The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

9 minutes ago, StayofExecution2020 said:

Not even a "we hope you're safe" message. Instead the usual and useless way of using social media. Fuck Fernando, fuck tb, fuck Kat 

I though they were turning a corner in terms of social media in the lead up to the SA tour. They were putting up live clips from shows (not just video with appetite layered on top). But their recent social media posting has been awful.

12 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

And Fiona released her new album. Hard to listen, totally anti-mainstream.

She did, but smaller artists are able to do that. 

Artists her size can actually benefit from the larger artists pushing their releases back, as the smaller acts are the only new music on the block.

1 hour ago, GNR_RNR said:

She did, but smaller artists are able to do that. 

Artists her size can actually benefit from the larger artists pushing their releases back, as the smaller acts are the only new music on the block.

She doesn't need this. But like we already said a million times, bigger acts like Pearl Jam and Dua Lipa released their new albums. Bob Dylan also released new songs. There's room for everyone.

1 hour ago, StayofExecution2020 said:

Not even a "we hope you're safe" message. Instead the usual and useless way of using social media. Fuck Fernando, fuck tb, fuck Kat 

Of those three options, Kat is the only one I'd be interested in.

8 hours ago, chevelle said:

It's easy as fuck to release music these days as long as the artist actually wants to. Hell, you don't even need promotion, you can literally drop an album the same day as a surprise and let it build its own buzz (you know, as long as its actually good). You know that would be HUGE news if a band the size of GNR just surprise released something, and it would work better for them too since no one would have time to build any expectations.

And a GnR album would have a lot of buzz. I think a surprise single would be great along with an announcement about the album. That would get everyone talking for sure.

1 hour ago, StayofExecution2020 said:

Hey I like Kat.

18 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

She doesn't need this. But like we already said a million times, bigger acts like Pearl Jam and Dua Lipa released their new albums. Bob Dylan also released new songs. There's room for everyone.

For some yes. But there's a reason many have delayed albums (which is going to lead to further problems later in the year).

Apple released the album because it doesn't really matter when she releases it.

Pearl Jam had already got their album promotion circuit in before the lockdown so were able to release it.

Dylan can do what he wants, it's like the Stones releasing an album. The numbers are superfluous to the acts success.

1 hour ago, jackparker123 said:

Bob Dylan has today released his second brand new track during this Coronavirus pandemic.

I wonder if social distancing has allowed Slash enough time yet to work out how to release GNR music in 2020?

I think he'll somehow find a way to release an SMKC album even if he can't wrap his head around how to release GNR music 

1 minute ago, StayofExecution2020 said:

Kat is just as useless as the others. Plus she's fucking arrogant

Is she?

Just now, MidnightToker said:

I think he'll somehow find a way to release an SMKC album even if he can't wrap his head around how to release GNR music 

I hope so, I would like that very much.

Unfortunately I cant believe a new album, or even new tracks, ever get released. Axl's history highlights this. Would have loved to get a proper release of anything, but we have to settle for other things we can find. I'd love to be proven wrong, but I have zero faith.

6 hours ago, Voodoochild said:

And Fiona released her new album. Hard to listen, totally anti-mainstream. But with 99 score on metacritic. https://www.metacritic.com/music/fetch-the-bolt-cutters/fiona-apple

I should add that she recorded a lot of it at her own house, using just Garage Band software. 

I really think Axl should reinvent himself by releasing a raw album like this. I mean, not experimental, but stripped down, with not a trace of overproduction. Let guitars sound like guitars. Don't add three vocal layers with octaves of himself. Use a real drum, organic keyboards sounds. Throw away the orchestration. Let the songs breath. 

Axl is a Fiona Apple fan I’m sure?

27 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

Yes he is. Back when that World's Greatest Singers list came out in 2014 and he made the top spot, he responded by listing his own favorites, which included Fiona Apple. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mamundson said:

Absolutely amazed how non- productive/complacent this band is. Absolutely nothing new from these three (together) since 1991 (original music). How is this even possible? Retire.

I wonder how much money you would have now if in 1991, after Use Your Illusion came out, you bet £100/$100 on ZERO new GNR music with Axl/Slash coming out between 1991 and 2020.

20 minutes ago, jackparker123 said:

I wonder how much money you would have now if in 1991, after Use Your Illusion came out, you bet £100/$100 on ZERO new GNR music with Axl/Slash coming out between 1991 and 2020.

Would you bet 100 on them releasing new music in, say, the next five? I wouldn't. 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, jackparker123 said:

I actually made that bet, won a crap load. Then promptly bet my winnings that Axl/Slash wouldn't tour again. Oh well.

• GNFNR 1

2 hours ago, DTJ80 said:

2 hours ago, GNRfanJen said:

Yes he is. Back when that World's Greatest Singers list came out in 2014 and he made the top spot, he responded by listing his own favorites, which included Fiona Apple. 

And he also mentioned he liked her then new album When the Pawn... in that 1999 phone interview to MTV's Kurt Loder about the release of Oh My God.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ThePreacher said:

Evanescence figured it out. They just announced a new album and first single, despite covid-19

To be fair Amy had announced the album in an interview earlier this year. This however is the first time it has been spoken as an album format. If I remember correctly she had said they would just be releasing one off songs to allow people to digest things.

• Thanks 1

The band can't figure out how to release music during periods of 'normality', let alone during a global pandemic. Sometimes I think Axl and TB enjoy holding this music back, knowing how much we want it. It's their petty revenge for all of the shit that's posted online about them.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, gavgnr said:

The band can't figure out how to release music during periods of 'normality', let alone during a global pandemic. Sometimes I think Axl and TB enjoy holding this music back, knowing how much we want it. It's their petty revenge for all of the shit that's posted online about them.

I think Axl would be furious if he knew how Beta & Fernando have treated fans. He's been frustrated and lashed out himself but has never displayed the sadistic hatred those two have.

• Like 1