The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

Fuck you and fuck your new album and it's infinite excuses. I don't give a shit about a new album anymore. Give me the demo's up until 2004 and after that I can be done with this cashgrabbing soulless shitshow if a band. Go choke on a fucking yoyo. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

Pandemic disrupted plans, no tour dates except maybe November 2020, they need a tour to go along with an album so probably nothing until 2021, he denies he's condescending and says he'll hold fan contests for new ideas and rethink how they handle social media.

Why not just put it out in November then? To coincide with the SA dates? At least a single in November (Hardskool) would suffice.

22 minutes ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

Pandemic disrupted plans, no tour dates except maybe November 2020, they need a tour to go along with an album so probably nothing until 2021, he denies he's condescending and says he'll hold fan contests for new ideas and rethink how they handle social media.

Yes. For normal bands. Not for a "band" like gnr that has had excuses for not releasing anything at all for over a decade. There's always a new excuse. Stop believing their bullshit. There is no new album and even if there were TB is too utterly incompetent to release it. The pandemic is another handy reason for them to keep touring and squeezing money from fans. Fuck that shit. 

Just now, DieselDaisy said:

It should be difficult picking a winner as everyone's submission will be exactly the same: ''new album'', ''new album'', ''new album'', ''new album''....

They'll pick this one: 

"add another leg to the NITL tour and release a new yoyo"

- "Not Fernando's alt account"

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

Wow, saiying the pandemic is the reason not release an album, didnt see that coming. Wow

And fan contests? HAUEHA This guy is a genious.

Edited by default_
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Lim666 said:

instead of 1000s of fan emails, we should create some well thought wanted list together and let an admin from here send over our "9 steps master plan to please fans" or however we could call it.
new music sure! but if people request to get Ritz88, Paris92 etc. officially.......that should NEVER be a goal by us. We have them in really good quality already.

main focus should be unheard/unseen songs or song versions and footage we dont even have fan recordings, demos etc. from.

I agree with this - compile a wish list thats within reason. I wouldn’t omit Ritz 88 - it deserves an official release for the less fanatical who don’t know about the cool fan versions.....or at the very least some airplay of he gig/some songs on their channel. I know it may not be the best gig but it captures a time and essence.

As for a list - an easy start would be to get some cool pro shots of some songs out there - like a couple of songs from Troubadour or one of the gigs that we know was professionally filmed. Just a couple of songs would be a start!!

Edited by DTJ80

1 hour ago, Voodoochild said:

Honestly, I wouldn't even bother to send anything. At best, they are trying to have more email adresses to send spam to.

It can’t hurt to try though....and if your spam goes through the roof just block it. Unless you are in the market for a GNR Laundry Bag.....😂

I agree with @Lim666 that we should have a complied single list of suggestions rather than 100’s of randoms which will have duplicate suggestions.

Edited by DTJ80
  • GNFNR 1

i am not that interested in a new album (not that i think it will happen anyway)..

i didnt realise Guns did a song with NWA back in the day that was never release (apocalypse) or something like that... now that's something i would i would love to hear if i could pick and choose what i could get my hands on.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, ll_tj1 said:

GNR nor Nando, give a shit about anyone here, or there ideas. It's just another ploy. Axl has nothing left. Any "new" music would be some regurgitated song that began 20 years ago, & would likley include 20 year old vocals. Though, I think its laughable to ever believe this band will ever release "new" (old as hell) music anyway. 

As long as there still selling tickets, what makes anyone believe they would care about anything else? There devotion to there fans?? Yeah ok.

Why would they bother saying anything if thats the case?

Btw I really liked how he recorded rock the rock 20 years ago for a future episode of the looney tunes show.

That just there showed his still happy to go in and nail vocals.

I am sure they wont be just chinese leftovers if they do release something. Chinese material for the most part is outdated. 

Edited by vloors
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, ll_tj1 said:

GNR nor Nando, give a shit about anyone here, or there ideas. It's just another ploy. Axl has nothing left. Any "new" music would be some regurgitated song that began 20 years ago, & would likley include 20 year old vocals. Though, I think its laughable to ever believe this band will ever release "new" (old as hell) music anyway. 

As long as there still selling tickets, what makes anyone believe they would care about anything else? There devotion to there fans?? Yeah ok.

I would be more than happy with an unreleased song, even if it's 20 years old. And... beside the fact, that axl still sounds great in studio, i guess his voice was way better 20 years ago. So, 20 years old vocals surely wouldn't harm a release...

1 hour ago, vloors said:

Why would they bother saying anything if thats the case?

Btw I really liked how he recorded rock the rock 20 years ago for a future episode of the looney tunes show.

That just there showed his still happy to go in and nail vocals.

I am sure they wont be just chinese leftovers if they do release something. Chinese material for the most part is outdated. 

They should release the leftovers CD II & III now, and then something new with Slash/Duff for the tour... what a beautiful dream... :rolleyes:

While I think that it is at least somewhat of step forward, with that "email us ideas" in an attempt to extend an olive branch - at this point do they really need emailed ideas to figure out what the fans want?

At this point, there is plenty of GNR merchandise out there.  They are playing shows - well not right now because nobody is, but you know what I mean lol.  The only thing left to do is either release studio material in any sort of form (album, EP, digital single, etc.) or live albums comprised of either shows from the old days or the reunion.  

In other worlds, we simply want our favorite band, to act like they are actually a band.  And maybe communicating why that isn't possible apparently, may at least be a good start - if we can't have any of the above stated things.

Edited by WhazUp
  • Like 2

Well... i dont have Fernando email, but if he can read this:

- Show some record/mix video or let us see something tangible to talk about the new album. Its painfull to read/make more than 150 page of nothing. Its really easy to make.

- Some of us want to buy music and Blurays. Make it happen! 

- We want exclusive material to buy. What about money goals contributed by fans to get that exclusive stuff? Like documentaries or completes shows from Canters Vault for ex?

Ty.

• Like 1

I think if i remember the bands attitude during 87 to 93 they seemed to be fan friendly. Especially with onstage axl rants just before the illusions came out with dissing Geffen for taking ages on releasing the albums. Then telling fans onstage during the illusion period of mixing up the setlist.

Then it seems sometime during the nuguns phase it was "we as a band owe the fans nothing. A fan pays for a ticket we play". nothing more nothing less. Somewhere axl no longer cared about what fans thought about gnr. I dont know why. If i read somd of the online chats axl had with fans, he had a real cut and dried type response. Maybe it was to do with the age of the internet, who knows.

Edited by Sydney Fan

5 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

I think if i remember the bands attitude during 87 to 93 they seemed to be fan friendly. Especially with onstage axl rants just before the illusions came out with dissing Geffen for taking ages on releasing the albums. Then telling fans onstage during the illusion period of mixing up the setlist.

Then it seems sometime during the nuguns phase it was "we as a band owe the fans nothing. A fan pays for a ticket we play". nothing more nothing less. Somewhere axl no longer cared about what fans thought about gnr. I dont know why. If i read somd of the online chats axl had with fans, he had a real cut and dried type response. Maybe it was to do with the age of the internet, who knows.

One of the reasons could very well be the internet, so called 'information' must have quadrupled including a load of made up stuff etc

What do people think are actually the chances of GnR releasing something? I want to hear from the optimists and the pessimists; I fell into this rabbit hole of GnR'dom in 2017 after going to see them and I know there are people here who know this band infinitely better than I ever will.

14 minutes ago, UseYourDemocracyIII said:

What do people think are actually the chances of GnR releasing something? I want to hear from the optimists and the pessimists; I fell into this rabbit hole of GnR'dom in 2017 after going to see them and I know there are people here who know this band infinitely better than I ever will.

30% and that's my optimistic side. I believe Axl has serious intentions to release something, but he somehow always withdrawals when it's time to deliver.

• Like 1