Jump to content

The "New Album" Thread - Susan McKagan says album is coming


Recommended Posts

54 minutes ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

Not that I necessarily disagree with the "no new album" theory, but if that's true what exactly was Slash working on in Axl's house last year, or a couple of weeks ago when he said he was working on "Guns" stuff in the studio?

We may never know, but my guess is that he was working on new songs in some form or another.

35 minutes ago, Uncle Bob said:

Worldwide economy is going to be terrible after the virus. Gn'R missed a huge chance of making huge sales with a new album. They will never have an opportunity like this ever again

I agree, they really should've gotten something out in 2018 or 2019.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Grandma's hamster has never been in safer hands.

Axl is close to 60 Reunion is now over 4 years old The last unheard new song was played in 2006 The last studio album was in 2008 The last new song before that in 1999 Every s

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

We may never know, but my guess is that he was working on new songs in some form or another.

I agree, they really should've gotten something out in 2018 or 2019.

Yeah Xmas 2019 would’ve made the most sense since they starting touring again around that point and they coulda said something in the marketing like “celebrate the end of the decade with the first new album from Axl/Slash/Duff since 1993.”

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Yeah Xmas 2019 would’ve made the most sense since they starting touring again around that point and they coulda said something in the marketing like “celebrate the end of the decade with the first new album from Axl/Slash/Duff since 1993.”

Maybe Axl had inside info about the coronavirus outbreak and knew that at least the beginning of the tour would be postponed? After all, he has a great relationship with the Chinese government! :-)

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Out of boredom, I decided to try to count the number of songs this band has officially released:

AFD=12, Lies=7, UYI=29, TSI=13, Live Era=1, End of Days=1, GH=1, ChiDem=14, AFDem=4 (Motivation, Another Brick in the Wall, Objectify, and The Seeker), and Locked N Loaded=7 (SOYL, Rosie, Heartbreak Hotel, Jumpin Jack, The Plague, New World Tune, and Aint Goin Down).

So 89 songs (26 of which are covers).

Compare that to RHCP (which officially formed just a couple of years earlier), who have around 230 officially-released songs (give or take a few).

This is why a new album would be nice. But if it doesn’t happen, then so be it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Out of boredom, I decided to try to count the number of songs this band has officially released:

AFD=12, Lies=7, UYI=29, TSI=13, Live Era=1, End of Days=1, GH=1, ChiDem=14, AFDem=4 (Motivation, Another Brick in the Wall, Objectify, and The Seeker), and Locked N Loaded=7 (SOYL, Rosie, Heartbreak Hotel, Jumpin Jack, The Plague, New World Tune, and Aint Goin Down).

So 89 songs (26 of which are covers).

Compare that to RHCP (which officially formed just a couple of years earlier), who have around 230 officially-released songs (give or take a few).

This is why a new album would be nice. But if it doesn’t happen, then so be it.

I agree to a point, but a large amount of post 2000 RHCP is utter garbage!!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

I agree to a point, but a large amount of post 2000 RHCP is utter garbage!!

If anything I would say it’s their early 80s stuff (pre-Frusciante) and mid 90s stuff (Navarro era) that is “utter garbage,” but nonetheless, the point still stands that sometimes quantity doesn’t equal quality. In that regard, I agree with you.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

I agree to a point, but a large amount of post 2000 RHCP is utter garbage!!

Woah, their quality from Californication to Stadium Arcadium (Frusciante's second tenure) was phenomenal.

2011's "I'm With You" with Josh Klinghoffer on guitar was average, but the B-sides compilation "I'm Beside You" is miles better. Their 2016 album was pretty good, though.

Although now Frusciante has rejoined the band, I've got very high hopes for their next album.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, MildlyArtistic said:

Woah, their quality from Californication to Stadium Arcadium (Frusciante's second tenure) was phenomenal.

2011's "I'm With You" with Josh Klinghoffer on guitar was average, but the B-sides compilation "I'm Beside You" is miles better. Their 2016 album was pretty good, though.

Although now Frusciante has rejoined the band, I've got very high hopes for their next album.

I would just say that RHCP is one fantastic band, from the beginings in 80-ies until The Getaway... every album had its own spirit and story (just read Anthony's book).

I just still didnt get in the groove with the gateway, just do not feel it but it is really different and I will give a few more listens

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

If anything I would say it’s their early 80s stuff (pre-Frusciante) and mid 90s stuff (Navarro era) that is “utter garbage,” but nonetheless, the point still stands that sometimes quantity doesn’t equal quality. In that regard, I agree with you.

 

30 minutes ago, MildlyArtistic said:

Woah, their quality from Californication to Stadium Arcadium (Frusciante's second tenure) was phenomenal.

2011's "I'm With You" with Josh Klinghoffer on guitar was average, but the B-sides compilation "I'm Beside You" is miles better. Their 2016 album was pretty good, though.

Although now Frusciante has rejoined the band, I've got very high hopes for their next album.

 

20 minutes ago, dragan1978 said:

I would just say that RHCP is one fantastic band, from the beginings in 80-ies until The Getaway... every album had its own spirit and story (just read Anthony's book).

I just still didnt get in the groove with the gateway, just do not feel it but it is really different and I will give a few more listens

 

Clearly it’s just my opinion - and not a popular one it seems....😂. That’s cool - there has been the odd gem but other than that - not for me. Pre-2000 was much better for me although again I’m in the minority I think when I say I like One Hot Minute! Warped is such a great tune.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

Clearly it’s just my opinion - and not a popular one it seems....😂. That’s cool - there has been the odd gem but other than that - not for me. Pre-2000 was much better for me although again I’m in the minority I think when I say I like One Hot Minute! Warped is such a great tune.

There’s a few songs from that album that I like; Aeroplane, My Friends, Walkabout, One Big Mob... Coffee Shop is weird, but it grows on you.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

There’s a few songs from that album that I like; Aeroplane, My Friends, Walkabout, One Big Mob... Coffee Shop is weird, but it grows on you.

“Take me to the Coffee shop....”!

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

why isn't this locked yet? 

Would you rather have 50 different threads for every time the thought of a new album crosses someone's mind? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

pretty obvious this topics dead and dead for a long while 

There has been 3 pages of discussion in this topic the past 3 days, if GNR are not gonna release new music might as well have a pointed topic we can reflect upon it lol

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, WhazUp said:

There has been 3 pages of discussion in this topic the past 3 days, if GNR are not gonna release new music might as well have a pointed topic we can reflect upon it lol

glad theres a good chat rolling but sometimes its better to be realistic, there hasn't been one inkling that there will ever be a new album 

its done over

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

pretty obvious this topics dead and dead for a long while 

OK, but answer my original question. 

4 hours ago, Ratbrain said:

Just pin it

Huh? Why? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

Out of boredom, I decided to try to count the number of songs this band has officially released:

AFD=12, Lies=7, UYI=29, TSI=13, Live Era=1, End of Days=1, GH=1, ChiDem=14, AFDem=4 (Motivation, Another Brick in the Wall, Objectify, and The Seeker), and Locked N Loaded=7 (SOYL, Rosie, Heartbreak Hotel, Jumpin Jack, The Plague, New World Tune, and Aint Goin Down).

So 89 songs (26 of which are covers).

Compare that to RHCP (which officially formed just a couple of years earlier), who have around 230 officially-released songs (give or take a few).

This is why a new album would be nice. But if it doesn’t happen, then so be it.

This is frustrating bcz Axl has one of the largest vocal ranges ever and didn't even release 100 songs.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, AxlSlashthebest said:

yes but we aheve (or I have) nothing to do . 15 days at home and it's gonna be 30 or 45 days so let's dream and speak about this album who exist....or not !!

Exactly. I'm not sure why people have problems with people posting on this thread. It's not like it's taking away something or shifting focus from something else going on.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, MidnightToker said:

And in a much shorter span of time, SMKC has released 46 original songs: 

Slash (Starlight & Back From Cali) - 2
Apocalyptic Love - 15 including the two bonus tracks
World on Fire - 17
Living The Dream - 12

So the problem is not Slash...

Oh thanks for that, I thought it was Slash. Maybe it is Axl? Nah... 😂

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Uncle Bob said:

Worldwide economy is going to be terrible after the virus. Gn'R missed a huge chance of making huge sales with a new album. They will never have an opportunity like this ever again

Good! That’s what they get for dragging ass.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...