The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

Just now, Gibsonfender2323 said:

No. that's the truth 

It's not though. :lol:

Axl has claimed that Paul Tollet (promoter and co-founder of Coachella) was the main reason the reunion happened. If you think Fernando and TB were "100% responsible for the reunion" then you're delusional. Fernando made a phone call to Slash's manager after Axl had decided it was time for the reunion.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Gordon Comstock said:

It's not though. :lol:

Axl has claimed that Paul Tollet (promoter and co-founder of Coachella) was the main reason the reunion happened. If you think Fernando and TB were "100% responsible for the reunion" then you're delusional. Fernando made a phone call to Slash's manager after Axl had decided it was time for the reunion.

Yes it is.

Your delusional if you don't think that they just did the tour willy nilly. I meant by they are responsible for arranging the dates, logistics , hiring lighting and video crews, catering etc. Without them the tour probably collapsed

Edited by Gibsonfender2323
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

Yes it is.

Your delusional if you don't think that they just did the tour willy nilly. I meant by they are responsible for arranging the dates, logistics , hiring lighting and video crews, catering etc. Without them the tour probably collapsed

Was that why Fernando threw a hissy fit when that Angie (forgot the last name) got an award for being GNR NITL tour manager?

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Jesus Christ :lol:

Fernando and TB are not the reason NITL was successful, and it wouldn't have "collapsed" without their involvement. They are Axl's management team. A completely separate management team from Live Nation (y'know, people who are actual professionals) put the tour together, and were recognized for it a couple years ago with the Billboard touring award.

Ok if they are not GNR's management you can not blame them for anything  that has happened you have to blame live nation 

8 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately, although the result is the same), the things that the hardcore fans want and care about the most (new music, release of concerts, setlist, Axl's voice, Izzy and whatever else) are not up to Fernando and the band definitely doesn't wait for him to come up with ideas about any of these. 

In regards to some of the comments on reddit, although I understand people's need to vent, I think it's not very consistent to point out Fernando's arrogance or that he conducts himself like he is the band etc., and at the same time to expect him to do all the above as if it was his call and blame him because they aren't happening.

Now, the video takedowns and the communication with the fans are among the things that are up to him/he is responsible for, and I think this is where the focus should be in the interactions with him. 

Thank you for bringing some grey into the black and white - honestly!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Jesus Christ :lol:

Fernando and TB are not the reason NITL was successful, and it wouldn't have "collapsed" without their involvement. They are Axl's management team. A completely separate management team from Live Nation (y'know, people who are actual professionals) put the tour together, and were recognized for it a couple years ago with the Billboard touring award.

I forget that Live Nation has separate team to handle the tour. I have to assume Fernando and TB do something meaningful to contribute other than just Axl’s assistant.

2 minutes ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

Ok if they are not GNR's management you can not blame them for anything  that has happened you have to blame live nation 

I honestly can't tell if you're trolling or if you're really this dense.

They were not the reason that the tour was successful. They weren't managing the tour. Axl, Slash and Duff all have their own separate management teams. They are, however, a huge part of the problem in regards to fan communication, and video takedowns (and the ensuing harassment and "doxxing" of fans). They have absolutely earned their unfavourable reputation.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, The Holographic Universe said:

I have to assume Fernando and TB do something meaningful to contribute other than just Axl’s assistant.

They oversee the ridiculous, overpriced merch.

Thanks for the toy trucks and christmas ornaments, TB! :facepalm:

Even the AFD box set was put together by the record label.

Just now, The Holographic Universe said:

I still don’t understand the video takedowns complaints. I can find a video of any live GNR performance I want to see on YouTube. 

That's just not true... you might be able to find a low-quality videos of the most common bootlegs, but tons of stuff has been erased from youtube.

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

2 minutes ago, The Holographic Universe said:

I still don’t understand the video takedowns complaints. I can find a video of any live GNR performance I want to see on YouTube. Maybe it’s certain channels, but there is ample live GNR performances on YT.

Frans and his amazing collection would say other wise

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

They were not the reason that the tour was successful. They weren't managing the tour. Axl, Slash and Duff all have their own separate management teams. They are, however, a huge part of the problem in regards to fan communication, and video takedowns (and the ensuing harassment and "doxxing" of fans). They have absolutely earned their unfavourable reputation.

After a couple of days of thinking on it, I'm starting to think Fernandos reddit posts are just an attempt to get more traffic on their useless social media accounts. 

My guess is that the casual / general fans who post things like "Sweet Child Of Mine! Axel rulez! 11!!!!" are far more important to them these days. 

It'll be much easier for them to control the narrative on their social media and get as much money the casuals as possible if the forums don't exist. Over the past 5 years or so, they've always viewed that part of their fans as more valuable than the hardcore fans. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

People love to live in absolute dualities these days. It’s either good or the worst thing to ever happen. Same goes for the criticism here. There’s some good things that have happened with TB, a ton of gray most likely we don’t know the details of, and some horrible decisions such as the vid take downs, etc...

Artists pick their managers. Only Axl can decide if it is working and they provide value. 

There’s a ton of work to be done with fan relations. They are going to need a united front from the base at some point. They will need it to grow as well. I hope they focus on it 

Edited by guitarpatch
  • Like 1

Just now, guitarpatch said:

People love to live in absolute dualities these days. It’s either good or the worst thing to ever happen. Same goes for the criticism here. There’s some good things that have happened with TB, a ton of gray most likely we don’t know the details of, and some horrible decisions such as the vid take downs, etc...

Artists pick their managers. Only can Axl can decide if it is working and they provide value. 

There’s a ton of work to be done with fan relations. They are going to need a united front from the base at some point. They will need it to grow as well. I hope they focus on it 

The thing is, people don't want to hate on TB or Axl. Everyone who posts here is (or was) a big fan of the band, and we want the best from them. But TB have earned their reputation.

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

Just now, Gordon Comstock said:

The thing is, people don't want to hate on TB or Axl. Everyone who posts here is (or was) a big fan of the band, and we want the best from them. But TB have earned their reputation.

Sure. The one thing we know about is how they relate to us specifically. It’s valid criticism. I hope they learn how to galvanize this sector in a healthy way 

It’s a small but important at times part of the job 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

After a couple of days of thinking on it, I'm starting to think Fernandos reddit posts are just an attempt to get more traffic on their useless social media accounts. 

My guess is that the casual / general fans who post things like "Sweet Child Of Mine! Axel rulez! 11!!!!" are far more important to them these days. 

It'll be much easier for them to control the narrative on their social media and get as much money the casuals as possible if the forums don't exist. Over the past 5 years or so, they've always viewed that part of their fans as more valuable than the hardcore fans. 

Even a lot of casuals on facebook or reddit have grown bored of the reunion tour though. If you scroll passed the first few comments on their social media, tons of people ask about new music, live albums, etc.

2 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Couldn't agree with this more. I have to laugh when I see posts like "no wonder TB doesn't want to come here" and the like. 

The hardcore fans and users here are not the ones who gave TB their reputation. TB has very much earned the reputation they have amongst the fans. 

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

Just now, Gordon Comstock said:

Even a lot of casuals on facebook or reddit have grown bored of the reunion tour though. If you scroll passed the first few comments on their social media, tons of people ask about new music, live albums, etc.

Fair enough, but TB can still run the same game on a lot of them. 

Years ago many of us, myself included, fell for the "something is coming soon, just wait" and the whole "mysterious" act. They got a lot more money out of a lot of us at one time or another. Now that most of us are further enlightened, we don't fall for it anymore. My guess (and this is just my guess) is that they want to run the same game but just on the casual fans instead. 

• Like 3

I sent an e-mail to the e-mail Fernando posted. I wrote this:

Hi, how are you? So there are some suggestions fans really want to happen:

1 - In this period of Covid-19, the band could di release audios of concerts from 1987 to 1993, mixed and remastered properly, as it would be done with an official live album. The band could charge for it and make it available in MP3 or FLAC format so the buyer can choose his preference. Metallica does it with every single show they do and their fans are very happy with it.

2 - The band could also do the same thing listed above with concerts from 2016. This is the year the fans like the most from the Not In This Lifetime Tour. Or, the band could do a compilation of the best performances of this year and release it, mixed and remastered properly, as it would be done with an official live album.

3 - Similar to the two topics above, the band could also digitally release video concerts from 1987 to 1993 and from 2016, edited, mixed and remastered properly, as it would be done with official live DVDs/Blue-Rays. The band could also charge for it.

4 - The band could release live footage of songs from concerts on its YouTube Channel so the fans could enjoy them. It just needs to be 1 song from each concert. Metallica does it too and has a great response from their fans.

5 - In this period of Covid-19, it’s the best time for the band to release a single or more songs of its next album (it can be done digitally), because people are at home, so it’s more likely that they will listen to the song or songs.

Edited by diegodasilva23
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

No they haven’t . They don’t do things that you want so you have to act like a victim so you can harass them when They try explaining.

After what happened with the recent Fernando discussion it proves its the trolls and  the victim mentality that keeps them from communicating 

The thing about TB's reputation, is that I feel it would honestly be easy to repair - if they actually gave it a try and put some effort into doing so. Maybe I'm being too optimistic, but I think all of our expectations are so low, that even the slightest gesture would amount to something for us. I mean, take the Reddit posts for example. I for one am shocked that he went as far as to publicly provide their email address for ideas. I get it doesn't equate to posting Inglewood, 1991, or releasing old demos, but to be honest I'm surprised he did even that. Just a little bit of effort (as far as fan relations) goes a long way. 

Edited by GNRfanJen
  • Like 2