The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

13 minutes ago, GoBucky said:

I've seen PJ 77 times since early '92 and the new album is awful 

I personally think it is their best album since Binaural!  I suppose not every album will be liked by every fan.  I hear some amazingly different sonic stuff they are trying out on this album and it is fantastic to me

18 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

My copy of the new Pearl Jam arrived on vinyl earlier today. I can wait to spin it tonight. I haven't listened to anything outside of the first single yet. 

Lemme know what you think!  The artwork looks amazing blown up on the vinyl sleeves like that, tempted to get the vinyl from the Ten Club shop

Edited by WhazUp
  • Like 1

This album can be released tomorrow or this year  and when it comes out and I will bet 100% this is what's gonna happen

"This album sucks what a waste of fucking time all those years wasted"

"Not even gonna bother listening if Izzy is not part of it."

"Axl sounds terrible they should have used his vocals from the 90s."

"Wheres the next one? it should have been a triple album"

"yawn we heard these songs before"

"Album is overproduced crap they should have taken more time"

"bands a fucking joke fuck you Fernando you ruined this album I am done with this fucking band this album was a blatant cash grab"

We will be right back to square one. Mark my words

Edited by Gibsonfender2323
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

This album can be released tomorrow or this year  and when it comes out and I will bet 100% this is what's gonna happen

"bands a fucking joke fuck you Fernando you ruined this album I am done with this fucking band this album was a blatant cash grab"

We will be right back to square one mark my words

I am sure those statements would be made by a couple folks, however I think that the amount of constructive and positive posting about our favorite band finally releasing something would far outweigh any of those types of comments - and should not deter GNR from actually being productive of course

Edited by WhazUp
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

I am sure those statements would be made by some few people, however I think that the amount of constructive and positive posting about our favorite band finally releasing something would far outweigh any of those types of comments - and should not deter GNR from actually being productive

We shall see.... You could be right , but I think we are gonna be in the same situation we are today

Edited by Gibsonfender2323

16 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

I personally think it is their best album since Binaural!  I suppose not every album will be liked by every fan.  I hear some amazingly different sonic stuff they are trying out on this album and it is fantastic to me

Lemme know what you think!  The artwork looks amazing blown up on the vinyl sleeves like that, tempted to get the vinyl from the Ten Club shop

The vinyl release was handled by QRP, so I was expecting a top notch package. It didn't disappoint. Really solid presentation. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

Why care what other people have to say about music dude? I know many here don't like and hate on Get In The Ring but that doesn't stop it from being one of my favourite Guns songs

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Why care what other people have to say about music dude? I know many here don't like and hate on Get In The Ring but that doesn't stop it from being one of my favourite Guns songs

I am just pointing out that the some same people who are bitching about no music are gonna be the same people bitching about it when its released.

13 minutes ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

So you're saying that fans of GN'R would have the exact same reaction as fans of every other band on Earth have? 

Shame on us, I guess? 

Also, you left out other reactions like people saying they love the album. People trying to decide what their favorite song is on the album. People discussing different solos on the album. People discussing their favorite lyrics.....

Again though, people see what the want to, right? It seems you're generally looking for a negative way to view the users on this site. So that's what you'll see. 

• Like 1

Just now, RussTCB said:

So you're saying that fans of GN'R would have the exact same reaction as fans of every other band on Earth have? 

Shame on us, I guess? 

Also, you left out other reactions like people saying they love the album. People trying to decide what their favorite song is on the album. People discussing different solos on the album. People discussing their favorite lyrics.....

Again though, people see what the want to, right? It seems you're generally looking for a negative way to view the users on this site. So that's what you'll see. 

Looking at this thread I don't need to look for it. 

Who said I was shaming?  

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

Looking at this thread I don't need to look for it. 

Who said I was shaming?  

Exactly my point. There's a lot of positive in this thread and on this board in general. However, you are constantly looking for something negative, so that's what you see. 

Not sure how you're confused by where you were shaming. Your entire post was shaming anyone who might have the nerve to have an opinion might not be positive. In addition to the fact that you're not acknowledging the fact that many users will be positive about new music from GNR. 

5 minutes ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

I am just pointing out that the some same people who are bitching about no music are gonna be the same people bitching about it when its released.

Some same people are gonna be bitching about it, and some same people are gonna love it? You needed to point out something really obvious and normal?

• Like 1

Just now, StrangerInThisTown said:

Some same people are gonna be bitching about it, and some same people are gonna love it? You needed to point out something really obvious and normal?

It's ridiculous, really. Like you're saying, there's no reason to point out the obvious. There's definitely no reason to leave out the fact that many people will be positive about it too. Again though, people looking for negative will find it. 

1 minute ago, TheSlashrose said:

Not in GNR world

Huh? 

14 minutes ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

Were you around these parts when Chinese Democracy came out?  I distinctly remember it being a fairly positive and exciting time around here and everyone was stoked GNR finally came out with something.  There will always be *some* negative comments since everyone will have different opinions on things

I don't think the same people who are bitching about new music will be all 100% the same people complaining about the content - I can tell you that I am bitching about no new music because I simply want new music to enjoy from my favorite band and would welcome the opportunity to finally be positive and happy with where GNR is

Edited by WhazUp
  • Like 1

Most people thought Axl sounded bad on the rehearsal clip of Hardschool, but we're still excited to hear them play new songs. This place went crazy over a Looney Tunes song ffs. If there's a new album, of course some people will find something to complain about... but I'm guessing 95% of those complaints will be about Franks drumming and "sound effects" :lol:

Edited by Gordon Comstock
  • Like 1

We all know that Guns has not had a successful single since UYI. CD is good, but far from a success. The Spaghetti was recorded with Izzy at the time of UYI, since the return of Slash and Duff the band fell silent, we are not the damn insiders, so we know absolutely nothing about a new album. Everything is speculation. I see all the bands recording, producing something new, Axl stopped in time, his time. Soon his 60th birthday arrives, and the band turns 40 and we have 2025, is that what he wants? live only past? Damn it. Time has passed and Axl won't be able to sing the songs he recorded between 98-2008, his voice has changed and it doesn't sound the same. The Hardschool rehearsal was not cool.

9 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

Were you around these parts when Chinese Democracy came out?  I distinctly remember it being a fairly positive and exciting time around here and everyone was stoked GNR finally came out with something.  There will always be *some* negative comments since everyone will have different opinions on things

I don't think the same people who are bitching about new music will be all 100% the same people complaining about the content - I can tell you that I am bitching about no new music because I simply want new music to enjoy from my favorite band and would welcome the opportunity to finally be positive and happy with where GNR is

Bingo. Again though, people looking for negative will see negative. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, RussTCB said:

The vinyl release was handled by QRP, so I was expecting a top notch package. It didn't disappoint. Really solid presentation. 

I second this the booklet is stunning and the vinyl itself sounds excellent!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

So then bands shouldn’t release albums then huh? Oh wait, this band already doesn’t...