The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

10 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

Are you talking about the Selects? Those sounded horrific.

That's subjective, though. I personally didn't care for all of them either. But my argument was that some people are positive about it, and the poster I reacted to was claiming that the band hasn't done anything positive for their fans and that is simply not true.

5 hours ago, gavgnr said:

I think people should be able to post negative opinions, so long as they’re made in an adult and constructive way.

The concept of a messageboard is to discuss topics and express opinions. This can be both positive and negative. If you go to a show and didn't like it and you want to express that, it's perfectly normal to do that on here. If the band releases some merch that you find laughable and you feel the need to let others know about it, it's perfectly normal to express that sentiment on here. Personally I don't feel the need to express my negative thoughts all the time, but hey... everyone is wired differently and that's okay.

However, there are posters on here, who I have seen making the same complaint dozens of times. In numerous threads they repeat the exact same negativism. That I don't understand. It's like a kid who didn't get what they wanted for Christmas and then complain and whine all year long about it and grab every opportunity to express the same thing. I'm not sure those posters even realize how repetitive they have become. And when you try to explain that to them, some of them even get offended!

But, I started using the block function. I have no idea why I didn't use it before! For anyone who gets tired of scrolling through the same negativism, just put the worst ones of them on ignore. Hopefully this will provide for a more pleasant forum experience, at least for me.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bumcheecksmcghee said:

All i can say is lol....

Thankyou dead daisies for keeping rock albums going, plenty of albums out since chi dem.. And fun fact, slash played guitar on 1 track on first album, and fortus/reed/frank have all been either touring members or recorded in studio with the band. 

Prove me wrong team brazil...

Pry that epic state of grace and the general from axls cold, grumpy hands and share with the world... ✌😂😂

The earlier Dead Daisies albums aren't that great imo but the new one (with Glenn Hughes and Doug Aldrich) is amazing. Not a bad song on it and it blows all the earlier ones with Fortus/Dizzy out of the water.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

The earlier Dead Daisies albums aren't that great imo but the new one (with Glenn Hughes and Doug Aldrich) is amazing. Not a bad song on it and it blows all the earlier ones with Fortus/Dizzy out of the water.

I love em all... Jon stevens was a great first vocalist an local boy, and i thought corabi was good (as i actually prefer his vocals in crue for that 1 album) lol ?.. 

But yea at least its something... Where as this muppet is contained with appearances on scooby do so...?? Haha

• Like 1

If you take you're eye off the Dead Daisies for as much as a minute, there is a line up change! I remember watching an interview with Fortus and Dizzy about the time of first/second album,  then next time I saw an interview it was with Corabi and Marco Mendoza! And now Glenn Hughes is in there. How on earth they manage to continue to spit out albums with that many changes is beyond me.

18 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

damn right, the last dead daisies record is their best by far and the best rock record i head this year. Bassline is the catchiest rock tune out there! Glen killed it!!! and so did Doug

• Like 2

6 hours ago, 19AT5 said:

If you take you're eye off the Dead Daisies for as much as a minute, there is a line up change! I remember watching an interview with Fortus and Dizzy about the time of first/second album,  then next time I saw an interview it was with Corabi and Marco Mendoza! And now Glenn Hughes is in there. How on earth they manage to continue to spit out albums with that many changes is beyond me.

They didn't intend for it to be a set lineup always.

• Thanks 1

On 2/25/2021 at 3:44 PM, MaskingApathy said:

Revolucion > Holy Ground > Burn It Down > The Dead Daisies > Make Some Noise.

31 minutes ago, TheDemocracyRose said:

Fernando said we had nothing to worry about regarding new music this year... 🙃

Which (in Portuguese) kind of means, "don't keep waiting on it, when it happens, it happens".

What have we become my fellow GNR hardcore fans? A bunch of starving mules chasing a carrot!

What have we become?

LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIES!!!!!

Edited by Legendador
  • Like 2

The last time Fernando said some thing about GN'R releasing new music was when he claimed that a 30 year old demo was "new music. 

Unless it has to do with children's books, UYI sweaters or nite lights, I wouldn't put any stock into what Fernando has to say one way or the other. 

• Like 3

A friend of mine said the other day 'I thought GNR had split up again'......which makes me think whether that's the view people who aren't interested in the band have now? 

It also got me thinking- I wonder if in a lot of our minds they are sort of split up? With no activity going on whatsoever for over a year, and seemingly no prospect of it happening, it's only really the few shows that may happen that suggests they're still active. 

Are a band still active if they just get together and play some old songs every so often? 

I know some will say "obviously yes".....but, you know, these are boring times so I thought I'd throw the idea out for debate! 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, allwaystired said:

A friend of mine said the other day 'I thought GNR had split up again'......which makes me think whether that's the view people who aren't interested in the band have now? 

It also got me thinking- I wonder if in a lot of our minds they are sort of split up? With no activity going on whatsoever for over a year, and seemingly no prospect of it happening, it's only really the few shows that may happen that suggests they're still active. 

Are a band still active if they just get together and play some old songs every so often? 

I know some will say "obviously yes".....but, you know, these are boring times so I thought I'd throw the idea out for debate! 

it's all relative I suppose. The Conspirators for example, clearly function as an active band even if the main goal of the band is to rock hard on stage. So even if Slash takes his time with his new album, the updates, little clips of new music, and the promise of an album that you know will come out in the not so distant future, do make it feel at least for me that for Gn'R, the live show has become everything.

Their main product is celebration of nostalgia and now that they can't tour, the only thing left for them to do is to release something.

I feel like if Axl wanted to release old shit like the Perfect Crime doc or new-ish shit like an album or at least communicated with fans, a good bluray, anything of high quality, it wouldn't feel as dead as it feels right now cause there is almost literally nothing new to discuss.

Whatever is happening with Gn'R (could be interesting, could be relevant) Axl doesn't seem to want to share anymore and after the backlash with Chinese,  it's a shame that it seems like he's playing it safe so we really have no way of knowing how active this band is currently without the ability to tour.

Edited by Rovim

30 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

What if they break up again, Bucket and Brain return, they go back and finish what they started with the Village material and release a double album.

• Haha 1

Just now, Sweersa said:

What if they break up again, Bucket and Brain return, they go back and finish what they started with the Village material and release a double album.

Bucket didn't really want to do the Gn'R thing in the first place. Axl bribed him with a puppet. Top 10 Axl move, but I'm  grateful it happened cause it's not going to happen again.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

I'd be very much keen on that scenario! Not that it's remotely going to happen of course....but if it were to, it would be great. 

I do sometimes wonder if Slash was to leave again whether that would make new material more likely. Without him any draw they have as a nostalgia act is gone. 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1