The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

Right now? Fuck albums. Axl, Slash, and Duff: sit in one room, play some acoustic song – it doesn’t even have to be new, just some deep cut or a new cover would do – say a nice sentence or two about people needing to hold on, smile, wave... aaaand cut! Just upload it. 
How hard would that be, in times when others are releasing new records right now? 

Edited by jamillos
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, jamillos said:

Right now? Fuck albums. Axl, Slash, and Duff: sit in one room, play some acoustic song – it doesn’t even have to be new, just some deep cut or a new cover would do – say a nice sentence or two about people needing to hold on, smile, wave... aaaand cut! Just upload it. 
How hard would that be, in times when others are releasing new records right now? 

Or some sort of paid subscription service...

9 hours ago, RussTCB said:

OK, but answer my original question. 

Huh? Why? 

for organizational purposes makes sense, but if you wanted to be a hard ass u could just lock this thread and any other msgs that come to fruition to instill a sense of reality that this is now a serious non-topic that could go alternatively go in MY WORLD lol  

1 minute ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

for organizational purposes makes sense, but if you wanted to be a hard ass u could just lock this thread and any other msgs that come to fruition to instill a sense of reality that this is now a serious non-topic that could go alternatively go in MY WORLD lol  

Nah- it's good to have somewhere to endlessly speculate in! 

It's easily avoided though if you don't want to read it.........

• Like 1

Someone in the other thread said that GnR might not perform again until Axl is 60 and that it might be the end of the road for GnR; if that's true then they've really dropped the ball and wasted a lot of time, both with new music and the reunion itself. In the end was it all worth it?

GNR would be fine if they would just communicate more throughly. I believe Slash when he says he's been recording. Maybe the band are just not communicating about it because they don't want to say something and then have it not work out. At this point I've stopped feeling bad that they aren't releasing anything. When they do I'll be excited but at this point I wish Slash would stop mentioning it when he doesn't even know when it's going to happen. 

2 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

Someone in the other thread said that GnR might not perform again until Axl is 60 and that it might be the end of the road for GnR; if that's true then they've really dropped the ball and wasted a lot of time, both with new music and the reunion itself. In the end was it all worth it?

Eh, I’m still glad I got to see Axl and Slash together live, for once in my life. Worth it for me! It’d be sad if it ends now with no new music, tho.

Edited by rocknroll41

7 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Eh, I’m still glad I got to see Axl and Slash together live, for once in my life. Worth it for me! It’d be sad if it ends now with no new music, tho.

Yeah I agree, that part is worth it, but then they could've just done one reunion/farewell tour instead of continuing every year.

28 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

Oh, I'm sure they'll perform again. I don't see them stopping performing at all really as long as they're all still physically capable. 

They've undoubtedly dropped the ball again and wasted a lot of time and momentum though. That's indisputable in my view. It'll be like a fire slowly dying out. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

They've undoubtedly dropped the ball again and wasted a lot of time and momentum though. That's indisputable in my view. It'll be like a fire slowly dying out. 

they didn't drop the ball or wasted time though. They chose to ride the nostalgia train and by doing so they've made history and a lot of money. If you have a different goal than me and you nail it but I think your goal is a waste of your time, it doesn't really mean anything. Especially if Axl doesn't mind putting off the shit that he knows will take him a long time to accomplish like new albums and instead first make the money while he still can really profit from it.

you know what I mean? when Slash returned to Gn'R in 2016, I highly doubt Axl was capable of releasing new material that he'll be satisfied with quickly enough and still accomplish what he did with the NITL tour. Maybe he'd rather not release anything at all and instead succeed in the areas where there is the most chance to succeed and still have the option to make a record that he'll be proud of by taking his time with it.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

Just now, Rovim said:

they didn't drop the ball or wasted time though. They chose to ride the nostalgia train and by doing so they've made history and a lot of money. If you have a different goal than me and you nail it but I think your goal is a waste of your time, it doesn't really mean anything. Especially if Axl doesn't mind putting off the shit that he knows will take him a long time to accomplish like new albums and instead first make the money while he still can really profit from it.

you know what I mean? when Slash returned to Gn'R in 2016, I highly doubt Axl was capable of releasing new material that he'll be satisfied with quickly enough.  Maybe he'd rather not release anything at all and instead succeed in the areas where there is the most chance to succeed and still have the option to make a record that he'll be proud of by taking his time with it.

Well if their goal was to "ride the nostalgia train" make lots of money in the short-term, then play to half-empty venues to dwindling interest until they fade away then fine. 

A lot of people see that as wasting time and dropping the ball though, when it comes to the potential they have/had.  

And yes, we've heard every excuse in the book about 'taking time' with new material. That's been going on for over a decade now. And it'll more than likely go on for the next few decades too. 

37 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Oh, I'm sure they'll perform again. I don't see them stopping performing at all really as long as they're all still physically capable. 

3 minutes ago, Rovim said:

you know what I mean? when Slash returned to Gn'R in 2016, I highly doubt Axl was capable of releasing new material that he'll be satisfied with quickly enough and still accomplish what he did with the NITL tour. Maybe he'd rather not release anything at all and instead succeed in the areas where there is the most chance to succeed and still have the option to make a record that he'll be proud of by taking his time with it.

You're both right in a way, but I think they could've still released a single or something along the way. I mean they rerecorded and released soyl, they could've done Hard Skool or something and released that (before it all leaked). Or the seeker or something.

1 minute ago, MaskingApathy said:

You're both right in a way, but I think they could've still released a single or something along the way. I mean they rerecorded and released soyl, they could've done Hard Skool or something and released that (before it all leaked). Or the seeker or something.

Haha - there's no way that SOYL was rerecorded! If it was they would have 100 per cent marketed it as such! 

So Doug Goldstein was on the Appetite 4 Distortion podcast unexpectedly. They talked about a myriad of things, but as far as new album stuff, his suggestion was to release an EP, tour it, then halfway through the tour, release another, just to give new life to the tour. He said, "If I was in a position of authority, which I'm not, that's what I would do." 

Thoughts? 

6 minutes ago, GNRfanJen said:

So Doug Goldstein was on the Appetite 4 Distortion podcast unexpectedly. They talked about a myriad of things, but as far as new album stuff, his suggestion was to release an EP, tour it, then halfway through the tour, release another, just to give new life to the tour. He said, "If I was in a position of authority, which I'm not, that's what I would do." 

Thoughts? 

I usually don’t like him, but in this case, he’s right.

Alan Niven (who I also usually don’t like) once said that ChiDem should’ve been released as a series of EPs instead of as an album, and he was probably right about that too.

Edited by rocknroll41