The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

9 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

What an absolutely idiotic thing to say. "People are by and large unphased by the pandemic". 

Are you living under a rock, or just saying this shit to get a reaction? 

It's true.

Obviously there are measures in place but most people are just carrying on as best they can.

Just because you want this to be something more than it is doesn't change anything. 

1 minute ago, GNR_RNR said:

It's true.

Obviously there are measures in place but most people are just carrying on as best they can.

Just because you want this to be something more than it is doesn't change anything. 

Is there a block feature on here? 

Seriously, I'm so tired of the same two/three (or one?) trolls telling us that coronavirus isn't an issue. It's utterly ridiculous and the only way you'd think the world was 'unphased' by it was if you're deliberately trying to provoke arguments on online forums. 

I'm pretty bored of it, and wouldn't mind just not having the same individuals derail every thread by telling us it isn't a major world issue. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, GNR_RNR said:

It's true.

You sir are a moron

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

OK....let's get back in track. Take all virus related discussion here: http://www.mygnrforum.com/topic/223266-covid-19-outbreak/?page=69&tab=comments#comment-4786546

It's kind of a difficult one, because a lot of these threads naturally turn into something around coronavirus (whether the tour dates are happening, it's impact on a new album, social media updates etc). It's dominating everything, in all walks of life at the moment. 

2 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

It's kind of a difficult one, because a lot of these threads naturally turn into something around coronavirus (whether the tour dates are happening, it's impact on a new album, social media updates etc). It's dominating everything, in all walks of life at the moment. 

I understand that and I know this particular argument stemmed from whether or not now is a good time to release an album. 

However, the stuff about how the virus is or isn't effecting mankind should be taken to the other thread. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, RussTCB said:

I understand that and I know this particular argument stemmed from whether or not now is a good time to release an album. 

However, the stuff about how the virus is or isn't effecting mankind should be taken to the other thread. 

I agree totally. Good to get some clarity, thanks. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FabioRoses said:

I would like to see a live Q&A or something like that. I know that Duff and Slash can do it, can't see Axl doing it btw. 

Or a live feed with Slash jamming over backing tracks or something like that, would be cool as well. 

A lot of people on my Instagram are doing live videos and other people are joining in, so Duff and Slash could do one from their respective homes and answer questions or just talk about random stuff. I would watch that.

Actually you know what would be entertaining? A Melissa live video where she talks about stuff.

1 hour ago, Free Bird said:

But aren't they allowed to go to work? That's what they'd basically do.

If it's an essential job, but in their position they can afford to stay at home and do nothing.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

A lot of people on my Instagram are doing live videos and other people are joining in, so Duff and Slash could do one from their respective homes and answer questions or just talk about random stuff. I would watch that.

Actually you know what would be entertaining? A Melissa live video where she talks about stuff.

If it's an essential job, but in their position they can afford to stay at home and do nothing.

Agree 100%. It helps and it keeps things rolling on until we defeat this disease.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

omg please no ! if she speaks the way she writes on social media, I probably couldn't make out any sense of what she's talking about:wacko:

• Haha 1

Right now, I don't see the band being together for anything. LA is one of the most affected cities, and I don't even know if Richard and Frank are there or if they went to NY. 

They could have recorded the rehearsals and put it an edited version of it online. That would be something at least.

22 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

Right now, I don't see the band being together for anything. LA is one of the most affected cities, and I don't even know if Richard and Frank are there or if they went to NY. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

Ugh I wish they would do something so we would have something to talk about (not necessarily album related).

Yeah I’ve defaulted to making more GnR “bootlegs,” to try to keep myself from getting bored! :lol:

I’ve been doing other non-GnR-related things too, but have been using “bootleg making” as a means to get my GnR “fix,” for now.

Edited by rocknroll41

11 hours ago, GNR_RNR said:

It's true.

Hey. FYI. Young people are getting seriously sick. The first person in NJ was a 32 years old male who is a health care worker. The last thing I heard about him was that he wasn't in good shape. In NJ, USA, we have had 11 deaths and 890 cases. The numbers are in this link: https://www.nj.com/coronavirus/2020/03/nonessential-businesses-will-be-shut-down-in-nj-due-to-coronavirus-outbreak-gov-murphy-says.html

NJ/NYC/CT is now starting to become the epicenter for this.  A new album and song can wait. This can't. We have to get this resolved first before more people die along with the economy going into a depression. We are now in a recession as we speak. 

12 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

Yeah I’ve defaulted to making more GnR “bootlegs,” to try to keep myself from getting bored! :lol:

I’ve been doing other non-GnR-related things too, but have been using “bootleg making” as a means to get my GnR “fix,” for now.

Help me please :)