The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

6 hours ago, allwaystired said:

If it happens at all......

I choose to believe it will at some point in this decade. No pressure. We'll get more live shows, maybe they'll play Hard School and introduce unplayed UYI tunes to the set and new covers/solo spots in the meantime, but if Axl didn't manage to release anything in 12 years, surely it must mean his process is slow and he won't release it until all the conditions are met for a new Guns album to see the light of day.

Once you accept there's nothing you can do to change this headstrong approach and that the rest of the band pretty much waits for Axl to be ready then it's easier to see how this works plus minimal interaction with fans and very few Axl interviews. Doesn't mean there is no real intention there to release what Dizzy called "a shitload of material". 

what if Axl sees the Guns catalog as unfinished business? I hope this is the case and it gives him the motivation to end it at least with Slash and Duff in the band, just seems appropriate.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

With his own band, Slash makes definitive statements. "We have 20 songs." With GNR, it's vague "working on" or "we've got a bunch of stuff going on." It's never something like: "We've written 30 original songs and we're trying to narrow it down to the final 12 that will be on the next record."

I mean, just comparing the way he talks about the Conspirators vs GNR, you can tell there's jack shit going on in GNR world.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, GnR Chris said:

With his own band, Slash makes definitive statements. "We have 20 songs." With GNR, it's vague "working on" or "we've got a bunch of stuff going on." It's never something like: "We've written 30 original songs and we're trying to narrow it down to the final 12 that will be on the next record."

I mean, just comparing the way he talks about the Conspirators vs GNR, you can tell there's jack shit going on in GNR world.

Gnr they could have a thousand instrumentals but how many vocals has Axl done. Probably shit all.

SMKC they all mostly work together and slash can be more specific. He knows how many complete songs they have written and have demos for.

On 4/16/2021 at 5:14 PM, allwaystired said:

Yeah I think so too- everything is speculation. I'm struggling to think of examples where anyone has actually said they are recording with GNR, rather than something evasive like 'jamming' or 'playing with ideas'. 

I could be wrong here, but I think everything is just people taking something and running with it.

I'm not sure what this documentation is. Any examples you can think of? 

Just from memory, it was out there that Slash had been recording stuff at Axl's home-studio.  Shortly after that Sue mentioned that they guys were in the process of "fastidiously" recording for the next record.  I don't think she was making that up.  Now again, none of this means an album is coming soon.  Cuz, you know, Axl.  But I guess it's better than them not having recorded anything to date.

• Like 3

On 4/18/2021 at 8:45 PM, Rovim said:

I choose to believe it will at some point in this decade. No pressure. We'll get more live shows, maybe they'll play Hard School and introduce unplayed UYI tunes to the set and new covers/solo spots in the meantime, but if Axl didn't manage to release anything in 12 years, surely it must mean his process is slow and he won't release it until all the conditions are met for a new Guns album to see the light of day.

Once you accept there's nothing you can do to change this headstrong approach and that the rest of the band pretty much waits for Axl to be ready then it's easier to see how this works plus minimal interaction with fans and very few Axl interviews. Doesn't mean there is no real intention there to release what Dizzy called "a shitload of material". 

what if Axl sees the Guns catalog as unfinished business? I hope this is the case and it gives him the motivation to end it at least with Slash and Duff in the band, just seems appropriate.

Aye, I mean i think the real world outside of GNR forums will have stopped caring if a 65 Axl Rose decides to release his next over produced masterpiece after a 19 year recording gap. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 19AT5 said:

Aye, I mean i think the real world outside of GNR forums will have stopped caring if a 65 Axl Rose decides to release his next over produced masterpiece after a 19 year recording gap. 

maybe but that's irrelevant to me as it won't take away from the personal experience of listening to a new Gn'R album.

• Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

3 hours ago, 19AT5 said:

I guess the majority of the real world already has stopped caring. And that includes the majority of people who fill stadiums these days.

Nah, Covid covers everything now. For a lot of people, the band had been touring, then this understandable gap happened, and they've basically haven't had any time to record a new album cause of the touring. The gaps between individual touring legs were used as a rest. So in general, they haven't had time to do any serious work, as the musicians must have spent a lot of time in quarantine, so what on Earth are we asking from the band, right? 

And I'd bet this is, at least partially, how the band itself sees it, acting accordingly. 

They should restart the tour after this lockdown in a small venue, maybe the troubadour, presenting a new album with a couple of new songs, to create the hype again...

i know it's not 2016 anymore and the hype could not live up with the hype they created back then. but at least it would be s.th. different, as touring the way they do...

Edited by ZODIAC
  • Like 1

On 4/18/2021 at 2:45 PM, Rovim said:

I think this is honestly the most reasonable outlook a GNR fan can have at this point, and agree completely.  As in, if it happens, awesome.  Will be a cool surprise whenever that announcement comes, if ever.  If not, it is what it is.  The 2016-17 hype has cooled way down, and on top of that is the undeniable way the pandemic has fucked up the music scene. So there's never going to be a scenario where it's commercially viable, no matter how great it is.  Axl's gonna be 60 next year, and the others aren't far behind.  It's literally something that would be a huge deal for GNR fans, and that's about it.  

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

The "next album" has been ready for over ten years.

Any "work" on it will be adding contributions by newer members, probably akin to Bumble and Frank's bits on the 2008 album. I doubt any songs on it will actually be "new".

And how could that be an exciting, relevant piece of art?

It can't and it won't.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, allwaystired said:

....or we could stop caring! 

I mean, the band really are doing their best to try and drive us all away! 

Well. I've long stopped caring about a new album. If it comes, I will see whether it's any good and if it doesn't, well, I don't care. If they don't want to do it and only do it because they think they have to do it because of some whiny fans, well, then it will suck anyway.

38 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

And how could that be an exciting, relevant piece of art?

It can't and it won't.

CD is described as being a sampler between the two albums worth of completed songs at or near the time of release. 

I expect CD2 to be similar in overall quality. We've practically heard half of it so far.

I wish they would have released both with the Bucket, Robin, and Brain stuff 100% intact, but sadly this is unlikely, except for perhaps as bonus material, eventually. 

I enjoyed CD so I'm sure I'll like CD2.

5 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

CD is described as being a sampler between the two albums worth of completed songs at or near the time of release. 

I expect CD2 to be similar in overall quality. We've practically heard half of it so far.

I wish they would have released both with the Bucket, Robin, and Brain stuff 100% intact, but sadly this is unlikely, except for perhaps as bonus material, eventually. 

I enjoyed CD so I'm sure I'll like CD2.

Cute, how you cling on to the hope that you will ever get to hear CD2.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Cute, how you cling on to the hope that you will ever get to hear CD2.

Sometimes I feel like there's nothing that's stopping me
All things are possible, I am unstoppable

Edited by Sweersa
  • Haha 1