The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

13 minutes ago, YourRocketDing said:

Anybody 'reckon or know if the band is using this time of lockdown to work more on the album? Or is the band chillin'?

no one here knows. We cannot be trusted with this kind of top secret information unfortunately.

On 4/5/2020 at 2:02 AM, ApacheChief42 said:

Most bizarre dream I've had in a long time, I sure hope so lol

One of most weirdest GNR type dreams I've had was hanging out with the current members of GNR and Angus Young, but everybody looked like how they currently look but Axl was '88 Axl, then everybody left and Axl and I smoked a cigarette, then Axl shot up some heroin and I woke up.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, NicoGNR5 said:

Where did the title “Stay of Execution” came from?, just a fan using his illusions a little too much?

Axl trademarked the title and then abandoned the trademark a year later. 

8 minutes ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

Slash's riffs have been mediocre at best since Snakepit. On the last SMKC release only the melodic stuff (TGP & TOYLGA) was interesting.

I could see the argument about songs and how they utilized the riffs...  but not the riffs themselves :D... between the six SMKC/VR records? Bad take. I mean, I like Snakepit the best of his solo stuff, too, but... if the argument is he doesn't have the creative capacity anymore, it's just not gonna fly.

He's best with co-writers sure, that's what people want out of this  thing, but as Free Bird said, his primary skill is intact for a new GNR album. 

Edited by Ant
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, Ant said:

I could see the argument about songs and how they utilized the riffs...  but not the riffs themselves :D... between the six SMKC/VR records? Bad take. I mean, I like Snakepit the best of his solo stuff, too, but... if the argument is he doesn't have the creative capacity anymore, it's just not gonna fly.

He's best with co-writers sure, that's what people want out of this  thing, but as Free Bird said, his primary skill is intact for a new GNR album. 

I disagree. I know Slash's hardcore fans love stuff like Halo, Wicked Stone, BTSS, ect. and a lot those riffs are good but imo they don't compare to stuff like Beggars, Be The Ball, Serial Killer, Speed Parade. On the harder stuff imo he's an older artist going through the motions, solid but forgettable. On the melodic stuff though, I think he still produces a melody every now and then that is creative and stands up to his past work.

18 hours ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

Slash's riffs have been mediocre at best since Snakepit. On the last SMKC release only the melodic stuff (TGP & TOYLGA) was interesting.

Driving Rain and Mind Your Manners both had really cool, GNR-esque riffs. Slash can still bring it when he wants to.

Edited by Towelie

18 minutes ago, Towelie said:

Driving Rain and Mind Your Manners both had really cool, GNR-esque riffs. Slash can still bring it when he wants to.

Funny how the same is often said about Axl, and, yet, I still don't believe it

So, to put things in perspective:

November 2018: Alan Niven says Slash told him in September 2018 Axl is picking out CD II songs to be featured on the new release

April 2019:Slash says they will begin to work on new album after the mini tour ends

April 2019: Slash records in Axl's home studio

November 2019: Mini tour ends

January 2020: Slash says there's "recording" going on

March 2020: Slash says he's been doing Guns stuff in the studio

Despite the delusions of some, it's very unlikely Axl is going to write new lyrics to new Slash/Duff compositions. In 2016 Axl made it clear the next album was going to be CD stuff whether Slash and Duff played on it or not. How long could Slash replacing Robin/Bucket parts possibly take? This has to be finished by next year if the guys are telling the truth, right?

Edited by ShadowOfTheWave