The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

What if the album is being held up by Frank's drumming? 

2 hours ago, Dean said:

IF THERE IS A GOD...

In DJ's defense, he did play the CD solos way better than Slash does. 

Slash is obviously capable of playing them the way they sound on the album, but he doesn't. I'd be cool with that, if he played them as good or better, even in his own way, but it sounds uninspired and mindless when he plays them. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

What if the album is being held up by Frank's drumming? 

In DJ's defense, he did play the CD solos way better than Slash does. 

Slash is obviously capable of playing them the way they sound on the album, but he doesn't. I'd be cool with that, if he played them as good or better, even in his own way, but it sounds uninspired and mindless when he plays them. 

DJ was more true to the original's (excluding TIL), but his guitar tone was absolutely horrific. Brutal. I do agree with you on Slash to a degree, though he was certainly better with his efforts earlier on in the tour, his solo on Sorry at Dodger Stadium in 2016 is tremendous. When it comes to Chinese material though, Axl is the biggest detriment to those tunes to my ears. Better, as an example, a fucking juggernaut of a song sounds castrated with his approach to it. 

14 minutes ago, Dean said:

DJ was more true to the original's (excluding TIL), but his guitar tone was absolutely horrific. Brutal. I do agree with you on Slash to a degree, though he was certainly better with his efforts earlier on in the tour, his solo on Sorry at Dodger Stadium in 2016 is tremendous. When it comes to Chinese material though, Axl is the biggest detriment to those tunes to my ears. Better, as an example, a fucking juggernaut of a song sounds castrated with his approach to it. 

I thought Better sounded like crap live, even back in 2006. 

13 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

I thought Better sounded like crap live, even back in 2006. 

I enjoyed it in 2006, everything afterwards has been shite, in particular 2009/10, largely due to DJ.

30 minutes ago, Mateoson said:

I just came to the radical realization that I have visited this web site for nearly every single day for the past 15 or however many years. I am wasting my time no more and going to make an effort to reclaim what little is left in this short existence. Whatever/whenever these 1 percenters end up putting something "new" out I am making my life goal to never listen to it and avoid it at all costs. This has been an utter fucking waste of time, money and energy and the funny thing is I have no one else to blame but myself. I hope you all get what you want some day but I'm way too old for this shit and I feel embarrassed for being so childish and weak minded. Peace.

It says you're a newbie though.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Mateoson said:

I just came to the radical realization that I have visited this web site for nearly every single day for the past 15 or however many years. I am wasting my time no more and going to make an effort to reclaim what little is left in this short existence. Whatever/whenever these 1 percenters end up putting something "new" out I am making my life goal to never listen to it and avoid it at all costs. This has been an utter fucking waste of time, money and energy and the funny thing is I have no one else to blame but myself. I hope you all get what you want some day but I'm way too old for this shit and I feel embarrassed for being so childish and weak minded. Peace.

We've all been through and beyond this point many times bro... get along..😅

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dean said:

Totally right. If you have half honey and half shit it's still all shit.

• GNFNR 1

6 hours ago, sofine11 said:

:::huff huff:::: Guys...:::huff huff:::.....I've got good news! I...just got back from HTGTH...Jarmo...He said he still "hasn't ruled out new music for this year."   Do you know what this means?! It's happening!!!!!

I made it clear I don't trust Jarmo. No need to be a dick.

13 hours ago, Dean said:

I was kind of impressed of the Brazil Selects.

I think that's Slash's best Sorry solo. Better than the Dodger one.

44 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

I was kind of impressed of the Brazil Selects.

I think that's Slash's best Sorry solo. Better than the Dodger one.

The Brazil selects were the best we've had yet, tied with Houston/Mexico. In 2016, the band were firing on all cylinders for the most part.

• Like 3

On 6/22/2021 at 12:59 PM, Mateoson said:

On 6/22/2021 at 1:30 PM, MaskingApathy said:

It says you're a newbie though.

LOL he's got a very low tolerance for Axl's bullshit compared to the rest of us 

24 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

I meant the bit about him saying that he's come here for 15 years but it says he's a newbie.

he did join in 2005 so I think maybe because he hasn't posted much he is automatically defined as a newbie even if he's no stranger to Axl's shenanigans. Some people don't post a lot but still visit here often for many years.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 3

22 hours ago, Rovim said:

he did join in 2005 so I think maybe because he hasn't posted much he is automatically defined as a newbie even if he's no stranger to Axl's shenanigans. Some people don't post a lot but still visit here often for many years.

I think it has me as "newbie" too....and I'm definitely no stranger to Axl's shenanigans. I even went to see them in Vegas on New Years Eve 2001, front row:)  Axl was poised to take over the world again, but then he gave up in 2002 before the Philadelphia concert, cancelling the tour and going back into hiding.  He didn't even bother to give an explanation. It was a huge disappointment for me. I absolutely loved the band that he put together. All that talent and potential, and years in the making. How could he just give up on himself and that band? I have no care in the world to see his money grab tours now.

Edited by DannyVinyard
finished sentance

10 minutes ago, DannyVinyard said:

I think it has me as "newbie" too....and I'm definitely no stranger to Axl's shenanigans. I even went to see them in Vegas on New Years Eve 2001, front row:)  Axl was poised to take over the world again, but then he gave up in 2002 before the Philadelphia concert, cancelling the tour and going back into hiding.  He didn't even bother to give an explanation. It was a huge disappointment for me. I absolutely loved the band that he put together. All that talent and potential, and years in the making. How could he just give up on himself and that band? I have no care in the world to see his money grab tours now.

No it says Junior for you.

18 minutes ago, DannyVinyard said:

lucky that you got to attend the New Years Eve gig, that's cool. I think maybe Axl wasn't ready to tour and was not in a great place mentally back then compared to now or 2006/2010. Maybe he thought it was better not to talk about the Philly incident and the cancellation of the tour for legal reasons.

the 2002 lineup was so talented and fun. I think the NITL tour has kinda turned into a stale experience for hardcore fans that got to already see it, so hopefully something new is planned, even if it's minor, just to spice things up. 

Edited by Rovim