The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

6 minutes ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

Nothing. This is all repackaged information that was laid out in plain view months ago. 
Business as usual. 

So - I know you said the album was actually done....still no progress on it getting released?

6 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

I wouldn't mind Chinese era songs, as long as Slash and Duff would also bring to the table tracks they also have in the pocket. I mean, it's only natural. Regular bands recycle their old material all the time. The thing is if they ONLY release CD era songs with only Slash and Duff overdubs. That would be bad.

Did Slash really said he had a couple of new riffs for GNR?

There's two short videos of the band (including Axl) rehearsing Hardschool for tonights show in Mexico. You can find it on Facebook or Instagram, I can't post links here.

Yikes - that’s massive?!? 🤯 Quality!!!

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, gavgnr said:

^^part of me gets what you’re saying but if he hadn’t pissed about so much this wouldn’t have happened 

^^part of me gets what you’re saying but if he hadn’t pissed about so much this wouldn’t have happened 

Totally agree, but Axl has always been a deeply emotional perfectionist. 

If it's not totally right he'd rather not bother (much t the annoyance of fans).

It's funny how on a forum dedicated to this band so few people 'get' Axl, Slash's book has some pretty good insight hidden in it.

He always described Axl as making 'grand gestures' to make up for stuff.

And we can see that in the actual (and planned) release cycles for CD & CD 2. When Axl's style changes he's actually caring, that why you could tell the 2012-2014 years were such wheel spinning.

When Axl emerged in the LA show with a new hair style I was pretty certain we were getting a 'new era' for real.

He's a pretty superstitious guy.

Thank you for coming to my Ted Talk.

19 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

Did Slash really said he had a couple of new riffs for GNR?

he did, yeah. He also said there is a difference in style compared to other new riffs he has allocated for the conspirators so these 2 riffs sound like Gn'R riffs to him.

I doubt Axl won't give Slash the same kind of freedom he gave to Robin and Bucket. I think it will be a more balanced record with Slash's input anyway. Axl seems to be open as a songwriter to ideas from other band members. Even Pitman got a song credit for If The World.

18 minutes ago, Rovim said:

he did, yeah. He also said there is a difference in style compared to other new riffs he has allocated for the conspirators so these 2 riffs sound like Gn'R riffs to him.

I doubt Axl won't give Slash the same kind of freedom he gave to Robin and Bucket. I think it will be a more balanced record with Slash's input anyway. Axl seems to be open as a songwriter to ideas from other band members. Even Pitman got a song credit for If The World.

I agree, Axl would give total freedom to Slash. Not sure if he would have the balls to comp his solos like he did with Robin and Bucket though. 

I remember Slash talking about the difference between the writing for Conspirators. Guess I missed the full quote. I sure hope he comes up with better stuff for GNR.

21 minutes ago, Rovim said:

Pitman also co-wrote Madagascar. Probably one of the only good things he ever did with his life, honestly.

Not that I have anything against If the World, mind you, but I can take it or leave it.

During this outburst of anger I attack no fellow members and mods I respect all of you , ( well goodbye ‘band’ see you arseholes at the next world-ending fucking pandemic!!!!) your the god damned spicolis of the rock scene, just couldn’t give a Fuck less, what a waste

15 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

From a marketing point of view, it would be better to officially release a new single or album before playing any of the material live. You don't want random videos on the internet showing a subpar live Axl to be the first touchpoint people have with the new material. Also no money to be made that way. 

Or at least they would have given fans and casuals hope that something is happening and might really occur. Now it makes things look like they screwed all and continues to do that from now on under the title "New chapter"

We need press now, negative one. Can we give another hint for Rolling Stone etc? :D

It's a shame they didn't play Hardschool in the main set, but I'm still far more positive about the possibility of a new GNR album on the horizon after they at least rehearsed it with Axl.

Overall we're in a far better place for the new album than we were 24 hours ago. Keep the faith.

So, in 24 hours everybody went from pessimistic to optimistic and then pessimistic again? Lol

Seriously, it's too bad they didn't play Hardschool yesterday. Still, this proves nothing.  The fact that they were rehearsing with Axl shows that the plan was to actually play it live, of course. But why would they debut the song in a now one-off concert when the rest of the tour is seemingly postponed? They could, but is it really that hard to understand why they didn't take the chance?

It would be great to hear it live (I'm curious about Duff and Slash's input). But I'm way more interested in what are the chances to get an actual release, even if it's only this track as a single. This is still pretty much a possibility and I'm 100% sure that this would again induce more moody swings here.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

So, in 24 hours everybody went from pessimistic to optimistic and then pessimistic again? Lol

Seriously, it's too bad they didn't play Hardschool yesterday. Still, this proves nothing.  The fact that they were rehearsing with Axl shows that the plan was to actually play it live, of course. But why would they debut the song in a now one-off concert when the rest of the tour is seemingly postponed? They could, but is it really that hard to understand why they didn't take the chance?

It would be great to hear it live (I'm curious about Duff and Slash's input). But I'm way more interested in what are the chances to get an actual release, even if it's only this track as a single. This is still pretty much a possibility and I'm 100% sure that this would again induce more moody swings here.

I think the plan was to prepare for it so it will sound decent in case Axl felt like singing it in Mexico. (HS, PTU, Think About You) He makes these decisions on the fly and these are songs that were never played live/were played a long time ago.

No offence but I dont understand why anyone would put any stock in the phrase "the next chapter." I think most people recognized it as simply the next slogan, which followed "We're just getting started" and "The machine carries on." And there will no doubt be another such slogan after this one. 

So, if and when an album arrives there will be a seemingly corresponding slogan, but the existence of a slogan doesnt indicate a release imo.

• Like 1

There was plenty of reason to believe the new chapter starts now. However with the recent events of the world pandemic things change. My guess is that there was supposed to be some sort of release on Friday but the label pulled the plug.

Edited by Coma16
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rovim said:

I think the plan was to prepare for it so it will sound decent in case Axl felt like singing it in Mexico. (HS, PTU, Think About You) He makes these decisions on the fly and these are songs that were never played live/were played a long time ago.

I agree, I'm sure it's exactly what you said. 

But my point is that the fact that they didnt play it doesn't mean anything really. In the bigger picture, this is a false start of a tour. And as far as we know, Hardschool was already being rehearsed for the December shows and everybody seems to forget about it.

1 hour ago, Coma16 said:

There was plenty of reason to believe the new chapter starts now. However with the recent events of the world pandemic things change. My guess is that there was supposed to be some sort of release on Friday but the label pulled the plug.

I don't believe they would release a single this Friday at all. I don't even know if they would release Hardschool as a single. Maybe they would play it live just to test the waters and as a preview of what is to come. 

Then later (Europe/US maybe), they would play another new song and then release something. 

So the next gig that is currently going ahead is next Saturday? Fingers crossed for Hardschool being played next weekend.

I'm pretty confident that a finished studio recording exists now if Axl is rehearsing it. I'm hopeful now that it's only a matter of time before we get the track on Spotify etc. :axl:

20 minutes ago, jackparker123 said:

So the next gig that is currently going ahead is next Saturday? Fingers crossed for Hardschool being played next weekend.

I'm pretty confident that a finished studio recording exists now if Axl is rehearsing it. I'm hopeful now that it's only a matter of time before we get the track on Spotify etc. :axl:

Agreed. The fact it was rehearsed and one of the videos suggested the intro was different that would suggest work has been done as we all hoped.

• Like 1

Slash interview with No Guitar Is Safe podcast around NAMM (late January) but just published today.

”I just had the AFD Les Paul, it just went back into the storage locker, I was doing some Guns stuff in the studio.”

Edited by Ant
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jackparker123 said:

Pretty sure all gigs are canceled until Portugal, in late May. Assuming we get the virus under control by then, which doesn’t seem to be the case right now, unfortunately.