The "New Album" Thread - Susan McKagan says album is coming

I didn't realize so many bands put out new music with greatest hits records. 

Learn something new every week!

Would be funny if they put a song most everyone doesn't like on one. Haha

• Haha 1
  • Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Grandma's hamster has never been in safer hands.

Axl is close to 60 Reunion is now over 4 years old The last unheard new song was played in 2006 The last studio album was in 2008 The last new song before that in 1999 Every s

Might as well bust this out again:

Posted Images

29 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

I didn't realize so many bands put out new music with greatest hits records. 

Learn something new every week!

Would be funny if they put a song most everyone doesn't like on one. Haha

Sympathy For The Devil is on GNRs GH. So ironic

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
1 hour ago, ThePreacher said:

Existe alguma verdade sobre o que eles estão dizendo no outro fórum que Duff falou sobre o adiamento do álbum GNR devido a coronavírus?

This is the "excuse" that everyone already expected

4 minutes ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

Soul Monster is Axl's favorite song. Yet Axl seems quite content to never release it or sing it live. I really don't understand this man.

Imagine if GNR/Axl were cool enough to drop a track like Soul Monster for Record Store Day?

Instead we will have to wait until 2050 for a posthumous Chinese Democracy follow up album.

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 2
3 hours ago, jackparker123 said:

Imagine if GNR/Axl were cool enough to drop a track like Soul Monster for Record Store Day?

Instead we will have to wait until 2050 for a posthumous Chinese Democracy follow up album.

Don’t count on it, Axl’s one spiteful fella. If Axl doesn’t want to release it, he will take it to his grave and very well possibly the afterlife. Unless someone else has or had access to these tracks and currently still has them, we will NEVER hear them. 

3 hours ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

Soul Monster is Axl's favorite song. Yet Axl seems quite content to never release it or sing it live. I really don't understand this man.

I think the whole fan base would agree with the last sentence. Take the mexico soundcheck. The band soundcheck 3 different songs, including hardschool and the biggest cuck to the fanbase is not playing either of them in the set as a teaser and taste to their proposed US tour.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, smokingarthur said:

Don’t count on it, Axl’s one spiteful fella. If Axl doesn’t want to release it, he will take it to his grave and very well possibly the afterlife. Unless someone else has or had access to these tracks and currently still has them, we will NEVER hear them. 

Absolutely. We need Zutaut to open his sack of goodies 

10 hours ago, smokingarthur said:

Makes me wonder, what kind of safe he's got. Would we need one of his eyes, hands,...??

52 minutes ago, MildlyArtistic said:

Knowing Team Brazil, they'll absolutely wring as much cash as they can from unreleased GNR stuff when Axl kicks it.

More likely is that Axl will lit up the vault before he dies

Edited by Free Bird
1 hour ago, MildlyArtistic said:

Knowing Team Brazil, they'll absolutely wring as much cash as they can from unreleased GNR stuff when Axl kicks it.

I think this is practically guaranteed. Just look at Bowie, Prince, MJ.

I would expect 2-3 albums within 5 years of Axls death personally.

Slash said something in some interview like ,,we do not know how to release album" 

maybe he was reffering to the CD leftovers and a couple of new songs by Axl, Duff and him (I dont believe they have written 12 or more songs that are worth material by Axl's standards, I assume 4-5 songs are written)

so the do not know how to ,,complete" album with that

maybe I am wrong with this but just was thinking

Edited by dragan1978
12 minutes ago, dragan1978 said:

Slash said something in some interview like ,,we do not know how to release album" 

maybe he was reffering to the CD leftovers and a couple of new songs by Axl, Duff and him (I dont believe they have written 12 or more songs that are worth material by Axl's standards, I assume 4-5 songs are written)

Interesting thought.

9 minutes ago, dragan1978 said:

No, they meant it financially speaking. They don't know how to release an album for maximum profit. They are looking at copy and pasting a bunch of powerchords from Paul Huge Tobias' sessions and Axl's old vocal lines, drowned in a lot of over the top random layers of random Pitman noises. Slash wil re-record some lead on top of it. At the end of the day, it won't be released becquse they won't be able to figure out 'how to release an album'. 

It goes on streaming services and people start listening to it. That's how stuff is released nowadays. I don't know what the band are expecting, especially for an older band like they are. They can market it how they want but album release is pretty simple nowadays. Physical or digital. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Jw224 said:

It goes on streaming services and people start listening to it. That's how stuff is released nowadays. I don't know what the band are expecting, especially for an older band like they are. They can market it how they want but album release is pretty simple nowadays. Physical or digital. 

That's how it works for every other band on Earth outside of GNR. 

1 hour ago, Jw224 said:

They can do both. I dont know how hard that is. Unless the band want certain $$ or royalties for digital streaming like spotify ?.

26 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

They can do both. I dont know how hard that is. Unless the band want certain $$ or royalties for digital streaming like spotify ?.

Yes they can do both, I just mean it's easy to do both. I feel that could be it, the band are wanting more money than anyone is willing to pay lol. 

43 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

That's how it works for every other band on Earth outside of GNR. 

I imagine it's a really stupid reason as well, like the money thing that was mentioned before. 

2 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

The band gets an advance. The label gets the revenue until it recoups its cost. If the advance is a high enough number, the label needs more than streaming revenue to make back its investment. If the advance is too high, the artist will need to renegotiate that number if they want to release music  

How to release is not a problem. They could very well debut new songs live if they really wanted. That's what I think they were thinking when included Hardschool in the setlist.

By the way, I already said that, but as a reminder: Fiona Apple is gonna release a new album (first in 8 years) this Friday, even though management/record label advised her to postpone it to October. "Fetch the Bolt Cutters" will be available on ALL streaming platforms on Friday 17th including: Spotify, Apple, Amazon Music, YouTube, Google Play, Pandora, Napster, I heart Radio, Soundcloud and Deezer.

17 hours ago, Jw224 said:

'Both' is what every other act does. 

It's astonishingly simple. Bands a fraction of GNR's size release albums physically and digitally constantly. 

The big difference though is that they have material to release. 

• Like 1