The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

10 minutes ago, gavgnr said:

What is it Mitch is supposed to have said?

One user claimed to have seen Mitch say that a new album is done, it's great and it's on the way soon. Problem being that Mitch didn't say that at all. 

On 14.3.2020 at 2:43 PM, Voodoochild said:

I agree, Axl would give total freedom to Slash. Not sure if he would have the balls to comp his solos like he did with Robin and Bucket though. 

Don't think he needs to do something like this with Slash's solos. And I don't think Slash would be fine with a move like that.  But it's not necessary at all. Give Slash a good song and he'll give you a good solo. Give him something special and he creates magic.

On 13.12.2019 at 6:28 PM, sofine11 said:

People are joking and scoffing about it, but honestly, in my opinion it's now or never.  As in a March/April release is either happening, or this band (namely Axl) has no real intention of putting out an album, probably ever.  

That's about as close to "optimism" as I can get right now.

You know, they are working on it, but they Don’t know how to do it... hekk even Slash told us that.. they just Don’t know how to do it;):facepalm:... it’s not as easy to record and release like all bands do.. 

16 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

Don't think he needs to do something like this with Slash's solos. And I don't think Slash would be fine with a move like that.  But it's not necessary at all. Give Slash a good song and he'll give you a good solo. Give him something special and he creates magic.

Me neither. That's actually what I was trying to say, but English is not my 1st language yadda yadda yadda

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Not sure why this whole "I'm an insider" thing is still fun for some of you to run with. 

They're not. 

My o my.... it was sarcasm folks... making fun of Sweersa for pulling that crap yesterday.  

Honestly,  I figured that yall would have picked up on that since I had wired Russ' response to sweersa's shenanigans. 

🤔🤔🤔

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

One user claimed to have seen Mitch say that a new album is done, it's great and it's on the way soon. Problem being that Mitch didn't say that at all. 

This is the only thing that's even kind of close, if you don't actually read it properly. It's probably what he saw :lol:

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

Nah he's like Eddie Trunk, acts like he knows stuff but doesn't really.

Axl's whole life has been a quarantine haha

Fair doos.

2 hours ago, GNRfanMILO said:

Mitch Lafon is the one who said that Dave Kushner was going to be part of the reunion.

So there you go.

Fair enough - clearly got that well wrong!

27 minutes ago, Rjuncajun said:

My o my.... it was sarcasm folks... making fun of Sweersa for pulling that crap yesterday.  

Honestly,  I figured that yall would have picked up on that since I had wired Russ' response to sweersa's shenanigans. 

🤔🤔🤔

Unfortunately sarcasm isn't always obvious on screen! 😂

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Rjuncajun said:

🤔🤔🤔

We're all a little testy lol

Even if they did plan on releasing it in March, you can be that would be delayed.  Much of the worlds economy is halting to a standstill. Not a good time to market a new product.  Best we can hope for at this point would be June imo.  

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, yourcrazy said:

Even if they did plan on releasing it in March, you can be that would be delayed.  Much of the worlds economy is halting to a standstill. Not a good time to market a new product.  Best we can hope for at this point would be June imo.  

No, they weren’t. No benefit of the suggestion. 

Just now, allwaystired said:

Wow! Hadn't seen that. That's incredible. I'm assuming that's US....I just ordered a CD from the UK site! 

Anything that’s currently in stock they’ll ship. They aren’t taking new stock. Not sure if that applies to the UK

57 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Most music is consumed via streaming these days. Let's not give GN'R yet another reason not to release music lol

No company in their right mind would release a product in the current circumstances, even if that product is primarily consumed through a streaming medium. I think the best we can hope for is November, because most predictions do not expect this virus to clear up anytime soon, and that's not even considering the lingering economic impact.

Edited by Live Like a Suicide
  • Like 1