The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

Just comparing Appetite - Illusion -timeline to present, if Appetite would have been released the first date of this reincarnation of GNR, April 1 2016. Illusions would be set to released in May 28, 2020.

Nevertheless, it does not seem to be plausible that we would see a double album next month.

49 minutes ago, lumenx said:

Fernando just said something about the "new album" on reddit:

"It’s coming along. This pandemic and the moving of our dates and the replanning of our 2020 year took priority here. I know it’s a long ask, but we are close. "

link :

edit: at least it is thought that this account is fernando

Long ask? 

22 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Pretty sad, I see so many artists either dropping new tracks or doing at home shows. Of course Guns does none of that. Now would be a really good time to release Hard School.

If they ever release Hard School with vocals from 99, it would be a complete joke. Not that it'll ever happen anyhow.

It's not up to Fernando whether there will be new music or not or if Hardschool will be released as a single etc, so even if gives any details on that it counts for nothing.

But I'm amazed that it hadn't occurred to him until now (edit: if it's really Fernando) that there should be an update about the tour on their social media :lol:

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 1

I don't care what Fernando is talking about.
They simply wrap the fans in a tight skirt and we are waiting for some concrete answer.
It's very difficult to believe in this band, Axl lost credits, how long has he been talking about a new album? since 2005 or 2006? Your answers are empty.
2021 is coming and maybe we will have something related to UYI.
I believe they have an album up their sleeve, but what the fuck is going on that they can't release a single?

Edited by TheSlashrose

2 hours ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

Why can't they just say exactly what the status of the album is? Is recording finished or not? Mixing? Are they in negotiations with the label? 90% of negativity would die down if they would just tell people what the fuck is going on.

Because A: Hype B: NDA, C: If they did you would say bullshit like always 

1 hour ago, TheSlashrose said:

I don't care what Fernando is talking about.
They simply wrap the fans in a tight skirt and we are waiting for some concrete answer.
It's very difficult to believe in this band, Axl lost credits, how long has he been talking about a new album? since 2005 or 2006? Your answers are empty.
2021 is coming and maybe we will have something related to UYI.
I believe they have an album up their sleeve, but what the fuck is going on that they can't release a single?

ohhh bhoooo hoooo. You ask him for updates he gives you one and you say. "I don't care". Boo fucking hoo 

• Like 1

I say release the rest of the chinese sessions now (with Slash n Duff overdubs) to tide the fans over until next year (possibly focused on a digital release right now with physical formats to follow around Christmas time), then tour and release a 30 anniversary boxset to commemorate the illusions in 2021. I think that would work very nicely and certainly keep the fans happy :) 

@Fernando

Just a few things to add to the Fn’ando’s recent Reddit posts:

- "The band is doing what they can to address the public". I don’t understand. They said nothing until recently, yet the fact the shows were cancelled by the governments had been known for a while. If they were waiting for TM’s statement on refunds, they could have said so. Like, "sorry, the shows have been postponed, and we’ll update you on the tickets status". But they didn’t communicate at all. Their social media suck. There. 
But he wants to "reassess their posting ways". Great, please do that.

- He says he wants to amend the gap between the band and the fans, via e-mail. Well, sounds like a nice move, although I’ll retain certain scepticism if I may; after all, suggestions were posted right in the very Reddit conversation, and if TB wanted to do anything, they already must be aware of tons of things the fans wish for. 

- Says they need to figure out a way to "bridge the gap" regarding bootlegs. Funny statement, considering what they’ve (not) done so far and how much time they’ve had for any such activity, especially these days. I don’t know, man. 

And as usual, "the shutdowns were done without GN’R’s knowledge or direction". Square one. I always remember that Beta’s funny statement "we don’t know who’s doing that, but it will continue"...

In general, although there seem to be certain brighter hints in this convo (the mail, the suggestions), it doesn’t really make a particularly hopeful impression on me; I’m still quite sceptical about it, as much as I’d like to be proven wrong. 

Edited by jamillos
  • Like 1