The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

1 minute ago, ThePreacher said:

Should I bother to suggest something about digitally releasing even a ONE new song and giving us live-performance from 2016?

How many of you already did this? :)

Just do it again, the more the better 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 2

1 hour ago, jamillos said:

Just a few things to add to the Fn’ando’s recent Reddit posts:

- "The band is doing what they can to address the public". I don’t understand. They said nothing until recently, yet the fact the shows were cancelled by the governments had been known for a while. If they were waiting for TM’s statement on refunds, they could have said so. Like, "sorry, the shows have been postponed, and we’ll update you on the tickets status". But they didn’t communicate at all. Their social media suck. There. 
But he wants to "reassess their posting ways". Great, please do that.

- He says he wants to amend the gap between the band and the fans, via e-mail. Well, sounds like a nice move, although I’ll retain certain scepticism if I may; after all, suggestions were posted right in the very Reddit conversation, and if TB wanted to do anything, they already must be aware of tons of things the fans wish for. 

- Says they need to figure out a way to "bridge the gap" regarding bootlegs. Funny statement, considering what they’ve (not) done so far and how much time they’ve had for any such activity, especially these days. I don’t know, man. 

And as usual, "the shutdowns were done without GN’R’s knowledge or direction". Square one. I always remember that Beta’s funny statement "we don’t know who’s doing that, but it will continue"...

In general, although there seem to be certain brighter hints in this convo (the mail, the suggestions), it doesn’t really make a particularly hopeful impression on me; I’m still quite sceptical about it, as much as I’d like to be proven wrong. 

It's just PR talk, we'll see what happens in time. Actions speak louder than words and all that.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

It's just PR talk, we'll see what happens in time. Actions speak louder than words and all that.

I believe so. I mean, I’m always sort of inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt, but on the other hand, how is one a manager of such band for decades and has no clue as to what to do other than arranging shows, since the band hasn’t been doing anything but touring? Do you really need to ask the fans like this, as if you couldn’t, I don’t know, e.g. get inspired by other bands in the same rank? It is ridiculous, indeed. 

• Like 1

Well - if it IS him and he has put it out there for suggestions to TB mail address, we should all do it.

I know that option has always been there (e-mailing that address) but if it’s out in public we can make suggestions then we should go for it - we all make suggestions on here all the time so might as well send them on!

• Like 1

instead of 1000s of fan emails, we should create some well thought wanted list together and let an admin from here send over our "9 steps master plan to please fans" or however we could call it.
new music sure! but if people request to get Ritz88, Paris92 etc. officially.......that should NEVER be a goal by us. We have them in really good quality already.

main focus should be unheard/unseen songs or song versions and footage we dont even have fan recordings, demos etc. from.

Edited by Lim666
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Lim666 said:

instead of 1000s of fan emails, we should create some well thought wanted list together and let an admin from here send over our "9 steps master plan to please fans" or however we could call it.
new music sure! but if people request to get Ritz88, Paris92 etc. officially.......that should NEVER be a goal by us. We have them in really good quality already.

main focus should be unheard/unseen songs or song versions and footage we dont even have fan recordings, demos etc. from.

Se should make a new topic about this and then send the top list for them

5 minutes ago, James Bond said:

Translation:

"Please e-mail us and do our job for us because we are completely incompetent as a management team."

All though they may be indicating a turning point and willingness to start to listen to what the fanbase want. I rather think of the latest posts as a positive step in that direction.

1 minute ago, vloors said:

All though they may be indicating a turning point and willingness to start to listen to what the fanbase want. I rather think of the latest posts as a positive step in that direction.

I hear you, but it's hard not to be skeptical of this band until we see results. Until then, this reads as more of the usual "looking very seriously into what we're doing in that regard" nonsense that has been coming from the band for years. We can e-mail them all we want with valid ideas and constructive criticism, but a lot of what they could be doing is so painfully obvious that it should already be being done.

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, James Bond said:

I hear you, but it's hard not to be skeptical of this band until we see results. Until then, this reads as more of the usual "looking very seriously into what we're doing in that regard" nonsense that has been coming from the band for years. We can e-mail them all we want with valid ideas and constructive criticism, but a lot of what they could be doing is so painfully obvious that it should already be being done.

I agree. How about earning the fan's attention with some action? Like, you know, every other artist in the world?

• Like 1

GNR nor Nando, give a shit about anyone here, or there ideas. It's just another ploy. Axl has nothing left. Any "new" music would be some regurgitated song that began 20 years ago, & would likley include 20 year old vocals. Though, I think its laughable to ever believe this band will ever release "new" (old as hell) music anyway. 

As long as there still selling tickets, what makes anyone believe they would care about anything else? There devotion to there fans?? Yeah ok.

Edited by ll_tj1
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

I'm gonna bring Fiona Apple again. Fuck it.

In her last interview for The Vulture about releasing the album now instead of October, as the record label wanted: 

"This early-release thing was great because I thought, I’m not going to have to do all the press that I don’t want to do, all this stuff that was making me drag my feet. TV appearances, radio stuff, photo shoots. I don’t have to do all that stuff. And the record’s done. There are people who are alone at home or people who are not alone, who are at home with abusive partners or with people they just can’t stand. Maybe they need to put on some headphones as an excuse to get away from those people, and maybe the music can help them get out their feelings inside that they want to scream at these people. So it just seemed very logical to me to put it [the album] out early."

So yeah, it would even work for Axl to not having to promote it with those kind of things he clearly don't want to do.

I agree.  The only problem, all these other artist actually have something to release or delay.  We know because they  understand their fans want music, so they  talk about it, give real updates that make sense etc.  We get none of that

"we cant figure out how to release a single"  hahahahahahahaha

Edited by fabrph5
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

16 hours ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

Because A: Hype B: NDA, C: If they did you would say bullshit like always 

ohhh bhoooo hoooo. You ask him for updates he gives you one and you say. "I don't care". Boo fucking hoo 

Updates? Are you kidding me? Fernando is lost, I'm not sure what he said is true.

3 hours ago, Voodoochild said:

So yeah, it would even work for Axl to not having to promote it with those kind of things he clearly don't want to do.

He actually  apologized for that in "sorry": "but i don't want to do iiiiiiit"! 😂

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, default_ said:

Did our might fermanager gave us the bless of his wisdow on reddit again? What did he say now?

Pandemic disrupted plans, no tour dates except maybe November 2020, they need a tour to go along with an album so probably nothing until 2021, he denies he's condescending and says he'll hold fan contests for new ideas and rethink how they handle social media.

• Like 1