing his twitter feed full of new music requests so let's get to work! 

If there was a 2020 release planned, there'd have to be some teasing and hype going on - trailers, singles etc. - like AC/DC have been doing. Why would they just let the whole thing suddenly come out of the woodwork, makes no sense. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Italian girl said:

why do people believe that  november the 25th will be the "D-day"?

Oh some attention seeking loser mocked up a very fake looking press release for a new album with that date on and all the song titles blacked out (why if you were leaking it you'd choose to blank out the titles is beyond me).

It couldn't be more amateur and fake looking if it tried. It's done the rounds before, now it's doing it again, and the very vulnerable/clueless out there believe it may be genuine. 

Roll on November 25th so the damn thing never does the rounds again. 

Edited by allwaystired
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, jamillos said:

If there was a 2020 release planned, there'd have to be some teasing and hype going on - trailers, singles etc. - like AC/DC have been doing. Why would they just let the whole thing suddenly come out of the woodwork, makes no sense. 

It's utterly ludicrous to think something is coming which isn't getting any promotional push. People claim 'oh, well so and so did a surprise release', which is true of course, but they forget those artists operate in a totally different manner- largely that they all have steady streams of new material and fanbases cultivated around that. GNR and a label not wanting to do a full release, with all the build up and hype for a release, is nearly unthinkable. As you say, it would make zero sense and achieve nothing but a cannibalism of any invested income and expenditure. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JimiRose said:

I'm glad no one here is buying that there will be a new GnR album on November 25th. Some people on social media are giving in to the hyperbole. You can have this as a promise from a knowledgeable man in the UK (me) Gnr are far too incompetent to be able to sneak a surprise release. They can't even achieve 'a' release, let alone a surprise release. They are managed by Fernando, not Sir Alex Ferguson.

Enjoy your 2020 and keep berating GnR and all members for the lack of new music! I know fernando loves seeing his twitter feed full of new music requests so let's get to work! 

Now THAT would have been something to behold. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

GNR would have become the most prolific band in history - we’d be bemoaning there is too much music/quantity over quality...🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1

Needless to say though, F’nando has no say in the band’s record releasing. At the most, he may push some videos – if and only if Axl feels like it – but that’s all. His realm is the merchandize. What he could do in the meantime though is tuning his PR skills, meaning mainly communication with the fans. 
However, flooding his social media with complaints and requests can’t harm anything, they deserve it anyway. 

It was a long time listening to the leaks, but yesterday I made a pretty good playlist and listened to it all and it was both pleasing and depressing. Its very good songs there, and there is songs there that the casuals dont even know exist. There was so much potential, but on one side we are wishing for completely new recordings and the other part wants to finish up a lot of these tracks that really have great potential.

Anyway, the playlist:

Chinese Democracy (2000 intentions demo)
Atlas Shrugged 
HardSchool
Perhaps
Catcher in the rye (Brian May version)
Oh my God
State of Grace
Oklahoma (instrumental)
Going Down (Full band w/Axl BV)
Elvis and the monster of Soul (Instrumental)
Better (Dj Ashba remix) - (thats a hell of a song/version!!)
This I love (remix new vocals)
Goin down (Tommy demo)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, betterman said:

It was a long time listening to the leaks, but yesterday I made a pretty good playlist and listened to it all and it was both pleasing and depressing. Its very good songs there, and there is songs there that the casuals dont even know exist. There was so much potential, but on one side we are wishing for completely new recordings and the other part wants to finish up a lot of these tracks that really have great potential.

Anyway, the playlist:

Chinese Democracy (2000 intentions demo)
Atlas Shrugged 
HardSchool
Perhaps
Catcher in the rye (Brian May version)
Oh my God
State of Grace
Oklahoma (instrumental)
Going Down (Full band w/Axl BV)
Elvis and the monster of Soul (Instrumental)
Better (Dj Ashba remix) - (thats a hell of a song/version!!)
This I love (remix new vocals)
Goin down (Tommy demo)

That's one hell of a playlist. It's only missing Eye On You :D

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, axljungle said:

Better (Dj Ashba remix), are you crazy? He changed a hard-rock song in some type pop song. For me it's horrible, had nothing to do with the original.

Agree. Emo stuff just doesn’t do it for me. I know he was in the touring band for years, but he was never part of GnR in my opinion. 

7 hours ago, JimiRose said:

Enjoy your 2020 

Not sure I'm able to do that.

37 minutes ago, axljungle said:

Better (Dj Ashba remix), are you crazy? He changed a hard-rock song in some type pop song. For me it's horrible, had nothing to do with the original.

Agree. The song is amazing, but Ashba made it 100 times worse.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, axljungle said:

My Chemical Romance is how I'd describe it.

Terrible. I hated his guitar tone in general, but it really did make Better unlistenable for me despite Axl being great throughout 09/2010. I'm of the belief that the song hasn't been great since the 06/07 run.

• Like 1

Now that I think about it more, I don’t think the band has ever had any intentions of releasing HardSkool. I think they just soundchecked it a few times just because it leaked.

Shortly before covid, Fortus was asked about that song and he passively said “oh yeah, we soundchecked that song a few times.” If the plan was to actually release it at some point he woulda said something like “oh yeah! I can’t wait for people to hear that one!!”

Then there’s the case with Slash. In 2018/2019 he was saying stuff like “yeah Axl has a full album worth of material already” and/or “yeah it’s no secret that Axl has a ton of shit recorded from over the years.” But ever since covid started his comments have shifted more to stuff like “yeah I’ve been jamming and writing with Axl” and “yeah I’m writing new music for Guns.”

Theory Time: They seriously considered using the ChiDem leftovers at one point but then went “eh, fuck it!” And are now starting over from scratch.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Now that I think about it more, I don’t think the band has ever had any intentions of releasing HardSkool. I think they just soundchecked it a few times just because it leaked.

Shortly before covid, Fortus was asked about that song and he passively said “oh yeah, we soundchecked that song a few times.” If the plan was to actually release it at some point he woulda said something like “oh yeah! I can’t wait for people to hear that one!!”

Then there’s the case with Slash. In 2018/2019 he was saying stuff like “yeah Axl has a full album worth of material already” and/or “yeah it’s no secret that Axl has a ton of shit recorded from over the years.” But ever since covid started his comments have shifted more to stuff like “yeah I’ve been jamming and writing with Axl” and “yeah I’m writing new music for Guns.”

Theory Time: They seriously considered using the ChiDem leftovers at one point but then went “eh, fuck it!” And are now starting over from scratch.

.....or they were enthusiastic to be back in the band, and thought they could give it a real go as a real band again and have now lost that enthusiasm as they see things differently?

That's my take on it really. It was probably like that feeling you get when you've come back from holiday all full of momentum and how you're going to shake your life up, do new things, act like you did on holiday, then lose that momentum as the realities of life kick back in.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, allwaystired said:

.....or they were enthusiastic to be back in the band, and thought they could give it a real go as a real band again and have now lost that enthusiasm as they see things differently?

That's my take on it really. It was probably like that feeling you get when you've come back from holiday all full of momentum and how you're going to shake your life up, do new things, act like you did on holiday, then lose that momentum as the realities of life kick back in.

Good point, yeah. The “honeymoon” phase is over.

At this point id be happy with the UYI box and/or NITL bluray.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rocknroll41 said:

I’m sure there was a ton of old material done before the reunion that wouldn’t take much to re-re-record with the current players. And we know that Slash has been recording at Axl’s place. I mean, I guess it’s possible that something new was going to get released this year but I have zero faith or expectations until I’m holding the disc in my hands. 

22 minutes ago, DTV88 said:

I’m sure there was a ton of old material done before the reunion that wouldn’t take much to re-re-record with the current players. And we know that Slash has been recording at Axl’s place. I mean, I guess it’s possible that something new was going to get released this year but I have zero faith or expectations until I’m holding the disc in my hands. 

I'm sorry, but that theory that COVID preveted the band from release something doesn't make any sense. There's a ton of new music being released since March from a lot of artists, but then again people would say "why release something if they're not gonna be able to tour?", well GNR only properly toured ChiDem in 2010, after two years of it being released.

My theory is, since all those songs leaked: Atlas, Perhaps, Hardschool, there's no other "new" songs, and why bother to release something that's already out there and for free? Maybe they have "The General" and two / three other "finished" songs that are unheard yet.

The point is: they don't have a new record, Slash is releasing a new record in 2021 and is going to tour it. Forget it, let it go, there's nothing out there.

Edited by Legendador
  • Like 2