The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

12 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

It's during these times that I really wish Frans n roses, Gibbo, noise pollution, etc still had their channels intact.

Before he got taken, wasn't Frans working on remastering Saskatoon? What a shame, I could've spent hours watching his videos during times like these.

7 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

HardSkool being the only new song on the setlist tells me that what we’ll most likely get for now (if anything) is just another compilation of some kind, with that song as a bonus track.

My thoughts absolutely. If there were more tracks ready to even play live, we'd know about it from that Mexico rehearsal. 

One song. Maybe. Even that isn't a guarantee. 

11 hours ago, GNRfanJen said:

Metallica announced they're going to stream a concert on their YouTube and Facebook channel tonight, and will be doing it every Monday night moving forward. Must be nice. 

Was just about to post this. Its really not a surprise they are doing this - and whilst I don’t think this is a management driven choice (Lars probably had the idea), having a switched on management probably made it happen with ease.

Now - I know MetallicA can probably do this easily as they own their masters/videos etc.  How much/difficult would it be for GNR to ‘own’ their masters?

There really is no reason they don't put out something like Paris 92 or Saskatoon on their fucking channel. Recent live stuff ok, I understand because of his at best mediocre performances. But old stuff??

They don't wanna sell it to us, they won't let us have access to any of it for free - it just doesn't make any sense to me.

I'm very tired of these morons.

1 minute ago, El Guapo said:

There really is no reason they don't put out something like Paris 92 or Saskatoon on their fucking channel. Recent live stuff ok, I understand because of his at best mediocre performances. But old stuff??

They don't wanna sell it to us, they won't let us have access to any of it for free - it just doesn't make any sense to me.

No one wants the fans to start comparing Chicago 92 Axl with Berlin 2018 Axl, that's why... :D

7 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

Yeah, that bit defies all common sense doesn't it? I'll never understand the logic there (other than if there are rights issues....) 

9 minutes ago, jamillos said:

No one wants the fans to start comparing Chicago 92 Axl with Berlin 2018 Axl, that's why... :D

If they don't want to put out old stuff and they don't want to put out new stuff the band really shouldn't exist anymore, don't you think?

8 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

I think they want to control the content. That could be more important to them than to profit from it, at least for now. I'm assuming they don't give a fuck about the fans so why not make money from touring and maybe in the future sell old footage while still not supporting any illegal youtube content.

8 minutes ago, Rovim said:

I think they want to control the content. That could be more important to them than to profit from it, at least for now. I'm assuming they don't give a fuck about the fans so why not make money from touring and maybe in the future sell old footage while still not supporting any illegal youtube content.

This links to my point above - i don’t know why they don’t try to secure ownership of their masters etc like MetallicA have. May cost a bit but it’s not like the cash isn’t here...

8 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

HardSkool being the only new song on the setlist tells me that what we’ll most likely get for now (if anything) is just another compilation of some kind, with that song as a bonus track.

I dont believe it would be just a compilation with only this song. If they bother to release anything at all, why it would be just one "new" song?

3 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

This links to my point above - i don’t know why they don’t try to secure ownership of their masters etc like MetallicA have. May cost a bit but it’s not like the cash isn’t here...

if they did try to secure ownership, would we know about it? not sure it will help us very much anyway so maybe that's not even the issue but it could be. Prince didn't see the value in letting his fans enjoy his shit on youtube for example.

7 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

I dont believe it would be just a compilation with only this song. If they bother to release anything at all, why it would be just one "new" song?

Perhaps they'll never release it? 

I firmly believe this is the only thing they've worked on.....and going from what we know I'd hazard a guess that the band worked it up during rehearsals last leg of the tour (Frank, Fortus, Dizzy probably already having played it previously) and Axl has decided to give the vocals a try out in the Mexico rehearsal, with a view to possibly playing it on some nights. 

Nothing else (apart from very vague and evasive comments from band members) points to them having any other 'new' songs lined up. 

55 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

If they don't want to put out old stuff and they don't want to put out new stuff the band really shouldn't exist anymore, don't you think?

Idk, I guess the real fb status of this band is, always has been, and always will be "it's complicated". 

Sorry, I mean "it's F'n complicated". 

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Perhaps they'll never release it? 

I firmly believe this is the only thing they've worked on.....and going from what we know I'd hazard a guess that the band worked it up during rehearsals last leg of the tour (Frank, Fortus, Dizzy probably already having played it previously) and Axl has decided to give the vocals a try out in the Mexico rehearsal, with a view to possibly playing it on some nights. 

Nothing else (apart from very vague and evasive comments from band members) points to them having any other 'new' songs lined up. 

I understand the pessimistic view because of the band's history, but I can't see the logic. We know for a fact that Axl have several songs in different stages of completion. Even if they end up releasing only CD-era songs with Slash and Duff overdubbing, it's still plausible to think that there is at least an album worthy. 

If nothing points for them to have any other new songs, nothing points to another direction either. I really think it wouldn't make sense to just work in one track when you have several others to choose. If Axl asked Slash (and Duff) to go to his studio - and this is not a "vague and evasive comments", there are reports of the rental gear service before even Slash himself said anything - after all these years, do you honestly think he would just record one track?

Why would Axl even bother to start working in just one unreleased song knowing he would have to go through the usual bullshit he does to release something? And if you don't think they would even release Hard School, why would they bother to play just one new song live and get all the expectation and questions it would raise?

10 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

I understand the pessimistic view because of the band's history, but I can't see the logic. We know for a fact that Axl have several songs in different stages of completion. Even if they end up releasing only CD-era songs with Slash and Duff overdubbing, it's still plausible to think that there is at least an album worthy. 

If nothing points for them to have any other new songs, nothing points to another direction either. I really think it wouldn't make sense to just work in one track when you have several others to choose. If Axl asked Slash (and Duff) to go to his studio - and this is not a "vague and evasive comments", there are reports of the rental gear service before even Slash himself said anything - after all these years, do you honestly think he would just record one track?

Why would Axl even bother to start working in just one unreleased song knowing he would have to go through the usual bullshit he does to release something? And if you don't think they would even release Hard School, why would they bother to play just one new song live and get all the expectation and questions it would raise?

I don't know the answers to any of this. 

I don't believe any recording has really occurred personally. If there was new material, I can't see why they wouldn't have expected to give it a try at the start of (supposedly) a new tour.

I hold little stock in any of the vague comments made by the band - we've had years and years of these sorts of comments. 

The most we know is that Slash's gear maybe went to Axls house. That could be for any reason whatsoever. We've seen (or heard) nothing else regarding any member of the band seriously recording. 

I think there's a massive difference between maybe playing a song live and recording it (as shown by all the NITL covers). I really think all that's happening is that maybe Hardschool might have had a live run-out, with a view to maybe at some point in the distant future being considered as something to be released and recorded. 

I'm cynical sure, but this has been going on for years and years. I see no difference in the type of comments we're hearing from band members than those we've heard ever since 2012. 

I'd love to be surprised and wrong. 

Edited by allwaystired

2 hours ago, jamillos said:

We still have the 92 footages though, just in bad shape. And people complains and compares all the time. So why bother 😐

15 minutes ago, Zinia_29 said:

We still have the 92 footages though, just in bad shape. And people complains and compares all the time. So why bother 😐

We do, but unofficially, under frowned-upon conditions. They're not gonna encourage it on the official level imo. 

5 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

I don't know the answers to any of this. 

I don't believe any recording has really occurred personally. If there was new material, I can't see why they wouldn't have expected to give it a try at the start of (supposedly) a new tour.

I hold little stock in any of the vague comments made by the band - we've had years and years of these sorts of comments. 

The most we know is that Slash's gear maybe went to Axls house. That could be for any reason whatsoever. We've seen (or heard) nothing else regarding any member of the band seriously recording. 

I think there's a massive difference between maybe playing a song live and recording it (as shown by all the NITL covers). I really think all that's happening is that maybe Hardschool might have had a live run-out, with a view to maybe at some point in the distant future being considered as something to be released and recorded. 

I'm cynical sure, but this has been going on for years and years. I see no difference in the type of comments we're hearing from band members than those we've heard ever since 2012. 

I'd love to be surprised and wrong. 

Slash's comment were not "vague". He said on the record that he was recording GNR stuff. The gear sent to Axl's house: again, there's no better explanation here. There's no reason for Slash to rehearse with an specific gear in Axl's home studio, he could do that in his own or even just with their own gear. There's really no other reason to go after a specific Marshall amp when you have plenty that you use in the tours or at home. I don't even know any other reason for Slash to come to Axl's house and have to endure Beta's family outside the proper work hours. :lol:

About the new tour: well, obviously their plans had to change, and in this case it is what it is. We just don't know if they would play Hard School live in that Mexico gig if the tour was still going on. Don't think it would be a good idea to just start playing a new song then go away for months with nothing else like they did in 2001. 

This would also be different from the NITL covers, obviously. I dont think the band ever intended to record all those covers they did since 2001, including Sailing and Wichita Lineman.

And there's a difference between Slash and Richard. They are not in the same league regarding the band's plans.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

Slash's comment were not "vague". He said on the record that he was recording GNR stuff. The gear sent to Axl's house: again, there's no better explanation here. There's no reason for Slash to rehearse with an specific gear in Axl's home studio, he could do that in his own or even just with their own gear. There's really no other reason to go after a specific Marshall amp when you have plenty that you use in the tours or at home. I don't even know any other reason for Slash to come to Axl's house and have to endure Beta's family outside the proper work hours. :lol:

About the new tour: well, obviously their plans had to change, and in this case it is what it is. We just don't know if they would play Hard School live in that Mexico gig if the tour was still going on. Don't think it would be a good idea to just start playing a new song then go away for months with nothing else like they did in 2001. 

This would also be different from the NITL covers, obviously. I dont think the band ever intended to record all those covers they did since 2001, including Sailing and Wichita Lineman.

And there's a difference between Slash and Richard. They are not in the same league regarding the band's plans.

"Plans changed". Ay, there's the rub!