The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

22 minutes ago, YourMother'sDruthers said:

During all this chaos and despair we are feeling during this worldwide pandemic, we can at the least take solace in the fact that axl, slash, Duff, Richard, frank, dizzy and Mellisa are hunkered down in the studio, together, cranking out an album for all us fans to distract us from our daily hassles. GNR 2020!!! 

They can do what they want. They don't make music just because fans want it you know. You're so self-entitled to think that they should make music for "us fans". They don't owe you anything. Etc etc. 

Incredibly, that's exactly the sort of thing some people trot out! 

Edited by allwaystired

4 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

What is this Toothpuller demo from 1995? 

Left side, third from the top. "GNR Demos Reel 3"

HfPecPq.jpg

3 takes of a song called Machine Gun, and a track called Tooth Puller. There's also the Duff & Izzy '95 tracks and some West Arkeen stuff.

Edited by Gordon Comstock
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

HfPecPq.jpg

3 takes of a song called Machine Gun, and a track called Tooth Puller. There's also the Duff & Izzy '95 tracks and some West Arkeen stuff.

Thanks! I wonder if it's the same thing, but I know for sure that Slash and Frank (and I guess Duff too) were playing Hendrix' Machine Gun in that soundcheck in Mexico.

I think I remember seeing this picture before, but I'm not sure what it is exactly. Is this a DAT collection from Zutaut's vault?

1 minute ago, Voodoochild said:

Thanks! I wonder if it's the same thing, but I know for sure that Slash and Frank (and I guess Duff too) were playing Hendrix' Machine Gun in that soundcheck in Mexico.

I think I remember seeing this picture before, but I'm not sure what it is exactly. Is this a DAT collection from Zutaut's vault?

I don't know the full story, but apparently some guy owned a storage warehouse and had all these tapes. He told a "fan" about it, and that "fan" alerted management, and they picked up all the tapes the next day.

2 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I don't know the full story, but apparently some guy owned a storage warehouse and had all these tapes. He told a "fan" about it, and that "fan" alerted management, and they picked up all the tapes the next day.

Hahahaha. Great use of quotes.  :lol:

Well, so now we can confirm: Toothpuller is The General.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, axlrosefan4life said:

Robert E Bird the original purchaser of the locker. told me and others that he has over 600 tracks of rehearsals and unreleased music on a hard drive. Also calms to have rehearsal videos from the village. 

So he converted all the DAT tapes into digital and somehow also got videos (betacam? vhs?) of those rehearsals? And he didn't offer any proof?

30 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

So he converted all the DAT tapes into digital and somehow also got videos (betacam? vhs?) of those rehearsals? And he didn't offer any proof?

Hey, this is GNR rumour world! Nobody has been offering proof of anything they claim since around 2002! Including members of the band! 

Edited by allwaystired
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Hey, this is GNR rumour world! Nobody has been offering proof of anything they claim since around 2002! Including members of the band! 

Let me remind you that Rick is who pretty much gave us the leaks last year. He bought the copies of the discs. Iif anybody he's the most credible source regarding locker stuff.

Rick last year talked about the locker and the tracks and nobody believed him. Then demos started flowing like wine ;) 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, axlrosefan4life said:

Robert E Bird the original purchaser of the locker. told me and others that he has over 600 tracks of rehearsals and unreleased music on a hard drive. Also calms to have rehearsal videos from the village. 

Do you know of any specific tracks that he may have? Zodiac with vocals maybe? :)

1 minute ago, All Cautions Made said:

Let me remind you that Rick is who pretty much gave us the leaks last year. He bought the copies of the discs. Iif anybody he's the most credible source regarding locker stuff.

Rick last year talked about the locker and the tracks and nobody believed him. Then demos started flowing like wine ;) 

Let me remind you how many 'insiders' there are who talk utter shit. 

As VoodooChild said above: "So he converted all the DAT tapes into digital and somehow also got videos (betacam? vhs?) of those rehearsals? And he didn't offer any proof?". 

There has been no proof for 99.99 per cent of rumours read here or anywhere else online. No-one ever bothers to offer proof....because 99.99 per cent of the time there is none. 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

23 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

Are you talking about the clip with the soundboard and the band playing the song (but you can't see them)? I saw that; is there another clip with just Slash?

There’s another clip of just slash playing it for like one sec at that rehearsal. It was right before they started one of the other songs. Can’t remember which one, tho... YCBM, maybe?

58 minutes ago, axlrosefan4life said:

Is this something he has told you and the others recently or was it last year/when this all started to happen?

57 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

To be fair - unless I have missed something, how do we know the 600 tracks referred to are DAT and not CD’s like the ‘village’ ones?

41 minutes ago, All Cautions Made said:

I believe what rick's talking about doesn't have anything to do with those Dats on the picture

Yup - i was wondering if @Voodoochild got mixed up between the two OR there were also DATs in the locker. Rick never mentioned DATs which is why i was confused!

FWIW - I listen to what @axlrosefan4life has to say with this stuff given what happened before. 👍

2 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

There’s another clip of just slash playing it for like one sec at that rehearsal. It was right before they started one of the other songs. Can’t remember which one, tho... YCBM, maybe?

Yeah I saw that one, he was just noodling around at soundcheck.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

HfPecPq.jpg

Machine Gun and Tooth Puller are among the Duff/Izzy 1995 tracks (it says it on the label in the picture: GnR demos April 1995). Dizzy had mentioned Tooth Puller as one of the demos Izzy had written. This seems to be the only GnR related tape. Most of the stuff in this storage space seems to have been Duff's vault, like the West Arkeen stuff, demos with Marc Lanegan etc. Actually it was mentioned in an interview Duff did with Susan when they were promoting her book. They said that Duff was informed about the tapes, he collected them and moved them somewhere safe.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Machine Gun and Tooth Puller are among the Duff/Izzy 1995 tracks (it says it on the label in the picture: GnR demos April 1995). Dizzy had mentioned Tooth Puller as one of the demos Izzy had written. This seems to be the only GnR related tape. Most of the stuff in this storage space seems to have been Duff's vault, like the West Arkeen stuff, demos with Marc Lanegan etc. Actually it was mentioned in an interview Duff did with Susan when they were promoting her book. They said that Duff was informed about the tapes, he collected them and moved them somewhere safe.

It seems duff only retreived these recordings when the leaks went public. Its mind boggeling why duff wasnt interested in getting these recordings sooner or have them somewhere safe to begin with....

3 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

It seems duff only retreived these recordings when the leaks went public. Its mind boggeling why duff wasnt interested in getting these recordings sooner or have them somewhere safe to begin with....

This was about a year before the leaks, it's not related. Probably Duff (or someone from his crew/techs) had forgotten these tapes.

5 hours ago, DTJ80 said:

Yup - i was wondering if @Voodoochild got mixed up between the two OR there were also DATs in the locker. Rick never mentioned DATs which is why i was confused!

FWIW - I listen to what @axlrosefan4life has to say with this stuff given what happened before. 👍

Yeah, I assumed he was talking about the DATs. Fair enough then.