The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

Unpopular opinion: TIL vocals on the record are overrated and that kind of rasp in a ballad environment makes the song nearly unlistenable.

Actually, same goes for CD vocals overall, I'd much prefer a more relaxed vibe with natural tone in the style UYI was recorded - those never ending edits on every word sang was what killed CD for me.

2 hours ago, there is no dana only zool said:

What would be the thing that would excite you the most in reading about the album before its release?; as in like, one of the band members' descriptions.  Mine would be- assuming the quote would come from Duff- "it's basically Use Your Illusion III."

If some of the songs were played live leading up to the release instead.

Edited by Live Like a Suicide

10 hours ago, El Guapo said:

Never gonna happen. Slash all the way, even if Bucketheads stuff is better.

That would be like getting back together with your ex wife and telling her: "Honey, glad you're back, I'll be getting my blowjobs from Karen though, she was more talented in that regard! Love ya!"

Time will tell.

Lots of guitarists were on CD who were long out of the band by the time it was released.

10 hours ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

I really enjoyed Slash's additions on some CD songs (like Better, Madagascar and TIL). I didn't really enjoy his take on TWAT or Sorry (the latter was good at the start but Slash got really lazy on it).

TBH the only rendition of TWAT that I liked with Slash was in the Madison Sqare Garden. While I was dissapointed with his other attempts on TWAT this particular one impressed me.

Sorry was sometimes good sometimes not so good. 

What I really loved were his first versions of TIL. They were mesmerizing to me.

CD was pretty cool and while he did good on Better I think the original by Robin was superior to Slash's.

2 hours ago, Sweersa said:

Are you talking about Tracii Guns? 

Axl and Buckethead not putting out more material than they did together is one of the biggest missed opportunities next to Disney screwing up the sequel trilogy. 

As proof as to what came about with CD, the material was good, but not great. Axl and Buckethead were not a match. Neither was Tracii Guns. In fact, what did they do together?

Axl and Slash need each other to make great music. When one is missing, the music is good, but not great.  With that being said, I still wish for AFD5.  However, that's a dream. Axl, Slash, and Duff are GNR. 

• Like 3

"March is falling through thanks to Axl ridiculous demands to universal for advertising and promotion. The music is all done which is the good news. Caram is once again the producer.

Left overs and new songs are completed.

Found this from another Forum. And yes, I suppose he claims to be another insider :)

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

:lol::lol::lol:

Ah yes, the usual "plans changed" excuse. No word on that live blu-ray we were supposed to get by the end of 2019, I suppose? 

Good to know that the "insiders" always have the same tired, old excuses to fall back on though. 

Is it Brasky?

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

:lol::lol::lol:

Ah yes, the usual "plans changed" excuse. No word on that live blu-ray we were supposed to get by the end of 2019, I suppose? 

Good to know that the "insiders" always have the same tired, old excuses to fall back on though. 

In fairness Russ, WE made them change plans because we downloaded or even talked about THE AMAZING VILLAGE SESSIONS LEAKS WHICH ARE WAY BETTER THAN A NEW ALBUM COULD EVER BE

So yeah, this is really our fault and I for one don't feel the slightest bit of remorse over it. 

Once there was this rock n' roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

And what about the ridiculous "inside information" that the supposed EP would include a T-Rex song cover. "Plans have changed" in regards to that, too, it seems :lol:

It’s sad that this band is so boring and uncreative, that some of us believe in things like that lol

2 hours ago, DTJ80 said:

Wasn’t March supposed to be the EP anyway? And if true, if the only thing holding it up is related to advertising and promotion then that will not be a long-term barrier to something being released.

If you want to believe Brasky. Others were saying an album, and Slash himself confirmed they want to do an album and are working towards that end. 

8 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

If you want to believe Brasky. Others were saying an album, and Slash himself confirmed they want to do an album and are working towards that end. 

Slash also said that they hadn’t even started work on an album. He said there would be a few shows around feb but that was it for touring. 

Then a Euro tour was announced and it seems a US tour afterwards. 

If Slash was telling the truth and they really hadn’t started, it’s hard to see how anything could be finished now.