The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

Just saw an article from Slash saying he has done new GNR music and hopes it's released next year. Could this be true? Is Axl on board with this? I hope so, but not holding my breathe.

Axl seems to be like Trump, the man he hates, as he fucks up any idea for new music, so I do hope he's been writing new songs along with Duff and Slash or a new album won't happen next year or any other year.

Sorry Axl, but my faith has run out. We can't wait another 20 years for you to record and release new music. Many of us just won't be around by then.

16 hours ago, AxlSlashthebest said:

I'm more optimist as u ...it's gonna be a double album !!!!

OMG how cool would that be? CD2 as the first part “Seven” since it’s the 7th album with the title track Seven of course. Then the other part as being self titled with mostly new stuff or some reworked CD era stuff since there’s so much or perhaps some reworked ‘90s material with a few covers.

It is Christmas, so the time of miracles!

5 hours ago, Sweersa said:

OMG how cool would that be? CD2 as the first part “Seven” since it’s the 7th album with the title track Seven of course. Then the other part as being self titled with mostly new stuff or some reworked CD era stuff since there’s so much or perhaps some reworked ‘90s material with a few covers.

It is Christmas, so the time of miracles!

Greed is a mortal sin! 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/24/2020 at 4:53 PM, shepP said:

I'm even more optimistic than you.... it's going to be a triple album!!!!!

I remember a bit before the 2008 CD release, a guy impersonating a Harmonix employee he resembled (he was being interviewed about Shackler's Revenge) said that the upcoming GN'R release was going to be a simultaneous 4 albums.

https://www.cleveland.com/entertainment/2020/12/slashs-new-pinball-game-brings-concert-experience-to-guns-n-roses-fans-in-a-new-format.html

Can you spot the difference between 'there’s 20 songs and we’re gonna start back up next year' for SMKC and  'Duff (McKagan) and I did some jamming and we also worked on the Guns record'  for Guns? One is real, the other is wishful thinking.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, dgnr said:

https://www.cleveland.com/entertainment/2020/12/slashs-new-pinball-game-brings-concert-experience-to-guns-n-roses-fans-in-a-new-format.html

Can you spot the difference between 'there’s 20 songs and we’re gonna start back up next year' for SMKC and  'Duff (McKagan) and I did some jamming and we also worked on the Guns record'  for Guns? One is real, the other is wishful thinking.

If he meant what he said than there are three different things. The SMKC record is coming, we knew that before. 

"we also worked on the Guns record"... they work on something obviously, or worked on something. There are songs, if old or new, who knows? Should be the most interesting part for us, but... it's still on Axl, without him, no vocals, no production, no release. So nothing new, again.

But what's the Duff jamming about? I mean, he said it as these were two separate things. The jamming and the work on the Guns record. It could be misphrasing, but if not, maybe there's a new project born.

That's kind of interesting :shrugs:

7 minutes ago, megaguns1982 said:

My money is on slash and duff pressuring Axl to release a record, arguments ensue and they both quit again in a couple of years, no album comes and Gnr retires with no official announcement.

I hope you're wrong but sadly this is an entirely feasible outcome going by past behaviours.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, megaguns1982 said:

My money is on slash and duff pressuring Axl to release a record, arguments ensue and they both quit again in a couple of years, no album comes and Gnr retires with no official announcement.

This scenario is highly likely I think.

If they return to live shows with no announcement of new music then all hope is lost.

1 hour ago, gavgnr said:

My view is that Axl Rose has zero interest in putting out new music. There’s nothing more to it. This thread will still be going in 2030

I hope I'm wrong to but if it's the case for Axl then the 'jaming with Duff" could be a Kind of VR. For sure what he work with Duff can't be in SMKC. but u know I'm su F____ optimist !!!

4 hours ago, megaguns1982 said:

I don't think Slash would want an out in GN'R ever again. He needs that post divorce money. Hate to say it, but him and Duff may have become yes men to Axl. Pretty sure they talk shit behind him but it's a yes on everything he says.

I don't think Slash and Duff are starting a new project. Maybe just jamming for fun for future GnR ideas in case they're able to record more later. There's probably still no concrete plans for new GnR album, or nothing that they're willing to share yet. SMKC on the other hand, he's already got a plan for that.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, GoForJMark said:

I don't think Slash would want an out in GN'R ever again. He needs that post divorce money. Hate to say it, but him and Duff may have become yes men to Axl. Pretty sure they talk shit behind him but it's a yes on everything he says.

Yup - Slash and Duff are never quitting GNR again. If no new music is forthcoming then they can get their creative endeavours out elsewhere and ‘play for fun’ with GNR whilst earning gazillions. I think we will get new GNR stuff anyway so all is good but I think ‘the big 3’ are here to the bitter end now.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, DTJ80 said:

Yup - Slash and Duff are never quitting GNR again. If no new music is forthcoming then they can get their creative endeavours out elsewhere and ‘play for fun’ with GNR whilst earning gazillions. I think we will get new GNR stuff anyway so all is good but I think ‘the big 3’ are here to the bitter end now.

Same mindset buddy. Gotta keep the optimism alive. I think Duff and Slash's solo ventures keep them sane from Axl's procrastination creative wise. 

• Like 1