The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

I'm not speaking about the DAT tapes. Robert Bird had the village cds. He also as well got a hard drive that was in the locker. The hard drive contains over 600 tracks . I know tracks like Zodiac, Tonto, Oklahoma, and Elvis are among those in that batch with vocals

Edited by axlrosefan4life
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, axlrosefan4life said:

I'm not speaking about the DAT tapes. Robert Bird had the village cds. He also as well got a hard drive that was in the locker. The hard drive contains over 600 tracks . I know tracks like Zodiac, Tonto, Oklahoma, and Elvis are among those in that batch with vocals

I’ve listened to his recent podcasts though - I can’t see that these songs will ever be sold or acquired by us 😕

32 minutes ago, axlrosefan4life said:

Is it really ok to do this name drop?

Wonder if those 600 tracks includes like individual instrument tracks or just different ideas and versions of the same batch of songs.

But it's a shame we didnt get Oklahoma and Elvis with vocals. Those are really good instrumentals.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, axlrosefan4life said:

What is the story of that supposed fax sheet page with a list of song titles? What was that document about?

On 4/3/2020 at 1:12 PM, axlrosefan4life said:

Robert E Bird the original purchaser of the locker. told me and others that he has over 600 tracks of rehearsals and unreleased music on a hard drive. Also calms to have rehearsal videos from the village. 

Doubt.

Edited by ShadowOfTheWave
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

Are we sure Zutaut was still with the band when Axl laid down vocals for Oklahoma and Soul Monster? That doesn't sound right.

Axl mentioned Oklahoma vocals in 2000, so Zutaut would’ve been there. I agree tho that Soul Monster having vocals during that stint doesn’t sound right.

42 minutes ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

Are we sure Zutaut was still with the band when Axl laid down vocals for Oklahoma and Soul Monster? That doesn't sound right.

Who knows when those vocals were laid down? I believe Zutaut was removed from the project in early 2002. In an article in I believe Classic Rock it was stated that the final straw was Axl showing up to what he was told was a private screening of black hawk down and finding that the screening was not private. WTTJ was featured in the film and Zutaut had assured Axl he would be getting a private viewing. When he showed up and found other people there Axl freaked out and fired Zutaut. That movie came out in December of 2001. Now I would imagine there were many problems leading up to this moment but this incident pushed Axl over the edge. Now given that these instrumentals were completed in 1999-2000 it doesn’t seem unreasonable that vocals for some of the aforementioned tracks could have been recorded in 2001 and could have been in Zutaut’s possession. Remember the original plan back in the day had been to drop CD and drop another completed album shortly thereafter. Axl spoke about this in late 2002. I doubt he would have mentioned this if both albums were not near completion. We always assumed the vocals for songs like Soul Monster were laid down in the mid 2000s but that was never confirmed anywhere. They were most likely were completely in 2000-2001. Now others songs such has seven, the general, ect...may have been completed a bit later as we know Beltrami worked on these in 2003 and commented on them as if he heard them in near finished fashion. The greatest shame is that the majority of hardcore fans have heard none of this shit. At this point what was the fucking point? 

@axlrosefan4life feel free to chime in. But my guess is that I’m pretty fucking spot on. 

Edited by Arnuld

Just now, rocknroll41 said:

Axl mentioned Oklahoma vocals in 2000, so Zutaut would’ve been there. I agree tho that Soul Monster having vocals during that stint doesn’t sound right.

Axl said it was inspired by his court date with Erin, but I've recently started to doubt he had recorded vocals on it at that point, since he showed it to Rolling Stone as an instrumental and it also doesn't have vocals in the leaks. Then again it was apparently an alt at HOB 2001.

4 minutes ago, Arnuld said:

Who knows when those vocals were laid down? I believe Zutaut was removed from the project in early 2002. In an article in I believe Classic Rock it was stated that the final straw was Axl showing up to what he was told was a private screening of black hawk down and finding that the screening was not private. WTTJ was featured in the film and Zutaut had assured Axl he would be getting a private viewing. When he showed up and found other people there Axl freaked out and fired Zutaut. That movie came out in December of 2001. Now I would imagine there were many problems leading up to this moment but this incident pushed Axl over the edge. Now given that these instrumentals were completed in 1999-2000 it doesn’t seem unreasonable that vocals for some of the aforementioned tracks could have been recorded in 2001 and could have been in Zutaut’s possession. Remember the original plan back in the day had been to drop CD and drop another completed album shortly thereafter. Axl spoke about this in late 2002. I doubt he would have mentioned this if both albums were not near completion. We always assumed the vocals for songs like Soul Monster were laid down in the mid 2000s but that was never confirmed anywhere. They were most likely were completely in 2000-2001. Now others songs such has seven, the general, ect...may have been completed a bit later as we know Beltrami worked on these in 2003 and commented on them as if he heard them in near finished fashion. The greatest shame is that the majority of hardcore fans have heard none of this shit. At this point was was the fucking point? 

@axlrosefan4life feel free to chime in. But my guess is that I’m pretty fucking spot on. 

Didn't Beltrami say none of them had vocals?

9 hours ago, axlrosefan4life said:

🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯

😭 - Zodiac is killer instrumental.

In your opinion will these see the light of day at some point?

• Like 1

I've mentioned somewhere in this thread that I think Guns should do a double album to beef up the back catalogue. Obviously at this point, I'd take anything if possible but, with the anniversary of UYI nearing closer, why not follow the exact same concept and release two standalone albums and tour those for 2-3 years? The market is obviously a lot different to what it was back then, but has anyone done that with such publicity since? It would certainly get people talking. 

I'm also beginning to wonder if the reason we've heard nothing in regards to the tour being postponed is due to them advertising that 2020 was going to be GNR's year. Who knows at this point? I hope they have something in the pipeline.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dean said:

I've mentioned somewhere in this thread that I think Guns should do a double album to beef up the back catalogue. Obviously at this point, I'd take anything if possible but, with the anniversary of UYI nearing closer, why not follow the exact same concept and release two standalone albums and tour those for 2-3 years? The market is obviously a lot different to what it was back then, but has anyone done that with such publicity since? It would certainly get people talking. 

Werent the UYI tapes among the Universal fire losses? I remember reading somewhere that GNR tapes were lost, just remembred that as tou mentioned the UYI and the tought of a remaster crosssed mt mind

Edited by default_

2 hours ago, Dean said:

I'm also beginning to wonder if the reason we've heard nothing in regards to the tour being postponed is due to them advertising that 2020 was going to be GNR's year. Who knows at this point? I hope they have something in the pipeline.

Funnily enough I think the band is in exactly the same position as they were in 1990, expectations are really huge for a new album, they are struggling to find a way to do it. Releasing a shitload of material at once to compensate worked once before, so why not do it again? Side one reworked CD stuff, side two entirely new songs.?

• GNFNR 2

1 hour ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Side one reworked CD stuff, side two entirely new songs.?

could be problematic. A double album sure, but there is a lot of factors to consider when you decide the sequencing. At least more than just to which era a certain song belongs to and also they won't know after they've written new material.

what's the advantage in splitting the two eras for the band? I would think Axl will want to make it sound as cohesive as possible. UYI wasn't sequenced like that. It sounds like Axl just thought about what will have the best flow when he came up with it for those albums which I think takes precedent over everything else.

Edited by Rovim

11 minutes ago, Rovim said:

could be problematic. A double album sure, but there is a lot of factors to consider when you decide the sequencing. At least more than just to which era a certain song belongs and also they won't know after they've written new material.

what's the advantage in splitting the two eras for the band? I would think Axl will want to make it sound as cohesive as possible. UYI wasn't sequenced like that. It sounds like Axl just thought about what will have the best flow when he came up with it for those albums which I think takes precedent over everything else.

UYI was sequenced as classic hard rock album and stretching musically/experimental album. I don't see them doing that again but making all the unreleased 2000s stuff into one album will just sound more cohesive imo. I don't think Slash is bringing in songs that sound like Soul Monster or Eye On You

8 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

UYI was sequenced as classic hard rock album and stretching musically/experimental album. I don't see them doing that again but making all the unreleased 2000s stuff into one album will just sound more cohesive imo. I don't think Slash is bringing in songs that sound like Soul Monster or Eye On You

what I mean is that the final sequencing could be dictated more by which tunes go well together, after a Slash and Duff makeover and after new material is completed. Leaked material could be updated to sound way more Gn'R and even if it's different compared to, say, a new Slash tune it can still go together well with a Chinese era tune on the same "disk".

factors are style, length, tempo, theme, etc.

5 minutes ago, Rovim said:

what I mean is that the final sequencing could be dictated more by which tunes go well together, after a Slash and Duff makeover and after new material is completed. Leaked material could be updated to sound way more Gn'R and even if it's different compared to, say, a new Slash tune it can still go together well with a Chinese era tune on the same "disk".

factors are style, length, tempo, theme, etc.

I mean yeah they can do that, but by splitting them into 2 discs/albums that's already a really strong theme for each album. The "Axl" side of the album could be way more experimental, include industrial type sections in songs etc., Axls artistic vision fullfilled + whole other album of "classic" sound GNR songs all at once. Just seems like a win win for me instead of releasing one album with many modern type Axl songs interspersed that many fans wouldn't be fans of or don't want in a GNR album.

14 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

I mean yeah they can do that, but by splitting them into 2 discs/albums that's already a really strong theme for each album. The "Axl" side of the album could be way more experimental, include industrial type sections in songs etc., Axls artistic vision fullfilled + whole other album of "classic" sound GNR songs all at once. Just seems like a win win for me instead of releasing one album with many modern type Axl songs interspersed that many fans wouldn't be fans of or don't want in a GNR album.

I guess, but not all of it is modern sounding. Even less out of place when Slash and Duff play the material. They've played 8 Chinese tunes live. All the tunes sound like they can go together in the same album with newer/Slash based tunes. Hard School played by Slash could fit with a song like Slither for example on the same album maybe.

we haven't heard all the unreleased Chinese tunes and we haven't heard what they still didn't write together. I think after you've got all the pieces it's easier to put together the puzzle.

11 minutes ago, Rovim said:

I guess, but not all of it is modern sounding. Even less out of place when Slash and Duff play the material. They've played 8 Chinese tunes live. All the tunes sound like they can go together in the same album with newer/Slash based tunes. Hard School played by Slash could fit with a song like Slither for example on the same album maybe.

we haven't heard all the unreleased Chinese tunes and we haven't heard what they still didn't write together. I think after you've got all the pieces it's easier to put together the puzzle.

You could be right. But you could also be drunk. Just like me, I mean we are both sitting at home in quarantine, talking about the way GNR should sequence their double album release. When it's highly probable not even enough material for a single album has been worked on, or will ever see the light of day lmao.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

A double album comprised of mostly CD-era material, with some polishing and a handful of entirely new songs would be amazing.

Call them Guns N' Roses and Guns N' Roses II

I just hope, I really hope they keep at least some of Bucket and Brain's parts. Bucket's work on the reworked OMG, and Soul Monster is amazing. I also liked some of the Bucket and Brain instrumentals from the Village leaks, but I doubt the latter will ever surface officially unless Axl completed them since then with vocals, etc. 

• Like 3

Honestly, they should just drop the whole “CD Sessions” on Spotify right now to give something for their quarantine fans to enjoy, specifying that those sessions are to not be mislead as the first new Axl and Slash release in a thousand years and then focus on a completely new album.

Axl solo happened 20 years ago and it failed almost miserably, its time to move on.

But its fat Alex we’re talkin bout so... never gonna happen.

Edited by default_
  • Like 3

I had a dream last night that GNR dropped a new album, the cover was literally just Pearl Jam's Gigaton.

The album had around 18 songs and was 1hr and 22m long, tracklist was something like:

1. Hardschool - performed on Jimmy Kimmel with the next song shortly before the album release

2. All or Nothing (feat. Big Sean) - wtf?

3. Atlas - titled just like that

4. Quick Song

4. Cuban Skies - 9 mins long

5. First Right - around 5 mins long

6. ?

7. ?

8. ?

9. Devious Bastard

10. Tonto

11. ?

12. ?

13. Real Doll.com

14. ?

15. Chicken Cobbler

16. Time Attack

17. Soul Monster

18. ?

Sadly no Perhaps or The General. This quarantine is really messing with my head, somebody help me

• Like 2
  • Haha 1