The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

On 3/26/2020 at 10:36 AM, allwaystired said:

I don't think the lack of Izzy is the problem here in any way, shape or form. 

for a guy that wrote brownstone one of the best songs ever written in under 5 minutes  yeah ... clearly he wouldn't be any help 

many on this board are so entrenched with some diluted delusional vision of a CD 2, the intrumentals that came out were nothing but terrible iterations of half written songs 

while there could be hope with slash and duff writing something, axl has no faith in them and is delusional in thinking any of CD 2 can be salvaged and produced in a cut paste manner 

that being said hard school was ok at best other than that this story is over until izzy is able to work with axl again as there is zero hope otherwise and as others have said the last successful single was when? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

for a guy that wrote brownstone one of the best songs ever written in under 5 minutes  yeah ... clearly he wouldn't be any help 

many on this board are so entrenched with some diluted delusional vision of a CD 2, the intrumentals that came out were nothing but terrible iterations of half written songs 

while there could be hope with slash and duff writing something, axl has no faith in them and is delusional in thinking any of CD 2 can be salvaged and produced in a cut paste manner 

that being said hard school was ok at best other than that this story is over until izzy is able to work with axl again as there is zero hope otherwise and as others have said the last successful single was when? 

this was also the same for think about you.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

Is it "delusional" to like something you don't like? I liked many of the tracks that leaked, including many of the instrumentals. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, megaguns1982 said:

Had a dream last night that GnR dropped a single.... that’s weird, I’ve never dreamt about gunners before.

unfortunately I can’t remember what it sounded like 

Come on think. We'll take anything at this point 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Izzy Stradlin has absolutely nothing to do with this thread. But yeah, he wrote some great GN'R songs in the past. 

I agree, but if Down By The Ocean is a good song, I would love for it to be a part of a new Guns album. If Axl asked Izzy to give him this song that's a good enough of a reason for me to want to hear it. That way, we'll have at least 1 track that was written by Izzy but I wonder if Axl will want to release it now after the shit that went down between them.

Also: I love Izzy but it's not like every great Gn'R tune was written by him. (though many great Gn'R tunes were) Some UYI tunes don't even feature his guitar playing/backing vocals and that material is still great imo.

I think some fans don't take into consideration that it's likely that a potential new album will contain ideas that came from the minds of not just Axl, Slash, Duff and the rest of the current line up. It seems like Axl wants to use at least some of his unreleased Chinese era material, so even if it's reworked and re-recorded, the origin of some tunes can be Paul, Robin, Bucket, Josh, etc.

That could lead to a strong and diverse release imo as others that came before the reunion can fill the songwriting "vacuum" Izzy left (in a way) with the ideas Axl kept by them. This was done even for Appetite with It's So Easy, a song that of course West Arkeen came up with and the band almost completely reworked. They seem to have a knack for taking a good idea and make it 10 times better, turning it to a great Gn'R tune.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, rumandraisin said:

Be interesting to see the same happen with the 2005-6 era Carem produced sessions leak. Like the Village sessions. We'd have versions of The General and Thyme and stuff. 

or the '96 sessions. The band can try using ideas from the past, the distant past, and new shit as well. Axl said Slash came up with some good shit that was never released before he left Gn'R.

7 hours ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

......or you could say many on this forum aren't utterly obsessed with the past and looking backwards and recognise that some band members are long gone, aren't returning, and that the band's sound has developed and progressed without them. 

12 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

......or you could say many on this forum aren't utterly obsessed with the past and looking backwards and recognise that some band members are long gone, aren't returning, and that the band's sound has developed and progressed without them. 

developed and progressed like Aron Ralston

8 hours ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

This is such a bad take. A lot of those instrumentals were very good. You're clearly blinded by CD hate. It's fine not to like something but I'm not getting that vibe from you. 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 2

While I got over the instrumentals fairly quick, I don't think the band needs Izzy at all.

In this band you have guys that were not only responsible for co-writing the original material but also, 'Contraband' & 'Chinese Democracy'.

In that regard, Izzy who.

• Haha 2

There’s plenty of talent between Axl, Slash and Duff to produce a good album.  It would be nice to have Izzy back, but that’s not going to happen.   I’d take anything at this point.  I just want to hear some new songs from my favorite band.  

1 hour ago, F*ck Fear said:

While I got over the instrumentals fairly quick, I don't think the band needs Izzy at all.

In this band you have guys that were not only responsible for co-writing the original material but also, 'Contraband' & 'Chinese Democracy'.

In that regard, Izzy who.

Izzy co-wrote some riffs on Contrabrand tho that he ended up recycling on his Like A Dog album in 2005 (his song Bomb has the same riff as Do It For The Kids).

That being said, yeah while it’d be nice to have Izzy involved in some way in future stuff, it’s not necessarily needed.

Edited by rocknroll41

1 hour ago, rocknroll41 said:

Izzy co-wrote some riffs on Contrabrand tho that he ended up recycling on his Like A Dog album in 2005 (his song Bomb has the same riff as Do It For The Kids).

That being said, yeah while it’d be nice to have Izzy involved in some way in future stuff, it’s not necessarily needed.

I love Bomb, I think it's a way cooler song than DIFTK. Sounds a lot more Guns N' Roses, too.

3 minutes ago, James Bond said:

Fucking Izzy. I knew it. He's the real reason we don't have new music! Here I thought it was Axl or Team Brazil, or perhaps a combination thereof. Nope, it was Izzy.

Yep, it's 1000% the fault of a guy who hasn't wanted anything to do with this unproductive shit show for almost 30 years haha. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, James Bond said:

Hey now, it's not a total shit show. There was four seconds of rasp in Welcome to the Jungle at the last show, and Axl was looking less bloated and he was in a great mood cracking jokes.

Here's a YouTube video to prove it:

[REMOVED BY TEAM BRAZIL. COME WATCH SWEET CHILD LIVE IN VEGAS INSTEAD.]

Haha, you're in fire today! Keep it up! Literally gave me a laugh I needed :)

• GNFNR 1