The "New Album" Thread - Susan McKagan says album is coming

1 hour ago, mamundson said:

Absolutely amazed how non- productive/complacent this band is. Absolutely nothing new from these three (together) since 1991 (original music). How is this even possible? Retire.

I wonder how much money you would have now if in 1991, after Use Your Illusion came out, you bet £100/$100 on ZERO new GNR music with Axl/Slash coming out between 1991 and 2020.

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Grandma's hamster has never been in safer hands.

Axl is close to 60 Reunion is now over 4 years old The last unheard new song was played in 2006 The last studio album was in 2008 The last new song before that in 1999 Every s

Posted Images

20 minutes ago, jackparker123 said:

I wonder how much money you would have now if in 1991, after Use Your Illusion came out, you bet £100/$100 on ZERO new GNR music with Axl/Slash coming out between 1991 and 2020.

Would you bet 100 on them releasing new music in, say, the next five? I wouldn't. 

• Haha 1
19 minutes ago, jackparker123 said:

I actually made that bet, won a crap load. Then promptly bet my winnings that Axl/Slash wouldn't tour again. Oh well.

• GNFNR 1
2 hours ago, DTJ80 said:

Axl is a Fiona Apple fan I’m sure?

2 hours ago, GNRfanJen said:

Yes he is. Back when that World's Greatest Singers list came out in 2014 and he made the top spot, he responded by listing his own favorites, which included Fiona Apple. 

And he also mentioned he liked her then new album When the Pawn... in that 1999 phone interview to MTV's Kurt Loder about the release of Oh My God.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, ThePreacher said:

Evanescence figured it out. They just announced a new album and first single, despite covid-19

To be fair Amy had announced the album in an interview earlier this year. This however is the first time it has been spoken as an album format. If I remember correctly she had said they would just be releasing one off songs to allow people to digest things.

• Thanks 1

The band can't figure out how to release music during periods of 'normality', let alone during a global pandemic. Sometimes I think Axl and TB enjoy holding this music back, knowing how much we want it. It's their petty revenge for all of the shit that's posted online about them.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, gavgnr said:

The band can't figure out how to release music during periods of 'normality', let alone during a global pandemic. Sometimes I think Axl and TB enjoy holding this music back, knowing how much we want it. It's their petty revenge for all of the shit that's posted online about them.

I think Axl would be furious if he knew how Beta & Fernando have treated fans. He's been frustrated and lashed out himself but has never displayed the sadistic hatred those two have.

• Like 1

Just comparing Appetite - Illusion -timeline to present, if Appetite would have been released the first date of this reincarnation of GNR, April 1 2016. Illusions would be set to released in May 28, 2020.

Nevertheless, it does not seem to be plausible that we would see a double album next month.

49 minutes ago, lumenx said:

Fernando just said something about the "new album" on reddit:

"It’s coming along. This pandemic and the moving of our dates and the replanning of our 2020 year took priority here. I know it’s a long ask, but we are close. "

link :

edit: at least it is thought that this account is fernando

Long ask? 

22 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Pretty sad, I see so many artists either dropping new tracks or doing at home shows. Of course Guns does none of that. Now would be a really good time to release Hard School.

If they ever release Hard School with vocals from 99, it would be a complete joke. Not that it'll ever happen anyhow.

It's not up to Fernando whether there will be new music or not or if Hardschool will be released as a single etc, so even if gives any details on that it counts for nothing.

But I'm amazed that it hadn't occurred to him until now (edit: if it's really Fernando) that there should be an update about the tour on their social media :lol:

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 1

I don't care what Fernando is talking about.
They simply wrap the fans in a tight skirt and we are waiting for some concrete answer.
It's very difficult to believe in this band, Axl lost credits, how long has he been talking about a new album? since 2005 or 2006? Your answers are empty.
2021 is coming and maybe we will have something related to UYI.
I believe they have an album up their sleeve, but what the fuck is going on that they can't release a single?

Edited by TheSlashrose
2 hours ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

Why can't they just say exactly what the status of the album is? Is recording finished or not? Mixing? Are they in negotiations with the label? 90% of negativity would die down if they would just tell people what the fuck is going on.

Because A: Hype B: NDA, C: If they did you would say bullshit like always 

1 hour ago, TheSlashrose said:

I don't care what Fernando is talking about.
They simply wrap the fans in a tight skirt and we are waiting for some concrete answer.
It's very difficult to believe in this band, Axl lost credits, how long has he been talking about a new album? since 2005 or 2006? Your answers are empty.
2021 is coming and maybe we will have something related to UYI.
I believe they have an album up their sleeve, but what the fuck is going on that they can't release a single?

ohhh bhoooo hoooo. You ask him for updates he gives you one and you say. "I don't care". Boo fucking hoo 

• Like 1