Jump to content

The "New Album" Thread - Susan McKagan says album is coming


Recommended Posts

15 minutes ago, Dean said:

Who owns the material though?

Do Universal not have first dibs on it seen as one of the companies they took over funded a large part of it's initial recording? I'm unsure how it works.

What material? Are you talking about "CD 2", aka demos that we don't know which condition they are in, or any new material? If Slash took his guitar combo na jammed with Axl in his studio, they are the only ones who own their material. What company/method they'll choose to release it through is a different question, but my point is, any quarter of a century old contract may be terminated as long as you're willing to pay for it. I've never heard of a major band who would keep having difficulties in 2010s/2020s because of an agreement concluded in the 90s...

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Grandma's hamster has never been in safer hands.

Axl is close to 60 Reunion is now over 4 years old The last unheard new song was played in 2006 The last studio album was in 2008 The last new song before that in 1999 Every s

It's clearly going to be announced in a few days (or just after the holidays), along with the first single.

Posted Images

1 minute ago, jamillos said:

What material? Are you talking about "CD 2", aka demos that we don't know which condition they are in, or any new material? If Slash took his guitar combo na jammed with Axl in his studio, they are the only ones who own their material. What company/method they'll choose to release it through is a different question, but my point is, any quarter of a century old contract may be terminated as long as you're willing to pay for it. I've never heard of a major band who would keep having difficulties in 2010s/2020s because of an agreement concluded in the 90s...

The Chinese sessions in general. Prince had a bit of difficulty back in the day with Warner Bros. did he not? They probably could terminate their contract, but any material created while they/company they took over funded the sessions they must have something sorted where they have access to it? I'm unsure how it'll work, but I do believe that the majority of the next release under the Guns N' Roses name will be material from those sessions. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Dean said:

The Chinese sessions in general. Prince had a bit of difficulty back in the day with Warner Bros. did he not? They probably could terminate their contract, but any material created while they/company they took over funded the sessions they must have something sorted where they have access to it? I'm unsure how it'll work, but I do believe that the majority of the next release under the Guns N' Roses name will be material from those sessions. 

I surely hope not, we need new music from this particular band. Anyway, with the amount of money they have and with the lawyers they can afford, nothing could be a problem - that's the logic I've been following. The only thing stopping them temporarily from doing anything they friggin want now is the stupid virus. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

When the reissue first came out I bought the 2-disc set on CD and the four-disc set on iTunes. But now, I see on GnR.com that the price on the four-CD set was slashed down to only $50, so I’m thinking of getting that too. Is the book that it comes with worth it? I might keep the book and give the discs to my brother as a gift.

Totally!!!! And u will love the bluray audio.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

When the reissue first came out I bought the 2-disc set on CD and the four-disc set on iTunes. But now, I see on GnR.com that the price on the four-CD set was slashed down to only $50, so I’m thinking of getting that too. Is the book that it comes with worth it? I might keep the book and give the discs to my brother as a gift.

Book looks good. It's actually a nice package at that price point (I recently picked one up for the same price) and think it's worth it. Definitely not worth more than that though. Should have been this price from the release really. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, sofine11 said:

Would be the only reason I could explain the adamence to go through with the Mexico show...

Thought of that too 🤔 At least a single. But at the same time it would really surprise me if it happened. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm also curious whether the better part of the world inevitably being quarantined would be a good or bad thing for album releases.  You'd think, if it's true that most new music is consumed or purchased digitally, that if people are staying indoors they'd be more prone to purchase an album they're curious about.  Might be the best thing GNR could do from that standpoint.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, sofine11 said:

I'm also curious whether the better part of the world inevitably being quarantined would be a good or bad thing for album releases.  You'd think, if it's true that most new music is consumed or purchased digitally, that if people are staying indoors they'd be more prone to purchase an album they're curious about.  Might be the best thing GNR could do from that standpoint.

Yes, that would be the logical thing to do, but as we’ve already established; in the world of GnR, logic doesn’t apply!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sofine11 said:

Would be the only reason I could explain the adamence to go through with the Mexico show...

Dude.....you gotta stop getting your hopes up....lol

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe Mexico will be the last show... and the next ones would be reschedule?

Chile n Argentina shows in Lolla are postponed.

Maybe with this corona shit, the next shows would have a new album out.

Edited by axlvai
Link to post
Share on other sites

So this claim about Friday and iTunes... I love how these things always have the same course: an assertion is made, then the person disappears for a while, and then they never seem to be able to corroborate whatever they were claiming, e.g. with a print screen... :jerkoff:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...